Titanicus 3rd Party Terrain Resource Thread

Khornestar

I know I'm not the only one looking at other companies for terrain and such for Titanicus, so I thought I'd make a thread for us all to chip in stuff we find out there.

"ScaleStuff" on Shapeways has some good little terrain:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/scalestuff

"AdAstra" on Shapeways has recreations of real-life skyscrapers and such. Prices seem decent?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ad-astra

"Ngineer" on Shapeways: model train scale stuff, including lots of industrial parts like stairs and such. Not cheap, but lots of options:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ngineer

Vanguard Miniatures: All sorts of awesome 6 mm stuff, including terrain that is IMO on par with GW's. Only problem is that they're sold out of many of the best kits.

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Whaddya got?

[Excessus]: Edited the title to be more in-line with the content of the post.

Vanguard's stuff is being restocked soon. There's a thread on them in the rumour section of this forum.

That’s how I know about your stuff! :) Glad to know the restock is coming soon.

...Anyway, that's getting a bit off-topic. so to come back to Juggernut's original (excellent!) idea, here are my contributions:

Timecast has some excellent general 6mm terrain. Trees are universal, after all; and many of the buildings would fit in nicely in more rural/countryside settings.

Blotz do some lovely buildings, too. If you're going for destructible terrain, their designs have both intact and ruined versions.

Gamecraft do some fantastic buildings, specifically for Epic. 

For scenery, I can recommend 4Ground. They do 10mm scale terrain kits (originally for Dropzone Commander), which are beautifully detailed and fully painted. They aren't for everyone (you have to stick each window in individually), but they are lovely, so buying one or two for centrepieces should work and they aren't too much out of scale. They make for a pleasant few evenings putting kits together in front of the TV.

I can really recommend the Desert Dwellings from Brigade Models- nicely solid, quite large and would work very well if you want a change from the usual Gothic aesthetic. Here's a photo of a few I'm in the process of modifying into a Martian hilltop settlement...

wip_6mm_martian_settlement_1_by_edthomas

Gorgeous! And Mechanicum styled terrain is very much needed for Titanicus for battles on Mars as well as other Forgeworlds.

Just to note folks, based on the "actual size" image of the Warlord on its box, AT isn't "8mm scale". The actual proper scale indicated is ~1:270, in which a "scale human" would be about 6.5mm, so it looks more like the "space marines would be 8mm" interpretation of the scale comments that were made a while ago is the more accurate.

Having ordered a couple of the "Grim Container 8mm" pieces off Shapeways they do appear a bit oversized when compared with AT Knights relative to the 40K Armoured Containers. I imagine there's quite a bit of latitude with non-specific bits of terrain, but when it's stuff that has a direct 40K counterpart like that(or vehicles/infantry) that folk will be familiar with, people who're "scale sensitive" should probably be a bit selective.

Just to note folks, based on the "actual size" image of the Warlord on its box, AT isn't "8mm scale". The actual proper scale indicated is ~1:270, in which a "scale human" would be about 6.5mm, so it looks more like the "space marines would be 8mm" interpretation of the scale comments that were made a while ago is the more accurate.

Having ordered a couple of the "Grim Container 8mm" pieces off Shapeways they do appear a bit oversized when compared with AT Knights relative to the 40K Armoured Containers. I imagine there's quite a bit of latitude with non-specific bits of terrain, but when it's stuff that has a direct 40K counterpart like that(or vehicles/infantry) that folk will be familiar with, people who're "scale sensitive" should probably be a bit selective.

Pictures?

Well, to be fair, it would not be that unfeasible to have different sized containers, maybe there is a full catalog of containers in the STC blueprints :D.

May I ask, does any of you frater know of any company/shop that produces gothic-looking buildings at an appropriate scale? It is just an idea, but I wonder if putting cathedrals on top of a knight castellan would make it look the part as an Imperator, even if the size difference with the warlord is not exactly as depicted in the latest images.

Archived