speed freaks! - new buggies spotted!

Triszin

I don't think GW remembers that digganobs exist! Have they been mentioned in any GW publication since Gorkamorka? Genuinely curious on that one. That would make one heck of a surprise addition to a codex, though.

Though not called Diggers... there was some refence to humans who have 'gone native' in the 'Beast Rises' series. 

But I suspect out of the other factions in Digga Nob, only the Rebel grots will make a reappearance,  as they have shown up in Black Libary books, and video games. 

I'm mad in love with the vehicle itself. That is a proppa war vehicle, speedy, deadly, and sharp. The Ork's in and on it are concerning. I find the AoS orks plain bad, like a caricature, lacking texture. I sure hope that this isn't indicative of where they are planning on taking the Ork range.

so someone said there is the following to still be shown off

1. MegaTrakk Scrapjet

2. Squig buggies

giphy.gif

In any case, the new buggy looks EPIC. Speed Freaks may be a viable army now, since there's at least 3 buggies, which means Rule of 3 isn't much of an issue now.

Also, I love the Mad Max grot on the front of the buggy :laugh.:

I'm mad in love with the vehicle itself. That is a proppa war vehicle, speedy, deadly, and sharp. The Ork's in and on it are concerning. I find the AoS orks plain bad, like a caricature, lacking texture. I sure hope that this isn't indicative of where they are planning on taking the Ork range.

What do you mean? The AoS Orruks aren't that bad, and I don't see any real major similarities to the Orruks with the new buggy aside from the new skintone.

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen the Warhammer Community Article: Here you go

The excitement levels are ramped Upto waaagh.

I'm kitbashing Boyz, savage Orks and anything I can get my hands on for deathskulls.

Have I mentioned I'm a tad excited?!?!

The character in the buggy and crew is genuinely amazing.

Rule of 3 was never a big deal for speed freeks to begin with since there were also trukkboyz, bikes, and deffkoptas...being awful on the table was a bigger issue.

But the buggy is great! Name is silly though. The shokkjumo dragsta was descriptive, what with being a dragsta that jumps with shokk technology. "Boomdakka snazzwagon"? Orks normally just name things something descriptive of what it does. I guess it's a snazzy wagon? With...um...dakka that goes boom? I'd be more on board with that if it had some kind of giant kannon instead of what is clearly a pile of machine guns. Maybe it'll have options.

There is also the likelihood that no non-Ork player is going to remember the ridiculous names. I'm actually looking forward to the release and I'm still struggling to remember the names. :p

Doesn't take weird names for that. My group struggles to remember which are Stealth Suits and which the Ghostkeel is and I struggle to remember what ANY weapon of the Skitarii player does ... they all sound like they could delete my unit with a good roll lol

There is also the likelihood that no non-Ork player is going to remember the ridiculous names. I'm actually looking forward to the release and I'm still struggling to remember the names. :tongue.:

Well, THEY BETTA LEARN!!!!!!!! :biggrin.: 

Heck, one of the bitz I do enjoy when I warch* a battle report on line is a non Ork player trying to keep up whit what's what by name with an Ork player. 

*Normal people watch these ...I WARch them..... apparently... Too silly to correct and I wonder if it was a subconscious slip or my brain damage acting up.  Playing Orks for 20 years will do that I guess.

I really like this new vehicle. we were talking about ground clearance and it's nice to see a large variety in the vehicles. Which leaves me to wonder about a possible codex entry. are all of these going to turn up as single model units or vehicle squadrons? Or a Mixed unit... (Ancient Orks knowledge passed down from days long past, on a blog by Mr. Andy C, has long proven the folly of mixing weapons types in most Ork units.)

I got thinking about the Ork flyers, all single model units in the Index.

I'm speculating a twin big shoota a Biker gun, what ever we call that and something new? Maybe a "blast weapon"- the single next to the "Gatling" big shoota.  Maybe? 

This whole thing is just getting better and better!

But the buggy is great! Name is silly though. The shokkjumo dragsta was descriptive, what with being a dragsta that jumps with shokk technology. "Boomdakka snazzwagon"? Orks normally just name things something descriptive of what it does. I guess it's a snazzy wagon? With...um...dakka that goes boom? I'd be more on board with that if it had some kind of giant kannon instead of what is clearly a pile of machine guns. Maybe it'll have options.

Boomdakka Snazzwagon = Explosives, Guns

Remember: Dakka = Shooting, and the Flash Gitz weapons are called Snazzguns. The boom is clearly related to the grenades

A Speed Freaks list with multiple buggies, trukks and bikes supported by Dakkajets would be a thing of beauty!

Can’t wait to see the dragster in various F1 parody liveries. Force IndiOrk? Ferrwaaaghi?

Do....do you think that buggy ignores the first wound it suffers in exchange for the grot dying? Please?

Also, am I the only one who's watched Fury Road like six times since these photos came out looking for ideas? I think I want to make a Battlewagon based on Immortan Joe's monster truck, with a looted vehicle on top of another looted vehicle serving as a cab :p

Do....do you think that buggy ignores the first wound it suffers in exchange for the grot dying? Please?

Also, am I the only one who's watched Fury Road like six times since these photos came out looking for ideas? I think I want to make a Battlewagon based on Immortan Joe's monster truck, with a looted vehicle on top of another looted vehicle serving as a cab :tongue.:

I mean, since we're getting a grot shield stratagem that wouldn't surprise me too much.. Maybe the grot works like a singular shield drone where you can choose to take the damage on him instead on the roll of a 2+ (obviously only once though)

I had earlier worried that the warboss was an obese, Baron Harkonnen looking blob just from what I could see from the blurred photo. Those fears were washed away. That is a proper, sick Ork up there.

I imagine I'm going to try and make it a biker boss, having him steer, but even if I build it stock, it is an awesome model.

Archived