stolen

Medjugorje

What is the objective of this thread?

Salt mining?

Non flippant update:

For one it’s a game system, there’s only so many variable and rules you can “break” to make it interestingand templars and wolves have been relatively in the same space forever. Secondly codex space marines suffers from being early in the edition, no one is going to argue they need tweaks. Third, if you’re here to garner sympathy from a group of players who are only just now gaining access to the same quality of life updates you’ve had for over a year, you’re in the wrong place brother.

After reading some posts in the Black Templars forum (they were off topic, so I removed them), I think it's safe to say that Medjugorje is envious of the rules that the Space Wolves are getting. He appears to be of the opinion that at least some of the Space Wolves rules coincide with what he thought would be appropriate to the Black Templars.

So he's going to use the Space Wolves rules for his Black Templars army. And apparently there are other Black Templars players that will be following suit.

It's a compliment, though communicated in a very confusing manner.

Ah.

Thank you to the Black Templar board of players, however, for what it's worth, I do wish that their rules inspired them to use their own Codex.

I fully understand now that such a thing can be hard; the BT's and GK's are in a pretty rough spot due to their respective Codex entries both being not quite where they'd like, as well as not truly being as fluffy as it appears to Wolves will be.

I hope GW recognizes and understands the players' perspectives of both factions.

Counts-as Wolves because the Wolves rules are better than the BT ones is not the fault of the players, merely, a response to said situation.

After reading some posts in the Black Templars forum (they were off topic, so I removed them), I think it's safe to say that Medjugorje is envious of the rules that the Space Wolves are getting. He appears to be of the opinion that at least some of the Space Wolves rules coincide with what he thought would be appropriate to the Black Templars.So he's going to use the Space Wolves rules for his Black Templars army. And apparently there are other Black Templars players that will be following suit.It's a compliment, though communicated in a very confusing manner.

This has something I have teased the BT's about for awhile. Their unique rules and SWs unique rules are actually pretty similiar. Not exact but far closer than the SM codex. I wish all chapters had their own codex to the extent of the SWs but that is to be seen or even possible.

After reading some posts in the Black Templars forum (they were off topic, so I removed them), I think it's safe to say that Medjugorje is envious of the rules that the Space Wolves are getting. He appears to be of the opinion that at least some of the Space Wolves rules coincide with what he thought would be appropriate to the Black Templars.So he's going to use the Space Wolves rules for his Black Templars army. And apparently there are other Black Templars players that will be following suit.It's a compliment, though communicated in a very confusing manner.

This has something I have teased the BT's about for awhile. Their unique rules and SWs unique rules are actually pretty similiar. Not exact but far closer than the SM codex. I wish all chapters had their own codex to the extent of the SWs but that is to be seen or even possible.

It's something I've actually talked about with a few people.

That spacewolves codex, could have a subsection for other, specific, non codex compliant  chapters. black templars, carcharodons, and others. a fun idea

Well, I'm happy with the news from SW codex, it seems pretty cool.

I hope it has good sales, and then maybe GW recycles some rules for BT with minor changes.

For example, keep the rules and remove the "wolf/wulfen themed units", Black Templars don't need new units, we can receive mixed units as new units and we will be really happy, and BT community will buy the primaris boxes for doing their mixed units like DeathWatch, so no need of specific stock.

I think many BT players will give a try with the SW codex. Many people say we should play Raven Guard, Black UM... Why not playing SW? Both Chapters are not codex compilant in similar ways: divergent structure, divergent neophyte program (bloodclaws and neophyte+initiate)...

I hope it has good sales, and then maybe GW recycles some rules for BT with minor changes.

For example, keep the rules and remove the "wolf/wulfen themed units", Black Templars don't need new units, we can receive mixed units as new units and we will be really happy, and BT community will buy the primaris boxes for doing their mixed units like DeathWatch, so no need of specific stock.

I think many BT players will give a try with the SW codex. Many people say we should play Raven Guard, Black UM... Why not playing SW? Both Chapters are not codex compilant in similar ways: divergent structure, divergent neophyte program (bloodclaws and neophyte+initiate)...

Sounds like a good idea.

- Company champion = Emperor's Champion

- WG = Crusaders

- Wulfen = Crazy new zealot unit of marines in a redemption crusade so they fight harder and don't care if they die since that's the point

Sounds like a good idea.

- WG = Crusaders

- Wulfen = Crazy new zealot unit of marines in a redemption crusade so they fight harder and don't care if they die since that's the point

Well, many changes are really easy.

We dont need "fenris wolves", but new fluff (Index Imperium 1) talks about hordes of zealots, and that unit already exists in the Inquisition/Ministorum the zealots/fanatical/crusaders, I dont remember the name!!!

I will play on Tuesday morning, it is a shame I couldnt buy the SW codex before!!!!

Sounds like a good idea.

- WG = Crusaders

We dont need "fenris wolves", but new fluff (Index Imperium 1) talks about hordes of zealots, and that unit already exists in the Inquisition/Ministorum the zealots/fanatical/crusaders, I dont remember the name!!!

I will play on Tuesday morning, it is a shame I couldnt buy the SW codex before!!!!

Ooh i missed that bit, what a cool way to differentiate BT. Really sweet if they added a cultist type cheap unit for an astartes faction!

Sounds like a good idea.

- WG = Crusaders

what also makes a little cool side line thing.

Fenrisian wolves could count as the fanatics

but what could thunder wolves count as?

Sounds like a good idea.

- WG = Crusaders

Well at a certain point if your stretching it that far why even play BT? I totally get why theyd use our rules as a stop gap but at the point where youre wracking your brain to fit in twolves or the like whats the point?

If it howls like a wolf....

Sounds like a good idea.

- WG = Crusaders

Well at a certain point if your stretching it that far why even play BT? I totally get why theyd use our rules as a stop gap but at the point where youre wracking your brain to fit in twolves or the like whats the point?

If it howls like a wolf....

if it howls like a wolf...

Then its a Black Templar sword brethern training bot.

<snip>

Cool idea, but you'd have to change the unit profile since raving zealots don't fight with Teeth and Claws...

...wait....nevermind.

BT heavy cav

They're knights right? I hear that horses have been known to carry knights into battle once or twice

Eh, Im not convinced. If there was fluff for that sure, but as it is that would be a tough sell getting horses to look size appropriate. IMO our current Twolves dont really do it for me size wise so good luck getting that many legacy Dhorgar models :P

BT heavy cav

They're knights right? I hear that horses have been known to carry knights into battle once or twice

Eh, Im not convinced. If there was fluff for that sure, but as it is that would be a tough sell getting horses to look size appropriate. IMO our current Twolves dont really do it for me size wise so good luck getting that many legacy Dhorgar models :tongue.:

Just put them on Juggernaughts! 

BT heavy cav

Eh, Im not convinced. If there was fluff for that sure, but as it is that would be a tough sell getting horses to look size appropriate. IMO our current Twolves dont really do it for me size wise so good luck getting that many legacy Dhorgar models :tongue.:

Just put them on Juggernaughts! 

Inquisitor: "Ummmm what is that?"

Templar: "My noble steed, don't worry about it......ONWARD!"

I think cultists for Fenrisian wolves is genius and think about modelling. Since they'd have to be in the same bases for it to be acceptable, you can put two or three cultists in each base making each unit a mini diorama.

On thunderwolves I just wouldn't go there or if you really must, scimitar jetbikes or Ogryns would look cool.

BT heavy cav

Well, they arent trying to convince you. 

It's their army their models. 

If their happy, thats all that matters.

and yes, the Thunderwolves are way too tiny. Juggernauts make more sense to me. 

“They” can do anything they want, I’m not going to argue the straw man you’ve created. My point was the idea of an astartes in a horse fluffwise. Sure they’re knights but I promise most Templar players don’t want the overly literal approach that our model range is critised for constantly.

BT heavy cav

Eh, Im not convinced. If there was fluff for that sure, but as it is that would be a tough sell getting horses to look size appropriate. IMO our current Twolves dont really do it for me size wise so good luck getting that many legacy Dhorgar models :P

You guys focus on riding g too much. BT mutant/witch Hunter that use hounds as a way to find their targets. It's still knight using war hounds and has a slight lore aspect of killing mutants and wi5ches.

Archived