Storm falcons primaris marines

Mortarion

• 2 months later...

Fine works, Mortarion.

9xqYGx9.jpg

Is the decoration he's wearing atop his backpack a stylized horse's head? Is it a rank identifier, e.g., letting others know he's an LT? Or an honor marking, maybe declaring he was first to breach enemy defenses at a certain siege?

Fine works, Mortarion.

[iMAGE]

Is the decoration he's wearing atop his backpack a stylized horse's head? Is it a rank identifier, e.g., letting others know he's an LT? Or an honor marking, maybe declaring he was first to breach enemy defenses at a certain siege?

Thank you. It is a stylized lion's head, but the mane looks a bit weird.

Every squad in the army has a hieroglyph displayed on their left kneepad. The hieroglyph symbolizes the squad in some way, either relating to their role in the army or their past deeds. This squad has a stylized lion's head, which stands for strength or power. And their sergeant has earned the right to carry a golden version of this symbol atop his backpack.

Every squad in the army has a hieroglyph displayed on their left kneepad. The hieroglyph symbolizes the squad in some way, either relating to their role in the army or their past deeds. This squad has a stylized lion's head, which stands for strength or power. And their sergeant has earned the right to carry a golden version of this symbol atop his backpack.

I appreciate the effort you put in to give your IA Chapter distinct rites and rituals, to distinguish it. Lack of effort- SHEER LAZINESS- infected too many supposed "creators" during the past decade.

• 9 months later...

Wow I love the force you have put together!

Your Storm Falcons are beautifully painted, and all the tiny details really make the solid color scheme shine. I really like the tiny hieroglyphs, the multicolored chest eagles, and the hieroglyph plaques that each of your Sergeants is sporting on their backpacks. 

You have any lore for your chapter or did I miss it because I was too enamored with the pictures?

Thanks everybody! :)

Your Storm Falcons are beautifully painted, and all the tiny details really make the solid color scheme shine. I really like the tiny hieroglyphs, the multicolored chest eagles, and the hieroglyph plaques that each of your Sergeants is sporting on their backpacks. 

You have any lore for your chapter or did I miss it because I was too enamored with the pictures?

I have not posted any lore on B&C as far as I can remember.
They are an Ultramarine successor chapter and follow the Codex Astartes strictly. They believe that any deviation from the codex is the first step to heresy. They do however not use the Codex company colours, as they consider them to be examples. And they will not take lightly on anyone suggesting that their colour scheme is not codex compliant.

Their home planet is a harsh desert world where they are worshipped as gods by the natives. And they share this belief, considering themselves and all other space marines to be gods. (However, they still worship the Emperor as a "god to the gods", supreme lord over all creation.) This can sometimes lead to trouble when cooperating with non-marine armies as they expect all "mortals" to show proper respect towards them and not try to interfere in the way of the gods in any way, even if that "mortal" is a high ranking Astra Militarum officer in charge of a crusade or the Canoness of a Adeptus Sororitas order.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really great heavy intercessors! I had fun putting together mine too, really love how yours came out!

Thanks everybody! :smile.:

I have not posted any lore on B&C as far as I can remember.
They are an Ultramarine successor chapter and follow the Codex Astartes strictly. They believe that any deviation from the codex is the first step to heresy. They do however not use the Codex company colours, as they consider them to be examples. And they will not take lightly on anyone suggesting that their colour scheme is not codex compliant.

Their home planet is a harsh desert world where they are worshipped as gods by the natives. And they share this belief, considering themselves and all other space marines to be gods. (However, they still worship the Emperor as a "god to the gods", supreme lord over all creation.) This can sometimes lead to trouble when cooperating with non-marine armies as they expect all "mortals" to show proper respect towards them and not try to interfere in the way of the gods in any way, even if that "mortal" is a high ranking Astra Militarum officer in charge of a crusade or the Canoness of a Adeptus Sororitas order.

Good stuff! I figured they at least came from a desert world :rolleyes: , and the "believing they are gods to be worshipped" angle is interesting too!