Wish Listing Future Black Templars Releases

BloodWolves

Well scrolled through my news feed today and found out that the summer Campaign box set was not what some of us hoped to be which was an "Battle for Armageddon" boxset. For some reason, I thought Space Wolves would of been released in November and Orks in the first week of Orktober. But in saying that.. Maybe there is a chance in October for a Templar vs Ork boxset? I know GW is slowly releasing the Black Templars from the forefront (due to IP and stuff) but I dont think they can deny the fan base of them. What would you like to see with the boxset of templars?

Me personally I dont know much about Orks but for Templars,

- An Index that includes some of the ideas we have sent in (Emperors Champion with Oaths and Reclusiarchs as Higher Chaplains who can deny psykers in the psychic phase. Etc.)

- A dedicated transport for Primaris Marines (I think its fitting, As Templars are known to ride straight into the heart of battle and had the STC for the LRC and weren't dicks (Like the Brothers of Baal) by keeping it to themselves)

- Since GW loves single characters becUse they can sell them as pricey as a squad of 10 marines.. Primaris Emperors Champion, Primaris Castellan, a better looking/ less cartoon-like Primaris Chaplain etc. I know that this would be a long shot since even the SW didn't get melee Primaris but Primaris Sword Brethren, the first Melee orientated Primaris Marines.

- Some others I would like would be like a "Heroes of Helsereach" command squad. With an Updated Grimaldus and Ancient. I know this is probably the least likely to be supported by GW and those are normal Marines and they have a Reclusium Command Boxset before.

- I know in other threads there was discussion about the Primaris becoming the best way for Psykers to be reintroduced with the Black Templars, I hope they don't go this route and instead make the Emperors Champion more valued with Oaths.

I would like to see in the boxset vs Orks

- Primaris Castellan or Better Chaplain

- Primaris Emperors Champion

- 10 Intercessors

- New Primaris Dedicated Transport

- 5 New Melee Primaris (Sword Brethren)

All is I know is a bit far out and as it's said.. Hope is the first step towards disappointment..

...really? :facepalm:

Edit: did you really need to make a thread about the boxed set not having Templars in it? There are enough complaint/wishlist threads around. No need to add fuel to the fire.

I feel a bit of a sting of jealousy, Emperor forgive me, everytime I see other chapters getting cool stuff. Unfortunately Brother, GW does not give too much of a :cuss about us.

The best we can do is keep engaging GW in the social media asking about BT stuff. I do it frequently. What's the worse it can happen? Not getting anything? I wasn't expecting a SW Vs Gene box set until yesterday tease, but despite my wishlisting Im sure hell would freeze over to GW give a codex SM a box set with no Ultramarines on it.

I feel a bit of a sting of jealousy, Emperor forgive me, everytime I see other chapters getting cool stuff. Unfortunately Brother, GW does not give too much of a :censored: about us.

The best we can do is keep engaging GW in the social media asking about BT stuff. I do it frequently. What's the worse it can happen? Not getting anything? I wasn't expecting a SW Vs Gene box set until yesterday tease, but despite my wishlisting Im sure hell would freeze over to GW give a codex SM a box set with no Ultramarines on it.

well said

Now I could be wrong but I could of sworn that the Black Templars used to be one of the major supported Chapters. Not as much as the Ultramarines but Id say on par with Blood Angels and Dark Angels (Think previous of 4th Edition). Remember the boxset with the Dark Eldar? The Imperial Fists could never gain the same traction that the Black Templars ever did. Around when GW started to go after companies that were using alot of their imagery and likeness.. The Templar Cross is already a recognizable icon and therefore, no IP could be placed on the icon. Without the constant fanbase and people trying to make the Templars great again.. it wont be long til we lose the Crusader Squads, we get librarians and we become just another page in a codex like the Crimson Fists. Again, not claiming this is true. Just what Im seeing.

And yeah, I wont lie. Jealousy has taken root within as I watch other chapters garner favor. But I will try to heed Bastalans words.. "Do not besmirch the Honour of our brother chapters.."

Note that I've changed the topic title to more accurately reflect the subject of the discussion.

The Black Templars were never supported on par with the other Big 4 Chapters (Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves). They were in a close second place, perhaps the first among the second tier Chapters (far and away the first, taking lead over the Imperial Fists, Salamanders, Iron Hands, and the like).

While it would be nice to see the Black Templars featured in some sort of future boxed set (and I have my own ideas about what I'd like in a hypothetical set), I think that a baseline reasonable expectation would be:

• Primaris lieutenant ("castellan") - a character that is clearly a member of the Black Templars Chapter, including chains and tabard
  • Primaris upgrade sprue - enough bits to ensure that a single Primaris squad looks like Black Templars
I think that those two things combined would give Black Templars fans the bits and options they would need to give their Black Templars army the proper appearance.

My wish list items (great to see, but doubtful that we'll get them) would be two Primaris characters - an Emperor's Champion and a captain/marshal. And if there's any Chapter for which I could see a chaplain dreadnought (besides the Howling Griffons :wink: ), it's the Black Templars.

I do not want to see librarians returned to the Black Templars Chapter (and librarians are far and away my favorite of Adeptus Astartes characters, so that should tell you something).

Personally, though, I've never worried about the Black Templars Chapter not being at the forefront of Big 4 support. The 3rd edition spotlight on the Chapter was, in my opinion, an aberration brought about by them being turned from a Codex Chapter into the Chapter we know and love today. They were new and shiny and different from the Big 4 Chapters at that time. They are still very different from those other Chapters, but are no longer new. They've never been as prominent as they were when Codex: Armageddon was first published, but they've been supported continuously since that time. Yes, we've seen rules and lore changes through the years, and some of those changes have created consternation with more than a few fans. However, the core concept of the Chapter has largely remained true to the 3rd edition incarnation; and I don't see Games Workshop changing that. Something few other Chapters can claim is being featured in the story of the return of Roboute Guilliman. That's a considerable honor that GW bestowed, and a token of continued support for the Chapter in terms of its importance to the setting and prominence within the ranks of the Adeptus Astartes. GW could have cast any Chapter in that role, but they chose the Black Templars.

The key, I think, is for fans to continue to assemble, paint, and play Black Templars armies rather than complain about not having things that some of us may want. Realistically, we can't even agree on what we as fans of the Black Templars want. Some of us are willing to shoot for the moon, others might be largely satisfied with current options (lack of Primaris options being the exception), and most of us are somewhere in between with a variety of wants and want nots.

But I'll bite on the question posed by the OP "What would you like to see with the boxset of templars?"

In a hypothetical boxed set featuring the Black Templars, I'd like to see the things I've already mentioned (Primaris lieutenant/castellan, Primaris upgrade kit) some other "generic" Space Marine units (you can use the upgrade kits to Black Templarify them), and a new marshal character (I don't care if he's legacy or Primaris). The hypothecial boxed set doesn't even need to be a campaign type of box. It could be a start collecting box, similar to that for the Blood Angels. That would allow for the current options sprue to be included, along with non-Primaris Space Marine models (though I'd bet that GW would focus any new Adeptus Astartes start collecting boxes on the Primaris models). Alternately, if there is a campaign style box, Orks and the pursuit of Ghazgkull Thraka would seem like a logical choice.

I would be satisfied with Primaris Crusader Squads, they don't need a stupid new name, a lieutenant, an upgrade sprue and a Primaris EC.

We can share a codex, we can have a subpar CT, but for the love of God-Emperor, I want them looking like Templars. Tabards, chains, Greatswords. I want them looking like the Knights they are.

And no witches. That's goes without saying.

I still cling to a small ember of hope for Armaggedon due to that artwork of a Primaris Templar fighting a Khorne Daemon.

I didn't know there was any hope or rumor about a BT box set so I find it hard to be disappointed. Honestly, this subforum has too many threads talking about what we don't have. I just want everyone to update their crusade threads with new pictures. That's why I'm here!

Zeal And Fury!

i will do that soon...

At the moment i am renew my BT army.  Even my Primaris get a lot of details now :wink:

I would be satisfied with Primaris Crusader Squads, they don't need a stupid new name, a lieutenant, an upgrade sprue and a Primaris EC.

We can share a codex, we can have a subpar CT, but for the love of God-Emperor, I want them looking like Templars. Tabards, chains, Greatswords. I want them looking like the Knights they are.

And no witches. That's goes without saying.

I still cling to a small ember of hope for Armaggedon due to that artwork of a Primaris Templar fighting a Khorne Daemon.

37093739 10216502013845473 5673544393768828928 N

my whole army will look like this ;)

maybe we should show how much money GW lost because all Templar buy their stuff on kromlech, spellcrow...

A Primaris Templar upgrade kit, a Primaris crusader squad, and possible a Primaris dedicated combat unit (one that hits harder than the Reivers) would be enough. I'd love a codex as well but I figure some primaris stuff is more reasonable. Honestly while we may not get everything we want Games Workshop has definitely not forgotten about us. We were major players in the Fall of Cadia and events to follow, we have a huge fan base, we have the ever popular fan-made Helsreach series, and I'm sure when the fighting on Armageddon takes the spotlight we'll come into focus once more. Lore wise I'd like to see the religious aspect of the Templars grow. I realize that's a touchy subject for several Templars who recall when the Templers were just like the other chapters and did not revere the Emperor as a god but this seems to be the best way to make us stand out in the lore and encourage greater divergence. Who knows, such faith could even lead to a Templar codex once again, although I'm not holding my breath.

Bam. See Brother Tyler, that was what this thread was supposed to be about. I dont know what the other had an issue with but thank you for your input. Im always going to try getting GW's attention about the Black Templars. Irregardless of how futile it may be or how other here try to pursuade me otherwise.

I am still hoping that if the Orks do get a Campaign boxset.. it will be against a revitalized Black Templars army. I agree with an updated upgrade sprue as well. I think the Templars would be a great choice to roll out a new Primaris Dedicated transport too though. Say... just like the new Tooth and Claw box set but instead of a Redemptor.. we get a transport. What would you legit name a Primaris Dedicated Transport?

Every time I see one of these threads it reminds me that theres been like a million of these since I joined here in 5th ed, a lot of wishing and nothing in return.

Keep your hopes low and my wish for now is for GW not to screw the army over again come the September FAQ.

Well... I think Black Templars will receive NOTHING. Why? Because GW is investing in the Big4 (UM, BA, DA, SW) and in a second place the Chapter/Legions (White Scars, Salamanders, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Imperial Fists, etc.) but not second founding chapters, in the Kill Team core book you can find some Name Generators for the original chapters, not including CF nor BT.

In the other hand, we have received special treatment since 3rd edition (Codex: Armageddon and then Codex: Black Templars). We have 5 unique units (Crusaders, Cenobytes, Grimaldus, Helbretch and EC) so we receive much more love than most Legion/Chapters (compare with Salamanders, White Scars, Iron Hands, etc.)

I want to add that the lore changes in 8th are interesting because they didn't copy&paste from previous editions, they spent some time in making some important changes:

• Now we are not only Zealots, now we are the only chapter believing in the God-Emperor. Why did GW changed that? Maybe some future lore/gameplay modifications.
  • INDEX IMPERIUM 1, new fluff: The Chapter’s single-minded fanaticism has granted them strong ties with the Ecclesiarchy, and it is common to see marching ranks of Black Templars battle-brothers accompanied by frenzied flagellant warriors and mad-eyed priests spitting creeds of eternal hatred against the heretic and the alien. Maybe in a future we could receive some love with Inquisition/SoB.
  • Guilliman gave a specific order to the High Marshal: Shrine World Crusades
  • Primaris marines could give our new  chances to retain our identity through new mixed squads (Deathwatch) when Oldmarines diseppear
  • Gathering the Storm. Black Templars was the Chapter, not the Big4, BT were fighting and dying to save Guilliman. Why?

I still have faith in the next years, well, I keep my faith cause I'm a zealot and I refuse to play Raven Guard or Black Ultras.

We could receive more love when Armageddon returns... or in other campaigns.

Exactly! I don't understand all these complaining threads that keep popping up. We have the most characters in the codex outside of the Ultramarines. We have the most pages of lore. And we're the only second founding, successor chapter with our own unique tactics. And yet every Black Templars forum I'm a part of is like 50% complaining. I think we've got it pretty good! You all feel disappointed because you're expecting unrealistic things. We're not getting a codex. A box set is closer to a possibility but I still doubt it. My big hope is for a primaris upgrade sprue. But not getting one isn't a huge blow to my sense of fun. Keep your expectations reasonable and you'll be happier.

.. Thats because the Imperial Fists, Salamanders and most other Codex chapters are somewhat boring and their lore is kinda crap. Post founding chapters have gained better ground such as the Raptors, Red Scorpions..

And as always, Im happy to want, dare to argue and fine to dream. Again, no one is forcing you to reply and read "complaints". I and others will continue to field the Templars whether there are changes or not but there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting something new.

Thats because the Imperial Fists, Salamanders and most other Codex chapters are boring and their lore is crap. 

HERESY! Hahahahaha

Yeah, Black Templars are amazing man, I never enjoyed playing W40k, but I have collected BT for years, and still buying and trading for increasing my collection. I love BT, I really desire little bit more of love, more explanations to our new fluff, and maybe small adjustements to our rules.

Still BT community are strong, but we all are real zealots so there are many fanatical brothers, maybe this subforum is special because we all are fanatical... but you know... We are the Emperor's finest!

, now we are the only chapter believing in the God-Emperor.

sorry, thats wrong. The Red Scorpions and a few others believe in the emperor as a god too.

Ok, thanks brother!

I thought we were the only ones, because of this sentence in Index Imperium 1:

• Unlike their fellow Adeptus Astartes brotherhoods, the Templars maintain an absolute belief in the God-Emperor as a divine being.

​But it is true that in Codex SM it changes to:

• Unlike other Chapters, who venerate the Emperor as their creator and the rightful ruler of the Imperium, the Black Templars believe him to be a divinity to whom they offer worship.

But yeah, maybe I misread. I will search information about those other Chapters. Thanks for the correction

Exactly! I don't understand all these complaining threads that keep popping up. We have the most characters in the codex outside of the Ultramarines. We have the most pages of lore. And we're the only second founding, successor chapter with our own unique tactics. And yet every Black Templars forum I'm a part of is like 50% complaining. I think we've got it pretty good! You all feel disappointed because you're expecting unrealistic things. We're not getting a codex. A box set is closer to a possibility but I still doubt it. My big hope is for a primaris upgrade sprue. But not getting one isn't a huge blow to my sense of fun. Keep your expectations reasonable and you'll be happier.

Oh yeah we are having it really good...

My expectations are a decent CT and Primaris lieutenant. Maybe more the miniature than the rules. I think my expectations are reasonable.

Archived