Corvus Corax in new books?

Tiger9gamer

hey, I was browsing 1d4chan yesterday and I saw something that said corvus corax has returned in the fluff, albiet briefly, and fought against logar? there was no source of course, but I really want to know what's happening with that.

It's in Gav's short story 'Shadow of the Past' in the events only anthology Sons of the Emperor. Presumably some of those stories will appear in an anthology, probably a 'Primarchs' one rather than a Horus Heresy book as this piece is set after the heresy and others are set during the great crusade.

Spoilers but Corax

appears on Sicarus hunting for Lorgar, variously blasting Word Bearers apart with black lightning and shapeshifting into liquid shadow and a flock of ravens. The WB think he's a daemon at first. He says that being in the Eye essentially reveals the nature of the primarchs as warp-creations and promptly beats the hell out of Lorgar.

It's in Gav's short story 'Shadow of the Past' in the events only anthology Sons of the Emperor. Presumably some of those stories will appear in an anthology, probably a 'Primarchs' one rather than a Horus Heresy book as this piece is set after the heresy and others are set during the great crusade.

Spoilers but Corax

appears on Sicarus hunting for Lorgar, variously blasting Word Bearers apart with black lightning and shapeshifting into liquid shadow and a flock of ravens. The WB think he's a daemon at first. He says that being in the Eye essentially reveals the nature of the primarchs as warp-creations and promptly beats the hell out of Lorgar.

So, do you know if he is now a servant of chaos? or is he still loyal?

Spoilers but Corax

Still loyal from what I hear but now

launching assassination attempts on his brothers in the Eye, starting with Lorgar. Says he has his scent now.

Spoilers but Corax

He says in the story that
he'll never serve chaos and that he's going to kill all of the traitors starting with Lorgar. It's funny to note that even full on daemon prince Lorgar gets wrecked by Corax. Looks like the Raven officially has the best primarch fighting track record.

I want Corax and Khan to return so badly hehe

seriously, why did they bring Rawbutt back first? Not that he's not an (occasionally) interesting character, but I would have much rather preferred to see the outsider primarch or the shadowy primarch have to step into the spotlight and fill a role that they were never meant to.

@ Morovir

Indeed, awarw it's the Scouring...just wish Corax would return as a terrifying fury of vengeance in M42

@ Slan Drakkos

The outrider or the covert ops primarch having to lead as lord commander would be an interesting character arc. I can't fault GW/BL though...Guilliman is probably the most commercially sensible choice.

@ Mellow

Aye...truth

Except he's killed none of them soooo something went wrong somewhere

But to be fair... it's all happening in the Eye of Terror itself. We already are fully aware of all the timey wimey stuff going on in the Warp, and the Eye in particular. Who's to say Corax hasn't already killed them all, just that, chronologically, that stuff won't be apparent until 50k? Time in the Eye is as subjective as it can get, and what may be sometime in M34 for Corax on his own wristwatch may be closer to M45 for Lorgar or Fulgrim.

Then again, that's just me bull:cussting because it's not like we'll ever really know what's what with the warp and the Eye unless it is specifically published.

Dead ones as in Sang, Ferrus, and Curze?

I was OK with Guilliman's return as it has always been a bit grey

Yes, I mean I wouldn't mind something like the Sanguinor filling the spots of those Primarchs, but they had a good start and good end to their stories. Sure you might be able to make something good out of touching on them again, but you could also make something absolutely awful.

I still remember the Sapphire King. 

Curze isn't actually confirmed dead though is he? Didn't the old fluff say that the pict-camera whatever thing on the assassin cut out just as the assassin charged at him? 

From Ruinstorm:

Doesn't Sanguinius show Curze that the future isn't written as they foresee it? And that any decisions made can change the outcome? That's easily enough deux machina for Curze's visions of his death to be altered or even be false.

She literally decapitated curze. The fight isn't shown, not that I assume there was a fight. "Death is nothing compared to Vindication" was curze's whole line; an Assassin being sent to kill him because of his legions actions, and to display the feat, proves he was justified during the crusade.

Not dying is out of character for him

Spoilers but Corax

that sounds amazing.

"lord of shadows"