speed freaks! - new buggies spotted!

Triszin

I need to see a proppa' picture of that monstrous ork. As it is, he almost looks comical, like a naked, obese Ork.

One man's comedy is another man's terror - a naked, obese Ork of that size would scare me to death!

I can see a massive Ork but I can’t tell from that pic that he’s a biker. This is exciting stuff.

Loving the fact there are at least two buggy designs. Wartrakks too?

My Bet is 3 buggies, (As per box art on Speed Freaks)

Then also I expect we have some new Wartakks in other boxs

I can see a massive Ork but I can’t tell from that pic that he’s a biker. This is exciting stuff.

Loving the fact there are at least two buggy designs. Wartrakks too?

My Bet is 3 buggies, (As per box art on Speed Freaks)

Then also I expect we have some new Wartakks in other boxs

Good shout. There is another design on the box with a grot hanging off the front. It was rumoured to contain 4 buggies so maybe a fourth design too? Or 6 buggies, two copies of each. Because it’s a game I’d expect an even number so each side has the same number of buggies.

So....

I have Orks for Kill Team and Love 'em. Used to play GorkaMorka and loved that too. Now Speed Freaks is here and it's starting to feel inevitable that I'll start an Ork army.

The problem is, I have a Guard army and can't bare painting up another horde army!

How may Orks realistically are there in a Speed Freaks force? Say 1500 pts. Everyone either on a bike or riding in a Truck / Battlewagon? 

So....

I have Orks for Kill Team and Love 'em. Used to play GorkaMorka and loved that too. Now Speed Freaks is here and it's starting to feel inevitable that I'll start an Ork army.

The problem is, I have a Guard army and can't bare painting up another horde army!

How may Orks realistically are there in a Speed Freaks force? Say 1500 pts. Everyone either on a bike or riding in a Truck / Battlewagon? 

Back in 3rd Edd my Speed Freaks army had 10. 

I am expecting to run, around 60 of them in the army I am putting together. Which is quite a few less than the number of Renegades I have in my R&H army. 

Good shout. There is another design on the box with a grot hanging off the front. It was rumoured to contain 4 buggies so maybe a fourth design too? Or 6 buggies, two copies of each. Because it’s a game I’d expect an even number so each side has the same number of buggies.

I think it was rumored to be a 4 player game... so 3 buggies and the bikes? 

So....

Depending on how many vehicles you want in your list you might be able to get away with as few as 30 Boy, mounted in 3 trukks in the beginning. 

(I'm going to try that now...:facepalm: :biggrin.: )

Depending on how many vehicles you want in your list you might be able to get away with as few as 30 Boy, mounted in 3 trukks in the beginning. 

(I'm going to try that now...:facepalm: :biggrin.: )

If your just filling troops, then you could just have grots in the Trukks, which is what I am planning on one of mine! 

I want some Boyz in Trucks, already have 15 made up for Kill Team and want to include them.

If I can get away with 30 / 40 Infantry models total with the rest vehicles I'm game.

Those new buggies are just amazing, and it sounds like there are more coming.

Wonder if this is like a soft release for a "TEST" market to bring back Gorkamorka. Kind of like Shadow war was for Kill team.

Krash

I would bet money that if Gorkamorka comes back it's only going to be as a one off board game, not as a fully supported system like Kill Team or Necromunda. An all Ork game doesn't have as wide of an appeal as a game filled with boring humans.

Gorkamorka has Digganobs too. They are humans but not boring and look like great fun for conversions.

I hope you know that you just gave me an idea:

Digganobz made from Goliath Gangers, or Catachans.

Damn you, now I want to do this :laugh.:

I don't think GW remembers that digganobs exist! Have they been mentioned in any GW publication since Gorkamorka? Genuinely curious on that one. That would make one heck of a surprise addition to a codex, though.

They got mentioned in one of the Armageddon articles iirc

Doesn't even need to be GorkaMorka for me (although that's the best case scenario), as long as you can use Orks in it. Some kind of expansion for Kill Team would be great. Give rules for a couple of generic vehicles and let people convert them up themselves. The GSC truck would work fine for just about everyone.

Unfortunately that won't happen with the current GW policy of no model, no rules but I bet it would be a blast :(

Fortunately I have the full set of GorkaMorka rules so just need some people who want to splash some cash on some Orks!

gallery_97889_14856_41463.jpg

Excuse the extremely rough paint additions but it should get the idea across. Kult of Speed boyz I give you the 'Orkham Knight' an Orky know what who loves indulging in nocturnal acts of vigilantism!

Sorry if the pic seems silly, I've just been brainstorming 'themes' with a friend for a small outrider detachment based on all these really cool new Ork vehicles coming.

For good or bad I'm excited to see what the new Speed Freeks are all about

Archived