Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Death Guard first list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Shogath

Shogath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [92 PL, 1527pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 1. Revoltingly Resilient, 4. Blades of Putrefaction, Hellforged sword, Warlord, Wings

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 3. Plague Wind

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 6. Curse of the Leper

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [9 PL, 84pts]: 20x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Plague Marines [13 PL, 136pts]: 7x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plague knife

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Noxious Blightbringer [4 PL, 65pts]: Plasma pistol

Plague Surgeon [4 PL, 65pts]: Balesword

Tallyman [4 PL, 62pts]: Plasma pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Chaos - Death Guard) [24 PL, 470pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Mortarion [24 PL, 470pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 2. Gift of Contagion, 5. Putrescent Vitality

++ Total: [116 PL, 1997pts] ++

My first ever list (new to 40k) looking for critique, don't want  it to be the most competitive just looking for tips.
Many Thanks 

• Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,345 posts

I think it's a good middle of the road list. You're getting your feet wet with a bit of everything.

I wouldn't make any big changes since this is new for you, but something small might be something to help your troops out like the Plaguemarines. A few special weapons would be good... a Blight launcher, or two.

Psychic powers you will feel out for yourself and find what you like as you grow into the army. The Daemon Prince is always a fun unit, very capable, and mobile.

Plague crawlers and Bloat Drones can be a lot of fun, while doing some serious heavy lifting.

In competitive play I don't rate Mortarion very high. He's very easy to kill in today's meta of extreme damage weaponry, but that being said if you are playing someone new, they may have tremendous problems with him.

I think you'll have some fun with the list. It's got a bit of everything and keeps you busy in every phase of the game. Have fun with it and let us know how it goes. :tu:

• Shogath likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Although there is not anything wrong with the list, here the usualy accepted idea of how to build deathguard:
DP- we usually take double talon, more attacks are better than the other weapon (in general)
Typhus- is usually played with either 10 terminator or 60+ poxwalkers. Otherwise, take another DP.
Plague marine: subject of hot debate, usually take squad of 5 shooty (with or without blight launcher) or 7 melee in a rhino with a biologus.
Poxwalker: not the worst, not the best. If you take some, take a lot.
Blight bringner: good in some list, not in this case though. 60 poxwalker list, 20 man plague marine blob may see him be usefull.
Plague surgeon is plain bad for now. Ok for friendly game.
TallyMan is sometime used with melee PM or with lots of walkers. His CP regen ability is not worth his point alone.
Rhino is great with melee marine + biologus, blightspawn (a very good elite character), plaguecasters. Ideally all of the above
Finally mortarion is good, might want to ask any oponent if he is ok with large LoW in friendly games.

These are the usually accepted opinions of your deathguard units. They are not mandatory guideline to have fun or sucess with the army. They should be considered, not followed blindly.

Shogath

Shogath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Did a play test on table top simulator with a friend had fun but was a bit under welmed with the elites so was thinking of cutting them for a squad of deathshroud terminaters to help protect Mortarion. Was thinking of swapping the cultist for more poxwalkers and may cut the rhino not sure. Thanks for the suggestions

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 374 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
It's a good list and I don't think you need to make any major changes, but here are some of my suggestions.
With 3 HQ choices you could split your list into another detachment and gain an additional CP.
At 10 points each the Blight Launcher is a solid choice for your Marines.
You have plenty of psychers and running Typus, a DP, and Mortarion you might consider dropping the Plaguecaster for a Lord to hang out with your Marines for his reroll.
I don't see a Relic in your list, the go to 1 is the Plate for your DP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users