Texas B&C members Open-Invitation Event Planning

NovemberIX

First off, apologies for the mods and admins if this should have stayed in the community portion of the Forum, but Amicus does have much more traffic by far, so I hope I'm not out of line for posting here.

With Labor day about three weeks out it's about time I started to firm up the plans and ideas I've been tossing about in the Texas Meet up thread in the community part of the forum. For those that haven't read the thread, I'd like to invite fellow Bolter & Chainsword members to Deviate Autosport in Houston Texas September 1st-3rd for either a few small games over the weekend or a big 'ole apoc style throw down. Depending on how many folks we get, we could try and break up into thematic teams (e.g. Imperials vs Chaos vs Xenos [which could be further split into 2 more factions depending]).

As it stands right now I believe Honda, Grand Master Iapetus and Gar are planning on being here, we'd have at least three 6x4 tables with secret weapons miniatures tablescapes tiles, and a fair amount of urban style terrain. This thread is specifically to find out who's planning on joining us, and any ideas folks may have to make this a really fun event.

To give a bit of detail about the location, Deviate Autosport is an auto shop owned by my elder brother located at 1789 Upland Dr, Houston TX, 77043, near Beltway 8 and I-10 in west Houston. Deviate has a massive show room that we're allowed to take over for the weekend (they'll be closed), we also have a gated parking lot that can hold about 20+ vehicles. Within a 10 minute drive there are a ton of food options from the dine in (all varieties of cultural and price points) to major fast food chains and even a few food trucks. For members that are coming from out of town, there are also local hotels and motels within just a few minutes of Deviate. The closest GW is about 15 minutes away for any emergency model purchases, Walmart is about 5 and a craft store is just a bit more down the street.

The initial idea is everybody brings a 250 PL list that's more or less "run what ya brung", though like before, I'd like to get any ideas and opinions folks might have. The current table layout will most likely be an I shape with urban areas on the ends connected by an elevated section of "naturalized ruins", though if anyone has terrain tiles, mats, or buildings of their own they would like to bring I'd be super appreciative and find ways to work it into the layout.

I plan on hauling out the entirety of my army in case we either lose our minds and start upping points levels or people would like to borrow units :wink: The vinyl plotter will also get some run time since I plan on making a few random decals as the game goes on!

With all this said, I hope to hear what y'all have to say!

ohKx4pp.jpg

6ZlP1Sg.jpg

b933YrS.jpg

FTIRwzK.jpg

( hopefully the pictures show just how much space we have to work with)

I will talk to the Cannoness tonight to see if I can make it.

May the light of the Emperor shine upon you!

I won't have a full army to bring, but I'm still interested, and maybe we can do some kill team games.

I haven't seen the new rules yet, but I think as a whole we're all fairly interested in it as a game, also, how would you feel about using some of my guys? I was planning on bringing out the whole kit and caboodle anyway.

Nice! We have a bi-annual Meetup over here in the uk and its sooooo great to see other communities doing the same. Hope you chaps have an awesome time! Post up some pics too :smile.:

BCC

I've been fortunate to meet a few other members, as well as have regular games with Honda. With a bit of luck, I think it'll be a blast had by all. Here's to hoping the photography gods are with me and we get some good ones too!

Now as for all the other Texas folk, where y'all at! C'mon down, grab a tape measure and roll some dice! ;)

I'd really like to, however, work has seen fit that I end one work trip at the weekend and begin another immediately after the holiday, and I need to spend a couple of days with the family, but I will try and work out next year or another time.

So I've gotten a few updates, and so far it looks like only a 2-3 people will be able to make it out, my local gaming group in unable to attend as well. Admittedly this is mostly on me since I didn't plan things out further in advance. I'm of two minds currently, I'm always up for meeting new folks, seeing new armies, and showing off my own army, but I also feel like it'd be a long drive for y'all for what is turning out to be a rather small gathering. Thus I offer two choices, we can go forward with the game as planned, or I can hold off for a bit more time to get everyone's schedules lined up and a firm plan. As always though, folks are invited to come hang out when the group comes down to my house for a game, Deviate just has the bigger parking lot and space.

So since we're more or less officially postponed for this weekend, and possibly the rest of the year (the lack of long weekends that aren't family oriented make using the shop rather difficult) I'm open to hearing when folks think would be best time to plan this actual get together event. Non-Texans are of course invited, y'all might just have a slightly longer drive ;)

Archived