Storm falcons primaris marines

Mortarion

These are lovely. Do you plan to paint up any vehicles? All that space for hieroglyphs.

Thank you!

I do have some vehicles in the old part of the army. I have no current plans to paint any more, but since the old ones were painted so long ago I am a bit curious to see what I could do with a vehicle in that colour scheme now. 

I've had some time to paint during Easter so I finished three Infiltrators!

mtv3266.jpg

Since I am starting to run out of squad numbers in my "normal" company I decided to start on a new one. I know that with the revised Codex Astartes each company could potentially have up to 20 squads, but starting a new company would mean open up for new HQ:s as well. It feels a litte bit unusual with the blue instead of the red, but I think I'll get used to it.

spHIj1D.jpg

V9sJdiW.jpg

9GWYr2W.jpg

These are lovely. Do you plan to paint up any vehicles? All that space for hieroglyphs.

Thank you!

I do have some vehicles in the old part of the army. I have no current plans to paint any more, but since the old ones were painted so long ago I am a bit curious to see what I could do with a vehicle in that colour scheme now.

A repulsor would look good in this scheme.

Thank you!

A repulsor would look good in this scheme.

I have been thinking about getting a Repulsor. We'll see what the future holds...

• 2 weeks later...

More infiltrators done. 

WjKkLUF.jpg

A normal one.

G6sPRCY.jpg

A Helix adept. I painted the helmet and shoulder trim white in order to make him stand out a little bit more.

Sa8NQmj.jpg

And the Sergeant. I wanted to add something to his backpack, but the antennas prevented a banner or icon. So I went with a tactical camera. It made sense and also made him stand out a little bit more.

4W0ViYK.jpg

And the squad so far.

• 1 month later...

Some Inceptors done.

7rpxpCG.jpg

I removed the "gun shields" since I really don't like how they look. Since these are the starter set models, it took some work getting rid of them, but I think it was worth it.

xLSfqgZ.jpg

hzyiIMX.jpg

Two normal Inceptors.

c2cFw1n.jpg

And the sergeant. The original model is almost identical to the normal Inceptors except for the pose, but I wanted it to stand out a bit more so that you could easily see which model is the sergeant. So I added the two stylised wings on top of him. 

Edited by Mortarion

• 3 weeks later...

Finished a Librarian in Phobos armour. Cool model.
8n5a0wR.jpg

I thought a bit about what to do with his sword. The original is really good looking, but at the same time a more khopesh-style sword would be a good way to make him look more egyptian. In the end I settled for some kind of middle ground. I kept most of the original sword, but converted it slightly.

7kGBt89.jpg

I also found a Sergeant Telion model which I bought around the time it was originally released but which I never got around to painting. So I fixed that!
kATdYH4.jpg

Edited by Mortarion

Finished a Librarian in Phobos armour. Cool model.

8n5a0wR.jpg

I thought a bit about what to do with his sword. The original is really good looking, but at the same time a more khopesh-style sword would be a good way to make him look more egyptian. In the end I settled for some kind of middle ground. I kept most of the original sword, but converted it slightly.

7kGBt89.jpg

Pretty good. I think your alteration of the sword works great.

Edited by ranulf the revenant

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

An ancient.

vhWZYON.jpg
Z6nK9hB.jpg

Freehand for this army is always interesting as I try to paint in the style of ancient egyptian paintings rather than painting as good as possible. I do cheat a little bit and do a slight 3d effect, but not too much. For the genestealer I tried to do the classic "Walk like an egyptian"-pose, without it looking comical. I think I succeeded, although it is a fine balance.

• 3 months later...