Corvus Corax in new books?

Tiger9gamer

He did for sure. He prepared for his showdown perfectly and again, put a daemon primarch in a position of facing complete destruction.

The only primarch I couldn't see preparing for a daemon primarch hunt is ironically angron. And one who specializes in assassinations and empowered by the warp would have a pretty good shot imo

And yet Corax only targeted Lorgar in 10k years. Not Abaddon, Bile, Ahriman, Lucius or any of the Traitor Primarchs beside Lorgar.

That short story was great.

And I totally called it, like, 2 years ago in a discussion thread on what happened to the various Primarchs.

Paraphrasing, I theorized that Corax's purpose on heading into the eye was to hunt down his traitorous brothers, likely starting by finishing what he started on Istvaan V with Lorgar.

a. we have no information on who corax has or hasn’t targeted since the heresy, aside from one instance.

b. time in the warp is different. 10,000 years may be 10 for corax

c. we also have almost no info on what lorgar has been up to

A. Considering that all of the Traitor Primarchs are alive and active in the 42nd Millenium (Omegon is involve with the Necrons/C'tan) either Corax did not/could not attempt an assassination or failed

C. Lorgar is mobilizing the Word Bearers for war thanks to the Great Rift

D. Corax might not be able to inflict True Death on the Daemon Primarchs

I would be interested in Corax interacting with the Modern Raven Guard, Space Sharks and Ashen Claws. And maybe hunt down Bile as the latter can curbstomp Chapter Masters (Warp-Corax vs Cloned-Emperor!)

a. we have no information on who corax has or hasn’t targeted since the heresy, aside from one instance.

A. Considering that all of the Traitor Primarchs are alive and active in the 42nd Millenium (Omegon is involve with the Necrons/C'tan) either Corax did not/could not attempt an assassination or failed

I would be interested in Corax interacting with the Modern Raven Guard, Space Sharks and Ashen Claws. And maybe hunt down Bile as the latter can curbstomp Chapter Masters (Warp-Corax vs Cloned-Emperor!)

Regarding D.

What if Corax HAS killed several of the traitors, but their patron God resurrected them?

is there any proof omegon is involved with c’tan other than one cosplaying as him?

maybe lorgar is still alive, maybe he isn’t. maybe it’s all just rumours about him. maybe corax has spent 10,000 years keeping him captive and torturing him? as you suggest, corax may not be able to inflict true death (and vice versa), maybe it’s been a murderous Groundhog Day for both of them for millennia?

i trust/hope the writers come up with something more interesting for his activities over the time since the scouring

Bile has no interest cloning the emperor, or even the primarchs any more.

Yeah, he pivoted to Primaris for now. Corax still hates him because his New Men almost killed him during the Heresy

No, he pivoted to making humanity capable of taking over the Galaxy by creating the new man.

And corax has literally not been shown to care or think at all about fabius and the incident with the new men at all. He cares about killing chaos creatures; fabius straight up does not respect the Gods and wouldn't incorporate any warp raft into the new men.

So there's no cross over at all

We also have no idea when the story was set. Was it recently or was it 9,500 years ago?

We are led to assume it is shortly post-Scouring. The fluff has stated that Lorgar spent most of the time since the Heresy in seclusion. I assume that this incident marks the start of that seclusion although it is sufficiently vague that it could be probably be set at any point between the Scouring and the Fall of Cadia.

Indeed, given the way time works (or doesn't) in the Warp, perhaps there is not much difference between the two. The story provides an interesting snapshot of both Primarchs post-Heresy without constricting future developments for either too much.

Lorgar would be an interesting Primarch to return in modern day stories. (Even if he is a bit of a weenie) I'd like to see him supplant Abaddon as war master leading a "Daemon Crusade" Only to be combated by the return of Corax. With all of Lorgars "Superiority" it would be interesting to see a modern narrative of him losing in a duel with Corax (That is if L isn't to big a powerhouse/servant of the chaos goads atm)

I'd like to see Lorgar come back to threaten Robby G's imperium, especially with all the bad blood they have there only for Big Beakie to step in and save the day. 10/10 would purge any novel that covered that to any degree.

Lorgar would be an interesting Primarch to return in modern day stories. (Even if he is a bit of a weenie) I'd like to see him supplant Abaddon as war master leading a "Daemon Crusade" Only to be combated by the return of Corax. With all of Lorgars "Superiority" it would be interesting to see a modern narrative of him losing in a duel with Corax (That is if L isn't to big a powerhouse/servant of the chaos goads atm)

I'd like to see Lorgar come back to threaten Robby G's imperium, especially with all the bad blood they have there only for Big Beakie to step in and save the day. 10/10 would purge any novel that covered that to any degree.

Problem being that Lorgar has already dueled Corax before. Lorgar would have done something that gives him an edge over Corax. (A dozen Possessed Terata/New Men would be enough to give Lorgar victory over Corax)

Doubt Lorgar could threathen Abaddon as the Warmaster has grown powerful enough that he could defeat and True Death the Daemon Primarch (Drach'nyen would insta-kill the slow Lorgar). Besides, the BL outnumbers the WB 10-1 and has more Ships, Resources/Industry and 'allies' (Red Corsairs, Khârn, Zhufor, and the Crimson Slaughter fight for Abaddon)

Guilliman would be EXTRA ENRAGED when he meets Lorgar in the present day (Emperor would have told Guilliman that it was Lorgar, Erebus and Kor Phaeron that started the Heresy)

Lorgar would be an interesting choice to start a Crusade of Unbelief. 

In the contested warzones of the Imperium, a Golden Herald promises relief. The Golden Herald brings victory with every appearance, the power of his faith crushing those that resist the honeyed words of his message. For those newly converted, the Golden Herald brings the attention of a pantheon more responsive than HE on Terra, more powerful than the God Engines of red Mars. With faith as his shield, the Golden Herald enters the most hellish warscape and brings peace. 

The enlightened are coming to Terra. Peace comes in their wake. 

Imagine just how pissed Guilliman would be seeing faith turned into such a deadly weapon against the Imperium?

I don't think Guilliman could be anymore pissed then he already is.  He'd be too occupied trying to keep the Imperium together.  He'd probably just be like, 'oh, you again'.  

Corax, Barthusa Narek, pls just kill Lorgar already.  Maybe Narek could be a time traveler, and he eventually kills Lorgar sometimes in future, beyond the current setting.  

Lorgar would be an interesting Primarch to return in modern day stories. (Even if he is a bit of a weenie) I'd like to see him supplant Abaddon as war master leading a "Daemon Crusade" Only to be combated by the return of Corax. With all of Lorgars "Superiority" it would be interesting to see a modern narrative of him losing in a duel with Corax (That is if L isn't to big a powerhouse/servant of the chaos goads atm)

Problem being that Lorgar has already dueled Corax before. Lorgar would have done something that gives him an edge over Corax. (A dozen Possessed Terata/New Men would be enough to give Lorgar victory over Corax)

Doubt Lorgar could threathen Abaddon as the Warmaster has grown powerful enough that he could defeat and True Death the Daemon Primarch (Drach'nyen would insta-kill the slow Lorgar). Besides, the BL outnumbers the WB 10-1 and has more Ships, Resources/Industry and 'allies' (Red Corsairs, Khârn, Zhufor, and the Crimson Slaughter fight for Abaddon)

Guilliman would be EXTRA ENRAGED when he meets Lorgar in the present day (Emperor would have told Guilliman that it was Lorgar, Erebus and Kor Phaeron that started the Heresy)

I know it's futile, but you got any sources for Lorgar being slow, or the Word Bearers being outnumbered 10-1 by the Black Legion?

Lastly, we don't even know that the Emperor is aware of Lorgar's role in starting the Heresy, let alone that he told Guilliman about it.

Word Bearers being outnumbered 10-1 by the Black Legion is mentioned in Dark Creed, the 3rd novel in the Word Bearers trilogy. It is stated by the Word Bearers themselves.

"Of course, the Black Legion's strength was unparalleled - their ranks outnumbered those of the Word Bearers almost ten to one"

Lastly, we don't even know that the Emperor is aware of Lorgar's role in starting the Heresy, let alone that he told Guilliman about it.

I am trying to remember Lorgar and Guilliman's interactions at Calth and during the Shadow Crusade. They certainly met face-to-face after the outbreak of the Heresy. I can't remember if Lorgar took much opportunity to gloat or boast. It doesn't seem entirely in his character since he believes he is doing the right thing (or at least, the necessary thing).

I am trying to remember Lorgar and Guilliman's interactions at Calth and during the Shadow Crusade. They certainly met face-to-face after the outbreak of the Heresy. I can't remember if Lorgar took much opportunity to gloat or boast. It doesn't seem entirely in his character since he believes he is doing the right thing (or at least, the necessary thing).

As far as i know there's two instances where Guilliman & Lorgar directly speak / interact with each other during that period... first would be at the attack on Calth itself, Big G gives everyone's favorite foaming Zealot quite the verbal tirade. Second would be in Betrayer where our man G launches a surprise attack on the Word Bearer / World Eater Flag Ships & Singular King Ship. He Battles Lorgar & that raving nut job Angron planet side while the fleet battle is mostly viewed through the eyes of the titular Lotara Sarrin, may she die a merry traitors death during the Siege! :rolleyes:

Of course we cannot forget the most exciting and tantalising meeting of these two characters from the super secret missing middle chapters of The First Heretic, also known as the magnificent novella Aurelian... their meeting here is faux, that a vision, tantalisingly short lived with just enough detail to leave you begging for more!

That all may be true regarding Lorgar/Guilliman, but that's not what Moonreaper claimed. He said that the "Emperor would have told Guilliman that it was Lorgar, Erebus and Kor Phaeron that started the Heresy".

Secondly, I'd take all observations from the Word Bearers trilogy with a grain of salt. That was written back when Legions were in the tens of thousands at most, and the actual Crusade-era Legions had very little fleshing out at all.

That all may be true regarding Lorgar/Guilliman, but that's not what Moonreaper claimed. He said that the "Emperor would have told Guilliman that it was Lorgar, Erebus and Kor Phaeron that started the Heresy".

Secondly, I'd take all observations from the Word Bearers trilogy with a grain of salt. That was written back when Legions were in the tens of thousands at most, and the actual Crusade-era Legions had very little fleshing out at all.

I once asked the sun to stop shining, but that didn't really work. You asking him for citations is roughly on the same scale of futility

The word bearers trilogy still holds up pretty well in terms of post legion size. They attack the boros gate with what, 20000 marines?

Now a lot of everything really depends on context. The scouring and legion wars took a toll on a lot of legions, but the word bearers are notably one that didn't really fracture or are known to have been picked on like the soh. They were also one of the larger legions to start with.

Now the black legion being 10x the size? Maybe. It could be hyperbole, but it could be true.

Archived