Ultramarines W.I.P.

Axineton

So in a moment of madness on friday evening I got into a bidding war on ebay and pride took over! I ended up winning this Primaris Army of Ultramarines. I've always been a fan of Guillimans Chapter and I love the Primaris models. Anyway here's the army in all its glory. All but twelve minis are painted here and they look better in person than in these pictures. Oh and If I could be cheeky could someone work out how many points there are here? If not no worries I'll figure it out.

Also what else would be worth adding to this army? I did buy an assault squad with jump packs the other week that are still in their box unassembled and I also have quite a few boxes of intercessors and hellblasters left to assemble.

Roboute Guilliman

Aclo9Vll.jpg

Ortan Cassius

ZpEastul.jpg

Techmarine

CmnTmgBl.jpg

Librarian and 5 Hellblasters and 1 Intercessor

Sh16IaFl.jpg

9 Intercessors

EXAWpdNl.jpg

Redemptor dreadnought

BaJnw9rl.jpg

Repulsor tank (The base is being delivered tomorrow!!)

6LdE2Yhl.jpg

Stormtalon I think???

jXnbNeIl.jpg

And finally the unfinished captain and 5 Intercessors and 5 Hellblasters

krmVikRl.jpg

Forgot to add these two pictures.

Assault terminator squad?

oXnGMY9l.jpg

Inceptor squad

fs170kMl.jpg

Welcome amongst the ranks of the ultramarines.

That's a nice looking army you have there.

It's a shame Roboute's base is redone, the original is very cool.

Apart from that the paint job looks good!

You have around 2300 points worth of ultramarines, fitting a batallion since you have three troops.

p.s. you might want to delete one of your posts, you accidentally double posted this thread.

Nice find! Great head start on the Ultras. I’d probably add Inceptors if you like Primaris for some fun deepstrike punch.

There’s actually 3 of them in this army. Another picture I forgot to add

Now with added Terminators and Inceptors in the pictures.

Thanks Ishagu.

Could one of you fellow brothers recommend some storage options? At the moment their still in the box they arrived in. I went on the KR Multicase site but I didn’t really understand it all that much.

Kr multicase is what I use, but I admit the website is pretty confusing.

Look for a KR card case, and fill it out with foam options suitable for the models you have. You're looking for 32mm infantry trays, as well as deeper pick and pluck foam to fit Guilliman and the Repulsor.

It can take a bit of browsing unfortunately :-/

Personally I'm switching to magnetised storage and transportation.

I have a metal filing cabinet where I store them and I backed the army box kickstarter to get a case for transport.

I have a large KR multicase set for my ultramarines and it works fine, but magnetised allows me to bring al my armies in the same case.

KR's system is a little hard to grasp at first, but it works like this:

pick a case you like (the bigger, the more models you will be able to transport), then pick your cardboard boxes to go within the case.

After that open the custom foam tray for space marines in a separate window and figure out a layout for your space marine army that fits inside your cases.

Order those, wait for a bit and you have a wonderfulp transportation option.

Did you sort out your carry case woes? If you get really stuck and want to use KR, you can e-mail them what you have and they can recommend the foam trays needed.

I did email them but they never replied which I was a bit annoyed about so I went to my local gw and brought a crusade case or whatever it’s called. Everything fits perfect after a bit of trying different combos.

Well, that was a poor showing from them!

Crusade case is nice, better than people give it credit for too. I imagine the Repulsor fits in fine but what about the Raven?

Yeah that swayed my decision actually them not replying.

If I turn the raven at an 45 degree angle it fits fine mate. The Repulsor fits great as well and I can actually get the whole lot inside the case with room to spare.

Playing my first game this Thursday at my local club. A bloke on Facebook has said he’ll go through the rules and how to pick your squad etc in a small game. Can’t wait to have a go now. I’ll update late Thursday night or early Friday morning how I got on

So just got back home after my first ever game and I............... Bloody LOVED it! Played against the Eldar of Ulthwé and it ended in a tie. We went for around about 1000 points give or take. I took Cassius, a primaris librarian, Repulsor and redemptor dread and two five man squads of intercessors.

My opponent took Eldrad Ulthran, I think it was five or six wraithguard, 2 squads of guardians that came with a cannon for each squad if I remember rightly, two falcons I think but can’t remember and a spiritseer as well I think. I may have some of that wrong as I don’t know the Eldar units off the top of my head.

We played for four turns as time was moving along and he’d explained how the game was played and how to assemble my squads with points etc. I won the roll to see who would go first but he seized the initiative and ended up deploying first or going first I can’t remember now. Anyway Cassius died to Eldrad on turn 3, my redemptor also died on turn 3 but he killed a squad of guardians before he died. My Repulsor killed one of the tanks and also about four wraithguards and was tearing up the battlefield. One of my intercessor squads charged Eldrad and they ended up killing him and that was it time to pack up and go home.

My phone died as I got to the venue so couldn’t take any pics or notes so I’m just remembering stuff off the top of my head so it’s a bit fuzzy. Anyway like I said I loved it and can’t wait to go again hopefully next week and learn some more.

Originally I was a bit apprehensive of going as I didn’t know anyone and am a noob but I’m so glad I went. Anyway that’s enough waffling from me.

Fantastic. Enjoying the game is the most important thing.

Playing smaller games is always a nice way to learn, and it's quicker too.

Yes mate I agree. I had trouble with how many dice to use etc for stuff and my opponents toughness and strength and working out all that stuff but he was great and patient and showed me loads of stuff and towards the end of the game I was getting the hang of it and the gist. Hopefully going again next week and I’ll definitely take pictures

Archived