Ultramarines W.I.P.

Axineton

Your army is looking great:tu: Shame you had to abort the game... Looks like you were off to a good start. Nice picture set from the game though. Good luck on your next game.

Cheers Brother Lunkhead. Yeah I did get off to a better start than my second game thanks to everyone’s recommendations here and I think me playing kill team has also helped in a roundabout way.

Had a game against Imperial Knights tonight. I much prefer these than those Dark Angels!! Turn 1 I think i lost around 9 intercessors and my stormraven took two wounds. My redemptor took a lot of wounds down to 4 wounds left. if I remember correctly it was a helverin that got him down to that.

Game was only 3 turns as I had to pick my son up from work but we're having a rematch after xmas. Roboute managed to kill a knight and a helverin by the end of turn 2. He was also killled but I managed to roll a 4 I think and revived him and then rolled a d6 nd rolled a six to get 6 wounds back. He is a beast!! I did wonder why every opponent had convinced me not to use him in my games!! Now I think I'll use him a lot more now. Sorry for the nooby report. I will get the hang of it once I know what I'm doing. i'm slowly getting there. And still loving the game more each time I play.

My opponenet won the roll off and I couldn't seize the initiative.

WBqtMWXl.jpg

My guys in as much cover as possible from those big scary guns

xfsmMgLl.jpg

This little git took out 4 of my intercessors on turn 1

dKbaPWal.jpg

The boys chilling in the repulsor

45Ji1ZKl.jpg

roboute Guilliman and the gang.

jd5aC0Ml.jpg

big scary knight

AcnkDBxl.jpg

Turn 2 and the knights are getting nearer to my boys in blue.

4ecZOT7l.jpg

XvODuiYl.jpg

The knight is now down to 20 wounds thanks to the Primarch of the 13th

6lyFDTal.jpg

I think I got charged here but not quite sure. so RG decided to pile in!

sRRjAcUl.jpg

The Primarch avenged his fallen sons with the emperors sword and killed the knight. The knight had the decency not to explode so G'man was safe.

1YV6XUEl.jpg

• 1 month later...
A bloke at my club is gonna paint 15 hellblasters and a redemptor dread in the style of my ultras. He’s doing it £45 so hopefully next week I’ll have a few new additions. I’ve seen his work and it’s great! I may get him to paint up marneus calgar and some victrix guard along with a primaris ancient, captain and lieutenant to give me a few more options.

Got six Hellblasters finished today. Going to do the other nine on sunday afternoon. Here's how they look. Used an old Primaris Ultramarines upgrade sprue and used two Deathwatch Ultramarine shoulder pads cos I didn't have enough. I went and got another Upgrade sprue today as well so all fifteen will have the shoulder pads and the other nic nacs. Also used three Reiver heads from the Reiver kit. I'm also thinking of using Lt Calcius backpack, Shoulder pad and helmet but undecided yet.

cv1awZkh.jpg

All fifteen Hellblasters are now built and ready to be handed to old matey tomorrow night. Here's the gang in grey. I've used some bits from the Intercessors and Reivers kits to give them a bit of a different look as the Hellblasters kit is pretty generic compared to them other kits.

HGGZ2cyh.jpg

Closer look at all the lads.

pZa2vhvh.jpg

nmVCHWTh.jpg

uEoQaj5h.jpg

tA3rxYrh.jpg

qqMT5Nhh.jpg

fnj8cb8h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the guy who's meant to be painting my Hellblasters and Redemptor has done his back in with nerve damage. So I've taken it upon myself to start painting them. But I hate painting that is until today and I've really enjoyed it today. I think it's cos I thinned my paints more than  I usually do and the results look a lot better. I'm not gonna win any golden demons but so far with what I've done I'm happy.

Also I can spray my miniatures at work because we have a flammable low flashpoint room that is about 10 degrees at the moment. I've never even thought about priming in there till Thursday night and then went for it on Friday morning.

Getting the Smurf treatment

W7ymp88h.jpg

Sargeant

ZPxW5vih.jpg

A few more and this is where I am right now.

YoygAeEh.jpg

Had a 2000pt game last night against Imperial Knights, only 3 turns due to my opponent turning up an hour late! (I will get a full game done one day!!)

Anyway got a few pics from the game. Can't really remember much and I really should film it or write notes but I usually forget.

PFb25Syh.jpg

yDw8U3Zh.jpg

QM9Hx5Ph.jpg

My Repulsor was actually used as a bullet sponge as my opponent used all but 2 of his knights to take it down freeing my troops to get into position to start dealing damage.

XJPN60Xh.jpg

Repulsor was gone by the end of my opponents turn 1

NOLaUweh.jpg

z3ChXQgh.jpg

lfTytu3h.jpg

My intercessors and Hellblasters took this knight out by the end of turn 2. With Guillimans and a Primaris ancients help.

cAWCS5yh.jpg

BVC86MXh.jpg

oOLCHvph.jpg

End of turn two just before my squad of intercessors and techmarine were taken out.

EwVvjOAh.jpg

But with the rule from the Primaris ancient (Astartes Banner, which we were actually using wrong after I've just looked at the rule now!!) I was whittling down a warglaive that Guilliman killed.

Guilliman was killed right at the end of my opponents turn 2 but he resurrected (4 out of 4 games he's been killed and 4 out of 4 times I've managed to resurect him!) with 4 wounds.

Turn 3 was just me taking out another warglaive with Guilliman but the club was shutting down as it was getting close to 10pm so we decided to end it here.

I did lose on victory points 5 to 1 due to my tactical objectives been unobtainable and him getting decent ones but all in all I loved adding more hellblasters and the Primaris Ancient. Changed the way I played and I felt like I had more firepower and my army felt tougher.

So I think I won tonight but not sure!! My opponent conceded on the start of turn 5. I killed most of his Drukhari over the 4 turns and he didn't have much left going in to turn 5 so he gave up. We were on 3vp apiece by the end so not sure how it works. He did say I won and that I would of done loads more damage by the end so there we go.

My 1000pts consisted of

Primaris Librarian as my Warlord with the tomm of Malcador relic.

Techmarine

3 squads of 5 intercessors

3 squads of 5 Hellblasters

and a Primaris ancient 

All coming in at 998pts.

Managed to get the first strike vp on turn 1 by taking out his Razorwing with 10 Hellblasters and was pretty proud of that. I'll add a few pics tomorrow with what was going on if I can remember.

Seriously loving playing this game, wish I'd never left the hobby back in the 90's now!!

Right as promised here's some pics of last nights battle with esplanations if I can remember whats happening lol!

Right we decided on doing the Visions of victory mission from the maelstrom of war missions in the CA2018 book. I won the roll off and chose my side of the table and my opponent had to place all his miniatures on the battlefield. He chose to place his warlord which was an Archon in one of his Venoms and I think a squad of Kabalites (not sure if thats what they're called.) in the raider. His squad of Scourges he held back for deep striking.

My opponent had only recently decided last week to start Drukhari and this is his first battle do he's unfamiliar with how they play and what the pros and cons are of them.

Because he set up his army first he had first turn and I tried to seize the initiave but rolled a 1. He quipped and said do I want to use a command point :biggrin.:

he drew 4 objective cards, I can only remember one and that was I had to nominate a character that he had to kill so I chose my Librarian and if I remember rightly I had to choose an objective for him to get to and hold. So I chose objective 5 which is the open objective between my split forces.

All he did was get his vehicles in place ready to shoot my forces. He only managed to take out 2 intercessors on his shooting phase.  But with my Primaris ancients Banner ability one of my Intercessors could roll to see if he could shoot before he died. I rolled a four and then took a potshot at the Razorwing and got 1 wound in.

My turn.

I pick my cards and first card I pull out is: Mission Critical Objective :down:  I had to roll to see which objective it'd be and I rolled a 6 so it was the one in the centre.  Next was Defend objective 2. Handy as thats the one at the far building on the left of the table with my Techmarine and a few Intercessors and Hellblasters near. Third card was Secure Objective 4. Even handier as thats the one on the right building where the main bulk of my force is. I can't remember the fourth card I drew.

Anyway I moved to both objectives as they were really close. Then it was my psychic phase. Now the razorwing of which I never got a pic of is just inside the 18" zone and the nearest unit. So I roll a double six :censored: then have to see how many mortal wounds I take and I rolled a 5!!!! So 3 mortal wounds and my Librarian is half dead!! I had to roll a D6 to see how many wounds the vehicle would take and rolled a 4. Nice! The other psychic power I was going to use was Fury of the Ancients but I never managed to roll a 7 to cast it.

Shooting phase.

The 2 Hellblaster squads took aim at the razorwing and took another 4 wounds off it in total. so Its now down to one wound. I was focusing on this only as I thought this was a serious hazard to my marines. Not sure if it was the most hazardous or not as I've not faced the evil elves till last night.

Anyway I had a squad of Intercessors that took aim and did nothing. My librarian has a bolt pistol so was out of range and then up steps my Primaris Ancient with his bolt rifle and proceeds to get a wound on it. It didn't blow up but I got my first first strike I've ever got and my first vp of the game. :biggrin.:

My other squads with my Techmarine shoot the raider and gave it one wound and my Techmarines Conversion Beamer at over half range managed to give it 4 wounds. 

Best start I've ever had this is.

This pic was taken at the end of turn 1.

pGaGCm6h.jpg

Turn 2.

My opponent never got any objectives in turn 1 so didn't draw any cards. He moved his Venoms closer to me and his raider moved up closer to my Techmarine. 

He brought his scourges down into play and a squad of kabalites at the end of his movement phase.

He took a few more potshots with his venoms and took two hellblasters off the table but not before I rolled a 5 on one of them and got a free shot. Now I should of overcharged here but I completely forgot but still got a wound on his venom. I'm loving this Ancient!!

The Scourges decided to charge my Intercessors on Objective 4 so I couldn't secure it. I did overwatch and only took one of the scourges out.

J9FAKvBh.jpg

The scourges managed to take 2 intercessors out on Objective 4 in the fight phase. Here I completely forgot about my ancient!!

My turn.

I can't remember the 2 objective cards I drew here.

I decided I only wanted my Librarian to move 3" forward here. Ther was a method to my madness. I moved a few hellblasters and intercessors and my Ancient up next to the libby. Th e techmarine and other squads never moved. They were ok over on the other side of the map.

So now my Psychic phase. I used fury of the ancients again and the scourges were the closest unit with my 3D6 roll. so I drew the imaginary line and lo and behold it went straight through 3 of the scourges :biggrin.: and two of them died. I think. It's a bit hazy now as I'm really trying to remember stuff.

The hellblasters and Intercessors then proceeded to destroy the venom that his warlord was in but it didn't blow up.

And that is about as much as I can remember off the top of my head. I had a great time playing and we're on for a rematch in the future but I may take Harlequins for the last bout between us but not sure yet. Anyway more pics here and if I remember the rest of the game I'll edit this post accordingly.

Wn6AerGh.jpg

Ye78nQ2h.jpg

eez7srGh.jpg

3yu99vTh.jpg

TDbas7Dh.jpg

R2UMRq2h.jpg

FgBagayh.jpg

Archived