Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Ork Vehicles - What do you think?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,584 posts

Mekspesul 

The power of 3 big shootas but with only 2 barrels #orkgineering

I think the mekspesul has 3 barrels and a big shoota twinlinked to it. 

Ahh, I hadn't even noticed that detail!

Anyone have any examples of Bad Moonz cults of speed?

Lore-wise or people's armies?

For the former, Speed Freakz/Kult of Speed is more a sub-culture (or Kultur) of ork society, rather than a Klan, so it can pop up anywhere. It can be a section of a tribe or warband or the dominating theme of an army. Less likely with Bad Moons than Evil Sunz, but quite possible.

As for the latter, I've never seen one.

Yup, the Speed Freeks are kinda like oddboys. Kind of like Khorne Berzerkers - all world eaters are khorne berzerkers, but not all berzerkers are world eaters. 

I'd like a Speed Freek warband. I started one when codex armageddon came out, but it was too expensive for my younger self. I have Blood Angels as a main army, though, so don't want to paint more red, and Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub is da next biggest boss. The Black/yellow would look good next to the red/black of the BA - I'm really looking for inspiration. Bad Moonz are pretty bright yellow, which is a challenge in itself. 

Edited by Xenith, Yesterday, 08:21 AM.

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts

I'm doing Black and Yellow, just because I love that colour scheme, still be a Speed Freeks army though.

Maybe I'll undercoat everything in Red then paint over it... Does that make them go faster?

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 271 posts
  • Faction: I can't say

I'm doing Black and Yellow, just because I love that colour scheme, still be a Speed Freeks army though.

Maybe I'll undercoat everything in Red then paint over it... Does that make them go faster?

If you believe it does, then yes!

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,265 posts
As a death skulls player I'll be painting them up in a variety of colours and some allegedly fresh blue paint too :D

Can't wait! Sunday better be a splurge of stuff. Hoping codex and remaining kits for a week tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Zebulon

Zebulon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 305 posts
  • Faction: Several

The Black/yellow would look good next to the red/black of the BA - I'm really looking for inspiration. Bad Moonz are pretty bright yellow, which is a challenge in itself.

Something a bit like this would be pretty cool...

9d3cfca725133804ae1b43904956a3f2.jpg

Or even this for the pickup-type one...

yeltrk.JPG

Edited by Zebulon, Yesterday, 10:48 PM.

• Flame Boy and Xenith like this
ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gif

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts
Oh now you’re just pushing towards even more expensive hobbies hahaha.

I love the jet buggy, it’s got my wheels turning thinking about Air Force themes and stormboyz and dakkajets and the cool kromlech pilot heads(not to mention all their other bits)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users