T'au, Auxillaries: Looking into the future: Wishtheory

Triszin

so in making this thread, I intend for it to be, what do you think could be added to the tau that is lore friendly, and mesh well with the T'au playstyle.

while also keeping things in balance, and retaining the indentity of the T'au, and not stealing the identity of other factions.

and ways GW could add to our faction in the future.

so with that in mind.

my current thoughts on how to add to our faction.

KILLTEAM!

-why killteam? killteam uses the same states, upgrades, and options as 40k, we could even roll (killteam! rulebook with point costs for proper 40k)

- at the saem time, we can actually upgrade their 40k counterpart rules through killteam, to make them more balanced and fun to play.

Kroot:

1. we can retire the old kroot plastic box, and the finecast models (every kroot model)

2. We can then see a Kroot Killteam (ala necromunda) style box.

3. In the new plastic box we have

- 6 kroot carnivores

- 2 krootox riders and gunners

- 2 kroot hounds

- with the plastic options to upgrade a kroot to a shaper

Vespid:

1. retire the vespid finecasts, make a plastic box

- 8 vespid

- 2 vespid brood mothers/brood gaurds

2. updated rules, synergies with specific septs and so on

Auxillaries:

1. we can see another box set (ala necromunda style) that has 4-5 different races of the tau.

- however, I think there should be no guevessa, as they can be represented by imperial guard models, or simple kitbashes.

2. they have their rules and can be transplanted to 40k proper

how could these groups function inproper 40k?

well, what if T'au Auxillaries got a specific elite spot.

called...

Killteam, or Helpers.

lets you mix and match a small, but elite squad of auxiliaries, that would fill a different role depending on the species make up.

-----------

T'au Sniper drones

- updated, plastic.

- options for rail rifles

T'au xv25

- I know the kit is ok, but I think with GW current tooling they could be redone in amazing fashion

- scale the xv25's up slightly add more detail and flexibility in model posing.

- add 1-2 more weapon options

- burst cannon

- fusion blaster

- AFP

- some new type of weapon,

---maybe a "artillery" style weapon option, think of it as a mini Tau'unar with cannons on the xv25's back

---perhaps a utility weapon to benift other tau

- flamers are a nono, same with melee.

I really don't see a need to retire the Kroot Carnivore models. They still look great imo. New hounds and stuff would be awesome tho!

Vespid plastics would be really nice too of course. Especially now that they finally have rules that make us wanting to use them every once in a while. ^^

Likewise I don't see a need to re-do the X25. It's one of my favorite models and the size is just right considering it's more like armour with a low profile rather than actual mechs like the Crisis Suits. More weapon options would be neat tho.

Funny that you mention an artillery weapon and the AFP separately since that's exactly what the AFP is. ;)

Also why is flamer a nono? It would perfectly fit their role.

I always thought that if, the xv25 got flamers they might become too effective point wise, but maybe I am incorrect.

on the AFP and way I stated a potential another weapon to fill it, is the AFP isn't that great. it's missing something to make it worthwhile, even if it is a added utility feature.

edit:

actually im going to do some tests and see how the AFP as it is functions in a 3 pack of xv25's. maybe the xv25's durability, added with indirect fire makes them a harassment unit thats decent

Yeah it's not a good weapon but that can be fixed. No point in introducing a new weapon that does what the AFP is supposed to do so the AFP becomes even more useless. ^^

Don't bother testing. One of the best things Stealth Suits can do is standing in the open and taunting opponents to shoot at them. Hiding them is counter-intuitiv to their role on the board as well as in-universe. And if you don't hide behind stuff the Burst Cannon does pretty much the exact same thing but better.

Archived