Is using models from Burning of Prospero okay?

dbecer01

Would I run into any problems using the models from the Burning of Prospero set for 40K? I'm not sure if some people would complain that they are really 30K models and not 40K models, or something like that.

That depends a lot on what you mean to do really.

I use the 30K marines in my BA army.

Sure you can paint them as 1KS but they lack all the unique wargear rubrics can take and you have to get the aspiring sorcerors from somewhere else.

If you played a game with me I would have no problem with you using 30K marines with bolters as rubrics with inferno bolters.

I've been mixing the BoP and BaC sets with the 40k rubrics/FW upgrades in my WiP thread. they could easily pass for Rubrics/Thousand Sons even without the crests. but just make it clear to your opponent :-)

As an aside, I opened up my rubric box last night. You get 12 heads and 21 weapons.

Should be pretty easy to find someone with a 30k Sons army that's used the rubric bodies with achean helms that has a bunch of spare crested helms you can convert the Mk3 with. 

I started off with the Prospero boxed set but wanted the Thousand sons to look a bit more "Thousand Sons" like so the Wolves will be in the MkIII but my Thousand Sons are mostly mk IV with the Rubric bodies, occasional shoulder pad, tabard and weapon. it was originally planned as a Heresy force but sort of spiralled into some 40k with the Primaris. there is one of the cults in the codex that are basically Rubrics in Heresy-era colours.....as long as my opponent was fine with me using them as Rubrics and I leave the un-helmeted guys at home :-)

I am working on some more traditional Rubrics though...

As long as you get atleast a proper headbit for them, I dont really see an issue. Im making my TK out of that box, but im gonna buy the head bits and a shoulder replacement from forge world, so everyone is aware that my marines are TK rubrics.  The head bit is the important part, either modern super hats or the heresy era beatle bit on the front. Since yknow special marines and all. No unhelmeted of course. As long as all the rubrics look the part and it is clear what they are I dont see a problem. 

If you are playing thousand sons, it will be obvious they're rubrics without crests. It would only be a problem if you run them beside other marines that look the same. The crest is not actually a piece of wargear, after all.

Archived