Interesting News from warhammer fest

Medjugorje

Today and tomorrow warhammer fest takes place in Düsseldorf.

A group of friends are there and one of them was talking with a game designer. He said he was very impressed.

He said that GW knows that Space Marines are weak at the moment ( like Chaos Space Marines and Grey Knights) and they are sorry that there are no buffs in the september faq - just the top-OP-things get cuttings but there are huge changes coming in chapter approved. Named stratagems and ...

beside that ... later i will load up photos... there are 2 diorama with BT ( one is very special to me).

Edit: misread! Some good news finnaly.

Let's see how we care on chapter aproved. When does it hit?

Pics of the dioramas are on the BT Facebook group. They are pretty cool.

thats my account (christopher Bacher right?^^)

and it was said that (by GW!!! designers) that they want to release more chapter/legion specific codicies

thats the best new i heard since i the big 5th Edition FaQ/Errata

When is Chapter Approved due again?

I wonder what extras Marines will get? It's an interesting tid bit.

I suppose it will be released in December. I think CA2017 was released in Dec.

Well. It is really easy to release some Stratagems, Relics and minor adjustments for each Chapter... Maybe "Replace X with Y" or X+Y

I think they do playtesting a bit. Because Vanilla SM are the biggest and most important codex to GW.

Poster boys cant be one of the worst Tiers... of course Soups and UM rules+Guilliman help a ton, but other Chapters are terrible hurt without them

I think they do playtesting a bit. Because Vanilla SM are the biggest and most important codex to GW.

That doesnt mean we might get something good, Iron Hands are in the same codex and they barely get anything worthwhile and dont forget Angels of Death, the supplement for our codex where there was nothing for us except a single page of fluff. This codex being the posterboys of the game has meant nothing for BT in the past 6 years.

Whatever playtesting they do has never equaled to us getting anything either as we have been in the same spot since 6th ed, an army that stands out like a sore thumb and whose style has never been supported by the codex or supplements.

Poster boys cant be one of the worst Tiers... of course Soups and UM rules+Guilliman help a ton, but other Chapters are terrible hurt without them

Poster boys often suck horribly despite their best efforts and loaded rosters. For example:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_500x500/lal.png

Poster boys often suck horribly despite their best efforts and loaded rosters. For example:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_500x500/lal.png

LAL still sold tons of tickets when they were tanking.

Many marine models were also sold with a weak codex. So this may not be a serious problem to GW...

Cheers for posting the pics. I still have some hope that we will see some love sooner or later :)

I wonder if the stratagem changes might introduce a 1cp "embarked units may disembark from this Land Raider Crusader after it has moved this turn"

Can only dream.

One thing to possibly maybe keep hope alive, is that originally the first mention of black Templars were in the first sisters of battle publication.

Maybe they will be granted some type of love in the sisters ‘dex? If they only have a few unique units compared to C:SM then theyd slot in nicely with the sisters.

They’re old age of apostasy allies anyway.

Archived