Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

I was just feeling this as well. It feels like for the most part, shooting got improved far more than melee. That being said, melee is no slouch although delivery is still a problem with almost no improvement to advance and charges apart from what we already have.

That being said, melee is now extremely glorious, as per my game yesterday, a group of just 6 Grey Hunters managed to MOW down a squad of guardsmen in just ONE turn. Normally it takes me 2-3 turns just to get rid of T shirt saves, due to the amount of 1s and 2s I roll. I don't know mathhammer, but I got a feeling we may see a SLIGHT improvement in marine vs marine combat. Blood Angels may have their +1 to wound but first of all, they have to HIT first.

For the moment, my patience and usage of Long Fangs has been rewarded. That being said, I'm not going to rely on my Long Fangs to carry the day. The strategem is to improve their tank busting abilities, and kill the pesky Raven Guard and other bullroar -1 to hit nonsense from long range, enough for the grey Hunters and Intercessors to finish the job.

One other thing to note: Power armoured Wolf Priest can finally get a Power Fist. No more being stuck with a Crozius. I think with a Jump Pack with Saga of the Beastslayer. it'll be far more easier to hit, Wound, kill the pesky Rhino and then activate the Deed of Legend. I'm going to use Wolf priest more now. The strategem of rerolling wounds on another character near the wolf priest isn't bad either, probably best combo with another Wolf Lord or battle leader to reroll all wounds.

I still say that melee go the higher buff and that wr can still be considered a mainly CC army, but Keen Senses has given us some teeth in the shooting phase, as a moving and shooting army a la Eldar. And I really liked that versatility looking at the lists of things that can move and shoot. Having an On Demand Battle Focus or Power of the Machine Spirit four our units (that also ignores the enemies debuffs, but can be buffed means we get mobile Dark Reapers in any shooty unit) makes us one of the killiest SM Chapters. We will have to weather the strom. But let's see if Saga of the Hunter or Claoked by the Storm can assist us with that.

And about the WP, a kindly reminder that his PF does not replace the Crozius, which is awesome as you can get a hard hit on the charge against a Character and if he remains alive switch to the reliable Crozius for the next phase. And you can evennuse him with two WL, as if you are charging something big you can give both rerolls to wound, one with Seeking a Saga and the other with Mentor's Guidance.

Just had a quick read but right now, I'm a bit disappointed.

- Found nothing about possible successor chapters, including the Wolfspear.

- Primaris not being from Fenris is a missed opportunity / chance for some interesting interactions

- Right now, it feels like: "You are sons of Russ? Take that pelt. Now you're a member of the rout."

- If they are not Fenrisians, where do they come from? Terra? How do they view their Primarch? More like 30K Wolves? Or completely different? IMHO, it doesn't feel right for me as it is. Some might use the term "shoehorned".

As a longtime and proud member of the Rout (and furhter as a nonplayer), I was hoping for some interesting new lore including an official example of how to run or create a SW successor chapter, etc. :/

- Primaris not being from Fenris is a missed opportunity / chance for some interesting interactions

- Right now, it feels like: "You are sons of Russ? Take that pelt. Now you're a member of the rout."

- If they are not Fenrisians, where do they come from? Terra? How do they view their Primarch? More like 30K Wolves? Or completely different? IMHO, it doesn't feel right for me as it is. Some might use the term "shoehorned".

As a longtime and proud member of the Rout (and furhter as a nonplayer), I was hoping for some interesting new lore including an official example of how to run or create a SW successor chapter, etc. :/

weren't they fenrisians pulled from fenris after the heresey? but before russ left?

All of the outlier chapters got Primaris handwaved into them. If you were surprised that happened to us as well you weren't paying attention. It's lame, but it is what it is at this point.

No info on the Primaris Successors, not even a pic was definitely weird, or even mention in the timeline stuff.

weren't they fenrisians pulled from fenris after the heresey? but before russ left?
This was the fluff from before the Codex. There's a line in the Codex itself however that makes it sound like at least some of the Primaris are not from Fenris. Admittedly, the way it's written could also be taken to mean that the Primaris were taken from Fenris so long ago and trained so differently that they no longer feel like Fenrisians to the Wolf Lords. I did not like the way it was written at all. The confusion made me angry.

- Right now, it feels like: "You are sons of Russ? Take that pelt. Now you're a member of the rout."

So the codex implies its mixed, as it mentions a dude who was among the original primaris recruited frim fenris. But it also implies that a bunch of primaris are not from fenris.

According to Tooth and Claw all new Primaris are made fully with Fenrisians now. You can see what they're driving towards - non-fenrisian space wolves going native, new primaris being all fenris, status quo is correcting itself.

I think I'll convert a Inceptor as a Wolf priest with a jump jet.

I'm thinking he's more like a Valkyrie now

.....I kinda like the idea of making my sky claws Valkyrie's now....

I'm just waiting for sisters of battle for this very conversion

=][= Closing this thread as the Codex has been released and the use-fullness of the thread has expired. Please continue discussions of the new goodies(and baddies) in new threads=][=

Archived