New Ork Vehicles - What do you think?

antique_nova

Mekspesul 

The power of 3 big shootas but with only 2 barrels #orkgineering

I think the mekspesul has 3 barrels and a big shoota twinlinked to it. 

Ahh, I hadn't even noticed that detail!

Anyone have any examples of Bad Moonz cults of speed?

Lore-wise or people's armies?

For the former, Speed Freakz/Kult of Speed is more a sub-culture (or Kultur) of ork society, rather than a Klan, so it can pop up anywhere. It can be a section of a tribe or warband or the dominating theme of an army. Less likely with Bad Moons than Evil Sunz, but quite possible.

As for the latter, I've never seen one.

Yup, the Speed Freeks are kinda like oddboys. Kind of like Khorne Berzerkers - all world eaters are khorne berzerkers, but not all berzerkers are world eaters. 

I'd like a Speed Freek warband. I started one when codex armageddon came out, but it was too expensive for my younger self. I have Blood Angels as a main army, though, so don't want to paint more red, and Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub is da next biggest boss. The Black/yellow would look good next to the red/black of the BA - I'm really looking for inspiration. Bad Moonz are pretty bright yellow, which is a challenge in itself. 

I'm doing Black and Yellow, just because I love that colour scheme, still be a Speed Freeks army though.

Maybe I'll undercoat everything in Red then paint over it... Does that make them go faster?

If you believe it does, then yes!

The Black/yellow would look good next to the red/black of the BA - I'm really looking for inspiration. Bad Moonz are pretty bright yellow, which is a challenge in itself.

Something a bit like this would be pretty cool...

9d3cfca725133804ae1b43904956a3f2.jpg

Or even this for the pickup-type one...

yeltrk.JPG

Oh now you’re just pushing towards even more expensive hobbies hahaha.

I love the jet buggy, it’s got my wheels turning thinking about Air Force themes and stormboyz and dakkajets and the cool kromlech pilot heads(not to mention all their other bits)

Might get the Wartrike on release day or whenever I head to the store after that (cost in money and points still a cause for reservations). Although now I'm starting to head into the "too many HQs" territory at this rate with the orks too, seeing as this will be the fifth... :P Kinda would've preferred a regular bike boss in that at least it would've been cheaper in both money and points. But in either case my biker nobs sure could use a fast-moving boss anyway. Assuming the biker nobs are still even a thing in the codex... hah!

I also find myself giving further consideration to the Speed Freeks box. The Boosta-Blasta looks nice enough, and while I'm not a huge fan of the Dragsta's looks, the fact that it has good accuracy and has that interesting shokkjump ability... hmm. And while I originally figured I might need more bikes, given how fat the Wartrike is I suppose additional screening models for it wouldn't hurt. While the current 6 I have are meant to be nobs, the other six could be regular warbikers.

The problem, of course, is being able to afford the box (in addition to the wartrike and also wanting the squigbuggy), having just bought some other orky stuff. I don't think there'll be much savings compared to buying separately if considering just the models themselves. 135€ for the game, 66€ for six warbikers, leaving 69€ for the buggies.

Jeez, £90 for that box? I was hoping £65 like the others - I dont think there's enough plastic in there to justify a wake the dead price tag.

That said, the game looks like it might be fun. And I want that Dragsta,

Also, when GW says you can use the Deffkill trike to have an army of only vehicles - I assume this is using the fast attack heavy detachment from the BRB?  

That game is very over priced for the contents in plastic. It should be about half the price at most. 
I was excited in the beginning because I thought there were 4 vehicles and the bikers. It looked like a lot of sprues in those leaked pictures. 

Via those detachments yeah, since there's no vehicles for Elite and Troop slots. I must say, with the focus on speed this time around, removing the biker painboy and big mek is kinda bleh. Good thing I didn't convert a warboss or big mek on a bike (or buy third party or FW) as I was expecting this might happen. Using index entries might technically work for now, but eventually not so much. Which reminds me that I guess there hasn't been anything about if nob bikers are still available as their own unit or not?

The SF box does contain extra sprues for the terrain pieces, but I reckon those aren't that much use for many people at least outside the boxed game itself.

Overpriced? Hmmm, the game is $180 (Canadian). You get 2 mobs of Warbikers, which are 50 CAD each, so $80 for the rest of the set. Call it $40 for each buggy? Probably less since there's terrain and a whole board game, plus Trukks are $44.75 (what a weird price). The savings might not be great, but unless the prices of a single buggy is way lower than I'm expecting, I think there might be some savings in the box. I guess we'll find out come the weekend!

Overpriced? Hmmm, the game is $180 (Canadian). You get 2 mobs of Warbikers, which are 50 CAD each, so $80 for the rest of the set. Call it $40 for each buggy? Probably less since there's terrain and a whole board game, plus Trukks are $44.75 (what a weird price). The savings might not be great, but unless the prices of a single buggy is way lower than I'm expecting, I think there might be some savings in the box. I guess we'll find out come the weekend!

Yes, from some back of the envelope maths, there isn't a great deal of savings in this box unless the new trukks are priced at £30 - 35 each.

Which is a bad thing. If they're £20 each I'll get 4. If they're £30 each I'll get none. 

Well, ok. the new player collector will get a bit of savings and persons like my self will fill the second hand market with war bikers, which we didn't want because we already have loads of them. I hope for the new player that they are better from the codex than they were from the index.  Who knows. If I had no impulse control I'm sure I would be suckered in. :wallbash:  But I am an addict.:teehee: 

Heh, I'll be honest, I've already pre-ordered a Speed Freeks set through my FLGS. :laugh.: I'll end up using all of the models, as I've only got one mob of bikers. It'll be interesting to see what the price of the buggies will be - my $40 hypothetical above is about £20... We'll see.

Well, ok. the new player collector will get a bit of savings and persons like my self will fill the second hand market with war bikers, which we didn't want because we already have loads of them. I hope for the new player that they are better from the codex than they were from the index.  Who knows. If I had no impulse control I'm sure I would be suckered in. :wallbash:  But I am an addict.:teehee: 

Good point about the second hand market about warbikers, on average that'll probably drive down the price on those which means the box is of even less value compared to buying separately :P Regardless of which way it goes, if there's no nob biker unit in the codex I may have to get 3 more bikes anyway so that I have can have three 3-bike squads. Because I currently have 3 assembled nob bikers meant for their own unit, and I'd rather not tear them apart to convert to regular bikers. The other three aren't glued yet so no problem with those.

well, I was thinking the new player buys the box then 2 more sets of bikers for a full unit from Ebay. Then maybe 2 more for the flexibility of 3 mobs of 6 or something. 
Honestly 3 mobs of 3 is probably much much better than a larger mob or several larger mobs.

In terms of not as easily losing models to morale rolls, at least. Might have to have a separate fast attack detachment for them at that point, though, otherwise no room in a battalion for stormboyz and buggies and such.

Speaking of Fast Attack slots and vehicles though, I really hope they lowered the points cost of deffkoptas (assuming they're still available). 79 pts for a model (AoBR rokkit ones) that doesn't hit anything and dies relatively easily is no fun.

Hard to say. I was thinking with Dakka Dakka Dakka they will improve but a points drop would be very good.
I've rolled a lot of dice recently and I don't see hitting on a 5+ as never hits any more. 1 never hits, 2 some times hits 3 is likely to hit with a chance of more shots and so on. I had 10 tank bustas, use Dakka Dakka Dakka as a Stratagem Saturday and in the end hit 9 times. This was common.  Now I am even excited for as few as 3 rokkits in one go. 
6 may get you 4, which is good. (Or more with luck.)
My understanding is that the speed mob rule is a lot like how we get 3 dreads in 1 slot and I was absolutely thinking battalion + Fast attack detachment. 
I tend to build my list then divide that between the allotted number of detachments. The hard part is making sure I have enough HQ's as they are never the first thing on my mind, old habit. 

It "never hits" relative to the price. At two rokkit shots per model, each rokkit having a 33% chance to hit... not great odds. You miss, and you have a sizable chunk of points achieving nothing. You can get 13 boyz or 7 stormboyz for those points and get far more value out of them. Comparatively for the fast attack slot vehicles, some of the new buggies get a LOT of shots, and one of them even has BS 3! Of course, their points cost remains to be seen, but the power levels were in the 5-7 range, with deffkopta currently being 5.

Had a look today and I find that the Speed Freeks boxes are available over Ebay for a discounted price. 
I may get one. 
And this is why. The new vehicles are going for 55 bucks a pop from that game and the terrain is another 30. So 140 bucks for just the parts I actually want. 
I would be a fool no to buy the whole box at a discount ....and basically give the bikers away.  

Don't forget, check the sellers out and shop with who you trust, or keep it local. what ever's best for your particular situation. 
I haven't goon looking to see what other pre orders I can find at a discount yet, will report if I do. 

Well at £27.50 per buggy and £24 for 3 bikes means you save £13 on models and that doesn't include scenery or game bits.

It's comparatively expensive but for those of us with substantial Ork armies it's not too grim. Feel sorry for Ork noobs though

Well at £27.50 per buggy and £24 for 3 bikes means you save £13 on models and that doesn't include scenery or game bits.

It's comparatively expensive but for those of us with substantial Ork armies it's not too grim. Feel sorry for Ork noobs though

first ork army Im making!

I shall grow my waaagh ever so slowly

I can't but help feel like the Squigbuggy, to me the nicest of the new buggies, is too points-intensive (as per leaks) for its average damage potential. Hard time deciding whether to buy it on release or not given my limited finances. Although I guess I'm not yet sold on the Wartrike either. It's a lot of points too and would only help the charges of my bikers, of which there are only 6 at the moment.

Archived