Death Guard and Questoris

Prot

Is anyone running any Traitoris Questoris???

I have been running my Thousand Sons with it, but haven't tried it with the Death Guard. It feels much easier for TS as they struggle with using special weapons, and don't have -near- the special vehicles. Plus the DG can do a good job of messing up vehicles (or equivalent) to a large degree in close combat.

So far I'm running 4 Armigers: 2 Warglaives, and 2 Helverins. They fill a great shooting and CC gap, but again I don't know if they're necessary or... even helpful for DG. Any thoughts?

I think running all Warglaives in a fast DG army centered around plague spitters could work.

Instead of providing a single big target maybe run something like:

3 DP 540

3 PBC 420

4 Warglaives 656

Thats 10 models with either T7 or T8 with good movement.

Then you have 384 points to spend on troop choices and other things.

I plan to use my drone list ( 3 Bloat drone, 6 plague drone, one rhino with a biologus) with 2 helverin armiger.

They provide the first turn kill for old school, can hold back or mid field and supplement anti-armor.

They are the nice allrounder shooting unit I needed in my list, fot a decent price.

Really, what unit is the helverin competing with? Helbrute? Forgeworld has some nice option, but it cost a leg.

Predator, much more expansive since I really want 3 if I take 1, and suffer from move penalty.

There just is not much competition with helverin has a shooting platform.A

I think in everyday play the Warglaives get a bit of a bad rap. I think this is a holdover from Forgebane when they weren’t as good and a lot more expensive.

Last night I rip halfway across the field (36”) and get 3 melta spear shots, 2 go through (-4ap) I take out a shooty Dread Turn 1. Then I Assault 5 Scouts with the same unit (14” move) , Kill 4 with sweep attack and that’s something I never did with my Standard DG

I’m not saying their amazing but for the points, I think they’re pretty darn fun, flexible, and fast.

Helverins are the obvious go to, with some RNG dependencies but wicked range. However, I really like the Meltaspear combined with some CC punch

They feel worlds better than fart karts imo. And they fill a gap that PBCs don’t.

I think in everyday play the Warglaives get a bit of a bad rap. I think this is a holdover from Forgebane when they weren’t as good and a lot more expensive.

Last night I rip halfway across the field (36”) and get 3 melta spear shots, 2 go through (-4ap) I take out a shooty Dread Turn 1. Then I Assault 5 Scouts with the same unit (14” move) , Kill 4 with sweep attack and that’s something I never did with my Standard DG

I’m not saying their amazing but for the points, I think they’re pretty darn fun, flexible, and fast.

Helverins are the obvious go to, with some RNG dependencies but wicked range. However, I really like the Meltaspear combined with some CC punch

They feel worlds better than fart karts imo. And they fill a gap that PBCs don’t.

They walk on two legs and have a nice AT gun, so they fit right at home in DG :D

I just picked up a Warglaive Armiger, maybe I will go for a 2/1 split for an auxillary detachment with 2 Helvarines and 1 Warglaive w/melta gun.

For as far as Imperial Knights go, is the Knight Dominus any good? The weapon loadout on the thing seems very inferior to the regular knights. Aside from using your Trials of Destruction strategem to re-roll all to hit rolls meaning you can supercharge the plasma cannon and really try and do damage with your Volcano Lance. Has anyone have experience with the Dominus?

Archived