Corvus Corax in new books?

Tiger9gamer

It's in Gav's short story 'Shadow of the Past' in the events only anthology Sons of the Emperor. Presumably some of those stories will appear in an anthology, probably a 'Primarchs' one rather than a Horus Heresy book as this piece is set after the heresy and others are set during the great crusade.

Spoilers but Corax

appears on Sicarus hunting for Lorgar, variously blasting Word Bearers apart with black lightning and shapeshifting into liquid shadow and a flock of ravens. The WB think he's a daemon at first. He says that being in the Eye essentially reveals the nature of the primarchs as warp-creations and promptly beats the hell out of Lorgar.

that sounds amazing.

"lord of shadows"

On Imperium planet #LV-421b, near the heart of the Beta Gammon system:

Child: "but I don't want to brush my teeth!"

Mother: "But you must! For it you don't, the daemons will come and get you!"

Child squeals in terror and runs off to the bathroom.

On Chaos planet b124-LVGwararad, near the heart of the Eye of Terror:

Chaos Initiate: "but I don't want to sharpen my teeth!"

Chaos Space Marine: "But you must! For if you don't, the Shadow Primarch will come and get you!"

Initiate squeals in terror and runs off to the slave pit.

She literally decapitated curze. The fight isn't shown, not that I assume there was a fight. "Death is nothing compared to Vindication" was curze's whole line; an Assassin being sent to kill him because of his legions actions, and to display the feat, proves he was justified during the crusade.

Not dying is out of character for him

She didn't literally decapitate him though. As far as I know all fluff indicates that the pict capture cuts out before the assassin even gets within melee range of Curze. Who's to say his final line wasn't in reference to the death of the assassin? BL love a good twist mind.

If its out of character then BL will definitely love it, they love throwing twists out anywhere.

Edit: I haven't read that novel @b1soul so I stand corrected if so. I've based it off the old fluff, actually didn't know ADB confirmed it.

the model potential - flock of ravens/black smoke melding into like his human form front on (like ending in his lightning claws and/or whip)

heck, I can imagine the two model thing for corax (not like morthai from AOS though)  going with one "Normal" man sized primarch with all the weapons, and one "Unleased" you can use. two different models and prices like logan on foot and his chariot, but similar ways to play him (one buffs a lot and is hard to hit, one is a monster of death)

• 7 months later...

the model potential - flock of ravens/black smoke melding into like his human form front on (like ending in his lightning claws and/or whip)

I like that idea too. Something a bit like the Yncarne but bulkier and darker. Maybe like some of the new AoS Death stuff?

Except he's killed none of them soooo something went wrong somewhere

The story implies Corax is the reason Lorgar went into seclusion. Maybe he is the reason few of the traitor Primarchs have been out of the Eye between the Scouring and the Fall of Cadia. They are all busy watching their backs and making sure the nearest shadow doesn't suddenly sprout lightning claws and try to kill them. Aside from Angron's little jaunt to Armageddon, he wouldn't care about fighting anyone.

Corax-not-daemon returning as an Eisenhorn/Cherubael equivalent of the Primarch would be a stellar idea.

But I also think if the Fulgrim-clone, from the inexplicable success of Fabuis' returns will also be cool. And loyal-Fulgrim encounters Not-daemon-Corax.

It's a great concept. It also shows how Chaos tricked the traitor primarchs if power like that was always available to them...

I doubt Warp-Corax could stand up to Chaos Horus though or a more powerful Daemon Primarch like Angron. Corax's duel with Daemon-Lorgar wasn't one-sided. Corax had a small advantage but took some time to even land the first blow on Lorgar

It doesn't take away from the fact that Abaddon is powerful enough to kill every Loyalist Primarch, even Warp-Corax (Drach'nyen can kill anything weaker than the Emperor in ONE hit)

Heck, Kor Phaeron curbstomped Guilliman on his own! The Librarians of the Ultramarines wouldn't last three minutes against Lorgar!

didn't the small group of remaining World Eaters LIbrarians (albeit aided by Lhorke and while he was trying to focus on ascending Angron) give Lorgar a lot of trouble in Betrayer? I can't remember if they were using their powers or just shooting him though, but i vaguely remember him getting his hand and leg blasted apart.

It's a great concept. It also shows how Chaos tricked the traitor primarchs if power like that was always available to them...

I doubt Warp-Corax could stand up to Chaos Horus though or a more powerful Daemon Primarch like Angron. Corax's duel with Daemon-Lorgar wasn't one-sided. Corax had a small advantage but took some time to even land the first blow on Lorgar

It doesn't take away from the fact that Abaddon is powerful enough to kill every Loyalist Primarch, even Warp-Corax (Drach'nyen can kill anything weaker than the Emperor in ONE hit)

Heck, Kor Phaeron curbstomped Guilliman on his own! The Librarians of the Ultramarines wouldn't last three minutes against Lorgar!

Remember how perturabo ruined daemon angron?

Remember how guilliman had no warp defences when going up against kor phaeton? He was in fact blindsided.

A lot of stuff is circumstantial. For example, dracnyen killing every primarch in one hit? Maybe an implement, probably not a cut. Context.

Primarch relative power levels do seem to vary depending on who is telling the story. Facts are driven by plot rather than the other way around. A good example is Guilliman's duel with Fulgrim at the start of Dark Imperium. Guilliman does not seriously expect to be able to defeat his fallen brother and even though he gets one good hit in, the outcome is never in doubt. Later on, Guilliman relies on the Emperor's sword as an equaliser when fighting powerful daemons and the like.

Corax being able to go toe-to-toe with a Deamon Primarch is certainly interesting. Lorgar was viewed as the weakest Primarch prior to the Heresy but buffed up after Istvaan. How powerful he is post-ascension is hard to judge.

Another factor no one seems to be factoring in- how much more powerful is Corax now that he has embraced his warp power? 
I know that when he fights Lorgar for the second time that he almost kills him after putting his claws through his throat, and it was the intervention of the Word Bearers present that enables his escape. Lorgar then retreats into a private sanctum alone, excluding his sons. his implies to me, he wishes to reflect upon the fact that he had almost died at Corax's hands,. Twice.

I am equally filled with excitement and dread that Corax still lives- I just hope they do him justice in the lore. Although seeing him fall fully to the Sable Brand may be an interesting route to go down, would allow for a few interesting reunions with those forces he exiled millenia ago, such as the Carcharodons and Ashen Claws. (Maybe their brutal & bloody ways may be what he embraces in his need for vengeance?)

Remember how perturabo ruined daemon angron?

Remember how guilliman had no warp defences when going up against kor phaeton? He was in fact blindsided.

A lot of stuff is circumstantial. For example, dracnyen killing every primarch in one hit? Maybe an implement, probably not a cut. Context.

Perturabo had his Elite Robots, more of his Astartes and the First Obliterator on his side (NOT one on one!)

The only Loyalist Astarte that has defeated a Daemon Primarch is Kaldor Draigo (after a hundred Grey Knights soften Mortarion including the former Chapter Master)

The only one to survive getting stab by Drach'nyen is the Emperor. I doubt Corax is as tough as a Citadel! (Drach'nyen took down El Phanor's wall with one slash)

Perturabo beat him in a fight; he tanked hits and dished them out in return. Volk helped, but the end result was that with proper planning a non-empowered primarch had the opportunity to permanently kill a daemon primarch. As Volk puts it:

"Not in dissolution, not in a return to the realm of pain, but in obliteration".

So yes, corax empowered would be able to stand up to a "strong" daemon primarch, especially with planning involved.

And yea, he busted down some gates with it. After hitting them post charge up. Like a big comic book "raise sword in the air, glow, and swing" type of deal. Against warp corax. For sure no context involved.

He did for sure. He prepared for his showdown perfectly and again, put a daemon primarch in a position of facing complete destruction.

The only primarch I couldn't see preparing for a daemon primarch hunt is ironically angron. And one who specializes in assassinations and empowered by the warp would have a pretty good shot imo

Archived