Tyranid Battle Reports

Redtoof

Hello!

I thought I’d make a new topic for my Battle Reports now they are over on a blog, so that you don’t have to trawl through loads of image-less Battle Reports to get to the new stuff. In addition feel free to add links to your own Tyranid Reports here, or ones you have seen and liked on the internet. That’d be cool.

Anyway, I recently played a game, Tyranids against Chaos Marines and Renegade Knights, using the Open War deck for a change, it was pretty fun. https://redtoof.blogspot.com/2018/08/battle-report-tyranids-vs-chaos-marines.html

9BD1C95A-836B-4B71-B69B-7B3952BF18E5.jpe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to post the reports.

I like your style of battlereps. They have the perfect level of detail and at the same time they present the flow of the battle as well as your (and opponent’s) thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to post the reports.

I like your style of battlereps. They have the perfect level of detail and at the same time they present the flow of the battle as well as your (and opponent’s) thoughts.

Thanks, this is exactly what I go for, focus on the interesting stuff and be too lazy to write about the rest. :D

Anyway, this one isn’t a report yet, just a preview for a game that I won’t need to write about...

https://redtoof.blogspot.com/2018/09/hive-fleet-goliath-prepare-for-winters.html

901B4F7C-FB9E-40A7-BE4A-E435DC306E34.jpe

• 4 weeks later...

So I’ve played a couple of games with the Tyranids (and allied Genestealer Cults) since the site went down. Firstly a regular classic report against John and his Emperor’s Children: https://redtoof.blogspot.com/2018/10/battle-report-tyranids-and-genestealer.html

2540173B-0616-45DF-9F32-29A7894888E9.jpe

Secondly, I went to be filmed in another video Battle Report, this time with SorcererDave. He mainly does let’s play videos, but he has recently started filming some narrative focused games of 40k. I previewed our game here: https://redtoof.blogspot.com/2018/09/what-kind-of-sorcery-is-this.html and then posted a link to and minimal comments on the game here: https://redtoof.blogspot.com/2018/09/video-battle-report-with-sorcererdave.html.

Finally, I’m expecting the game with Winters to hit YouTube on Sunday. So I’m pretty excited for that!

Duuuude. Just randomly clicked on YouTube and heard winters mention “Redtoof” thought hmm I wonder if that’s our very own b&c hero....it must be. And lo and behold it is. Right, back to watching your match but brilliant mate. Good to see you on the channel.

Cheers

played a 2,000 point game against Thousand sons today. Was a pretty good game. We ended up in a tie 9 to 9. 

But had we gone to turn 7 I would've tabled my opponent. His Renegade knight had 1 wound left and he had three rubric marines.

I had just spawned 2 spores, I had 3 biovores and 9 gaunts and a malanthrope left.

My opponent had

20 Tzangors
20 Cultists

2 Daemon Princes of Tzeentch with wings and claws
6 Rubric Marines
Ahriman
Magnus
Quad-Las pred
Renegade Knight with dual avenger gatling cannons and an icarus las cannon

I had
2 Flyrants with Devourers and Monstrous Rending Claws
1 Flyrant with Death Spitter and Monstrous Rending Claws
1 Swarm Lord
2 Neurothropes

1 Malanthrope

1 Exocrine

3 Biovores
1 Hive Crone
40 termagaunts in 4 squads
1 squad of ravagers

1 squad of warriors with devourers and a venom cannon

It was a very good game. I took the Kraken adaptation. The Swarmlord having a a 40" movement into the opponents front lines turn 1 is amazing.

played a 2,000 point game against Thousand sons today. Was a pretty good game. We ended up in a tie 9 to 9. 

But had we gone to turn 7 I would've tabled my opponent. His Renegade knight had 1 wound left and he had three rubric marines.

I had just spawned 2 spores, I had 3 biovores and 9 gaunts and a malanthrope left.

My opponent had

20 Tzangors

20 Cultists

6 Rubric Marines

Ahriman

Magnus

Quad-Las pred

I had

1 Swarm Lord

2 Neurothropes

1 Malanthrope

1 Exocrine

3 Biovores

1 Hive Crone

1 squad of ravagers

It was a very good game. I took the Kraken adaptation. The Swarmlord having a a 40" movement into the opponents front lines turn 1 is amazing.

Nice, sounds like a fun game. The Malanthrope survivor is a pretty consistent theme for me, was he the warlord?

My opponent had

20 Tzangors

20 Cultists

6 Rubric Marines

Ahriman

Magnus

Quad-Las pred

I had

1 Swarm Lord

2 Neurothropes

1 Malanthrope

1 Exocrine

3 Biovores

1 Hive Crone

1 squad of ravagers

Nice, sounds like a fun game. The Malanthrope survivor is a pretty consistent theme for me, was he the warlord?

Yeah he was. Shout out MVP though is the lone Gribbly, "Termaguant Frances." He stuck a 5+ to hit Magnus, and a solid 6 to wound and Magnus failed his last save with a 1.

I cant stress how scary the horror can be for us. And the Nuerothropes are fast becoming a favorite for late use smites. Being able to re-roll 1s is clutch!

• 2 weeks later...

Played 2 games with Nids this past weekend.

1st in Open War against Death Guard. Drew a crazy Map with no boarder, Acid Rain, and had to burn 3 objectives. Having a Daemon prince and Morty on one flank and 2 Bloat drones in your face on turn 1 is brutal. I should have lost, but my opponent charged a biovore thinking he would still be in range of the last objective but was outside of an inch. I had to kill 20 pox walkers to burn my final objective. It was so close I was 2 wounds saved from losing!

Second game was a bit of a let down. We were playing Maelstrom's 1st mission. It was an extremely strong IG gun line. However; Kraken was so horrifyingly fast and did so much damage. That my opponent conceded after the first turn.

Which was very unfortunate because I really wanted to see what would happen in later rounds.

Take aways; Kraken Swarmlord is my current favorite model. It does rely on onslaught going off, but he is absolutely devastating when it does.

The Horror is an absolute amazing spell. And it should always be taken on your Neurothropes. -1 to hits and -1 leadership is amazing. Being able to stack onto of Chameleonic Mutation, Spore Cysts, and Malanthrope bubbles is crucial to keeping the gribblies going.

2CP for +1 Cover is still useless and overcosted. After 2 more games of it either being ignored or spent to only block 2 extra Pathogenic Slime Exocrine shots on a plasma executioner, which still took it to the 2nd bracket isn't worth it.

Honestly, Open Wars twist cards do such an amazing job with its boon deck that it really makes you wish some of that was incorporated into the main game.

Also Metabolic Overload on Ripper Swarms is clutch when combined with Swarm Lord's ability to move in the shooting phase. Having a 36" movement to cap line breaker and an objective with ObSec is really great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived