Back at the yellow

lionofjudah

Greetings frater!!

Ive been focused on my guard army, FoW and finding my way with a new airbrush and am excited to be back at painting the glorious yellows of the VIIth!

This will be a spot where I post my meanderings through finishing my Heresy Fists so that I can sell them and dedicate my energy to building and painting a (second for me) true scale army.

I built a Wolves true scale army when their 'dex dropped in 5th and my goodness that was an intense labour of love on my part... the sourcing for all those termi legs and the like left me wanting more of that awesome 8' transhuman physiology looking like hes actually 8' tall next to my guard dudes;)

Then the Heresy became reality and I was swept into 30k with a vengeance... I sold everything I had (except my sons orks) and dove head first into the fluff explosion. The train was a blast and with the passing of Mr Bligh seems to have taken many hits in the FW realm that I no longer know whether it we will ever get to the siege.

BUT, I shall be ready, the sons of Dorn will be ready to hold the line and let the traitors and heretics shatter themselves against out shield and impale themselves upon our sword.

Shown here is the last of 3 Javelin las speeders and the 2 members of my predator squadron. (Plas pred is rocking a shapeways upgrade kit and the autocannon dude is owning it in a Blood&Skulls ensemble)

gallery_32985_14149_552861.jpeg

yellows laid down...tried the airbrush over straight white...OMG...so much easier than spraying the black/grey/white :/

gallery_32985_14149_563868.jpeg

second layer of yellow, filled in the blacks and then lined everything in burnt umber- it was late when I finished up and not super happy with the line integrity in some places. Ill be starting metals and base the tracks and then varnish, then weather.

trying to multiquote but ye interwebz sayz no...

Thanks Hushrong... Id taken a break from Yellow for while and am glad to be back at it.

Thanks Bro Sgt Ark!!

Thanks Infomorph...... as with any legion color its a lot of that base coat and wow is it a lot of yellow to lay down;) I like to make each piece, infantry or armor, a unique item.

Thanks Bjorn, the armored sponsons are from Blood & Skulls industry on ebay. - https://www.ebay.com/str/bloodandskullsindustry - Toms stuff is great!!

gallery_32985_14149_352033.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_778203.jpeg

The box of dudes are varnished and ready for decals and weathering. The armor received a coat of gunmetal and are ready for track primer.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got some pics uploaded

gallery_32985_14149_889711.jpeg

Overview of current painting portion of the project... a few odds and ends- need a head on 1 dude, 2 guys need arms, 3 need weapons, the co champions sword broke off (Sighs heavily in regards to FWs flimsy resin swords and halbred tips :down: ...), 2 or 3 pads and that should have them straight.

gallery_32985_14149_471829.jpeg

ye olde javelin... picked it up second hand so all I did was paint it.. going to reglue that slightly limp las there;)

gallery_32985_14149_173553.jpeg

collection of shields... no scratches as Im afraid of getting lost in each surface adding scratches on top of the other damage

gallery_32985_14149_170015.jpeg

Ser Meikhal Varayan, bladesman to the 79th holdfast. Hes going to get some more work on the black as well as a new poweraxe paintjob

gallery_32985_14149_339329.jpeg

This guy, he's got his sword and hes saying "COME AT ME bro!"

gallery_32985_14149_236816.jpeg

Brother Boleon of the 3rd tactical response team. He became training cadre section leader 57 for the segment breach defense corps.

gallery_32985_14149_643163.jpeg

Ryolen Kneil, leading the 83rd's breacher's in a failed effort to stopper the traitors inflitration at the Western sub munition complex IX/8.

gallery_32985_14149_508859.jpeg

Support weapon brother Evelix washing promethium on the heretics at the first falling of Redemptions gate.

gallery_32985_14149_352033.jpeg

an olde pict capture of 2 close support vehicles of the seventh day of the Orelion gardens offensive as well as Templar exetus Mairkos.

Love the battle worn effects, have you thought of perhaps getting a land raider?

My first VIIth heresy army was all raider borne... spartan, mkiibs and an Achilles. This time I wanted rhino chassis’ and grav based vehicles for a first responder vibe.

I’m hoping to work on them all today and get a group image together:)

Looks good! While I'm not walking the path of building the Legion myself, I have committed to bringing their markings into the Primaris line so this is pretty inspiring!

Thanks Fulkes! Bring them to the glorious yellow!! It is the best color to paint

Few more termis and the contemptor

Decided as he other termis are all CC armed that these guys would complement them with the combimeltas and heavy flamer.

Idea is to deepstrike them with Sigismund and wreck face.

The contemptor, sweet brother

[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/244299-0e8b091a-f11a-4aaa-b282-c59f72de1737/]gallery_32985_14149_395222.jpeg[/url

Archived