Storm falcons primaris marines

Mortarion

I don't paint much 40k models any more, and when I do they are usually xenos. But the primaris marines seemed quite fun to paint, so I got some of those and decided to paint them up in Storm Falcons colours. As some of you might remember, the Storm Falcons is a DIY chapter of mine which I started painting a little over 15 years ago but which I have not really painted much for in the past 10 years. But I thought it would be fun to revisit them with the primaris marines. The Storm falcons are loosly based on ancient Egypt, but more marines with inspiration from ancient Egypt, rather then ancient Egyptians in power armour. I posted my previous models here a few years ago, but all the pictures in that thread died in the Great Bucketfail of 2017.

Anyways, here are some Intercessors.
2vbUS4V.jpg

RESWpPW.jpg

sLHxkR2.jpg

Fx7nVfY.jpg

And some aggressors. 

9SRpMcJ.jpg

2j6th41.jpg

3j319tl.jpg

fdxiyhF.jpg

I might paint some more in the future, but there will propably not be regular updates.

[iMAGE OF AGGRESSOR SERGEANT]

The model looks great! What's that thing on his base? An Ork Warboss' augmetic lower jaw, which this Primaris Marine tore off in brutal hand-to-hand combat?

Thank you. Yes, It's pretty much what you said. 

Great work there brother:yes: I especially like the Primaris Marine with the combat knife fitted onto his bolt rifle.... this configuration looks so much better on the Primaris bolt rifle than on the OG bolter. Thanks for sharing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lieutenant done! I guess a power armoured one with jump pack would be better in game terms, but I wanted to build a primaris one.

I really tried to balance making him more elaborate than a segeant, but less so than a captain. 

TEIpQZv.jpg

z2nYF3A.jpg

Edited by Mortarion

Excellent work on the SGT, but why is he wearing a metal mask? To honor an Imperial Saint, i.e., he's wearing a death mask? To hide his disfigured face from view, the way the late Erasmus Tycho did? For some other reason?

Thank you. The Storm Falcons sometimes wear the death masks of the chapter's fallen heroes to battle, both to honour them and to gain their knowledge and skill in battle. For primaris marines, this has a deeper meaning, though. It symbolises both the trust that the chapter has placed in their new primaris brethren - that they are allowed to take part of the skills of the chapter's ancient heroes - and a mark of respect from the primaris marine - that they forsake their individual self to become an embodiment of the chapter's history on the battlefield.

The Flesh tearers are on a bit of a pause right now but I will probably do some more stuff for them in the future. I have definately not abandoned them.

That's great to hear. Such a fantastic army deserves to still be worked on every so often, in my mind. :)

I think it would be good if you would take an army picture of your Flesh Tearers if/when you have the time to show people what we're on about. I don't think many remember how good they are!

The Flesh tearers are on a bit of a pause right now but I will probably do some more stuff for them in the future. I have definately not abandoned them.

That's great to hear. Such a fantastic army deserves to still be worked on every so often, in my mind. :smile.:

I think it would be good if you would take an army picture of your Flesh Tearers if/when you have the time to show people what we're on about. I don't think many remember how good they are!

Thank you. I will see what I can do, but since my Flesh tearers are currently around 6500 points the individual models would look very small on an army picture... ;)

But I'll at least try to fix the old pictures when I have some time.

Some Eliminators done. Really cool models.

DZgvJLU.jpg

S9a67Dq.jpg
RUeC1Tv.jpg

h0uu8Jr.jpg

I painted the camo cloaks with the same idea as my Storm Falcons scouts (and my Flesh Tearers scouts), that the camo cloak adapts to the ground and changes texture. But on my previous cloaks I painted them in the process of changing. This time I wanted them to be almost completely adapted. And I think the effect looks quite cool.

XishCxt.jpg

And finally a quick size comparisson with a sniper scout. The Eliminators are huge.