B&C's Ork Community Kitbashing Mekshop!

Warhead01

Hello!

Looks like there is some interest in a Kitbash thread so I am starting this for all of us Meks and builders here on the B&C.

The goal of this thread is to share information, ideas and get help with what ever it is that your bashing up. 

The thread is aimed at vehicles more than infantry models but it's to your own judgment if it belongs here or not really. 

Things you might like to post.

Conversions / kitbashes that are complete or in the works. 

Build a longs. 

Finished projects with a how too/ tutorial.

Ideas for a project.

Stuff like that. 

If I have missed anything please let me know.

Start your engines! 

Ready, set, go.!

This is a Great Idear for a thread!

I thought I would start with my Looted Sentinels / Killer Kans.

The trio were built from a pair of scout Sentinels I got back when they first was released in the early 2000s. I then raided my bits box for weapons. And went to ebay to get Closecombat weapons and of a variety of other bits to make them look Orkish.

gallery_63905_14685_270403.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_328099.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_277893.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_199790.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_46027.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_88297.jpg

I've got this looted wraithlord, counts as quad CCW deff dread. I still need to do a little work on one of the arms and the front torso armor, I just haven't had a lot of time recently. There really is two thirds of a wraithlord in there but I ended up having to scratch build more than I originally planned to make it proppa stompy, the base model is fairly weedy.

med_gallery_47416_13367_355782.jpeg

Here's the Speedsta Looted Wagon I made originally for my Burnas to ride around in. It uses the underside of a Battlewagon, a Devilfish and the tracks from a Thunderfire Cannon among other parts.

DSC 0198

DSC 0201

My advice is to see if you can pick up the old Chemical Plant from Pegasus Hobbies. It has plenty of ducts and tubes and storage tanks and valves in case you want to make a flame tank/fuel tank or something similar. http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/p104/%234911-Chemical-Plant/product_info.html

I am looking forward to seeing conversions and kitbashes based on the Goliath from the Genestealer Cult army because it looks like the perfect base for an Orky vehicle.

wip.

War Buggy thing.

gallery_3442_14853_12161.jpg

med_gallery_3442_14853_38292.jpg

I had a few extra trukk bitz around so I added a second engine and a second fuel tank.
I need pipes and parts for the crew compartment next.
This is going to be a slow build I think. I have several "extra" trukks to make more of these if this turns out nice.

Start of a buggy made from one of the Galvanic Servohaulers I got in the Kroggskull's Boyz kit:

Am I looting it right? :laugh.:

Whats the Plan for the rest of it? That is the question =)

My intention with this is that I'll ONLY use the parts from the Kroggskull's Boyz box to dakka up the two Servohaulers. Any extra bitz will be armour and symbols that I have lying around (because when I first got into 40k, I bought a bitz box from my FLGS that contained a TON of Ork stuff).

My intention with this is that I'll ONLY use the parts from the Kroggskull's Boyz box to dakka up the two Servohaulers. Any extra bitz will be armour and symbols that I have lying around (because when I first got into 40k, I bought a bitz box from my FLGS that contained a TON of Ork stuff).

Great. 

My advice is this. 

Work out what Wheels you are using, build a basic frame for them that this engine can sit in the center. 

The start thinking about how the amour plates are going to build the body work for the buggy, and the look you are going for, this will end up dictating the Drivers chair,which in my book you need make sure that fits the frame and so its not just hanging of the back.The back of the Orks back should be about level with the rear wheels at worst. 

Normally my advice on looting is to think about how the orks got ahold of it, since people usually don't just leave perfectly good military equipment around for the enemy to find and use. Usually I'll plan some damage that the orks inflicted on it, and plan the repairs/"upgrades" around that...

...buuuuut since the servohauler is civilian equipment that may be uneccessary. That one IS something they may have found intact somewhere.

I had a nostalgic trip on the weekend and re-discovered some vehicles made when I was real young with my little cousin, he loved Orks!
This one was scratch-built mainly from sprue pieces and cardboard and corrugated card. Even has a gretchin behind the wheel, behind the remove-able door. So funny, we used to think this was real cool but hey we were just kids lol.

gallery_97889_14856_31186.jpg
gallery_97889_14856_73758.jpg
gallery_97889_14856_60426.jpg

Those new Speed Freeks kits really do look awesome. They gave me so many ideas to revisit the Kult of Speed.
Anyone ever used a Taurox kit as a base with like monster truck tyres?

Those new Speed Freeks kits really do look awesome. They gave me so many ideas to revisit the Kult of Speed.

Anyone ever used a Taurox kit as a base with like monster truck tyres?

I haven't (yet), but there's quite a few you can find on Google, mostly from DakkaDakka it seems :lol:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/4/6/600656_md-Guard%20Abuse%2C%20Looted%2C%20Orks%2C%20Taurox.jpg

864134_md-Campaign%2C%20Conversion%2C%20

925980_md-Conversion%2C%20Grots%2C%20Ork

IMG_1785.jpg

^Thank you, they look suitably impressive!

What a fun force Orky vehicles look to be. Cogs are whirring away here lol.

You're welcome!

Those are some amazing images there, Gederas. Your Google-fu is indeed heroic. :smile.:

I literally just Googled 'Taurox Ork Conversion' and picked at random :lol:

So, question for the Mekshop.

I'm planning on two kitbashed Battlewagons for my Orks. The first one, which'll be the 'heavy recovery/support vehicle' for my Mek's rolling shop, based on the War Rig from Fury Road.

Hidden Content

mad_max_fury_road_cars_7.jpg

I just need to figure out which bit of Terrain can make the oil tanker, the Sector Mechanicus Alchomite Stack or a Promethium Refinery/Ferratonic Furnace. I'm thinking the Alchomite Stack is closer to the size of the Battlewagon kit, though, ironically, next to no parts of the Battlewagon will be used in this one's structure.

What do you all think? Or does anyone have any handy size comparisons of those pieces of terrain compared to a Battlewagon?

Hidden Content

I just need to figure out which bit of Terrain can make the oil tanker, the Sector Mechanicus Alchomite Stack or a Promethium Refinery/Ferratonic Furnace. I'm thinking the Alchomite Stack is closer to the size of the Battlewagon kit, though, ironically, next to no parts of the Battlewagon will be used in this one's structure.

What do you all think? Or does anyone have any handy size comparisons of those pieces of terrain compared to a Battlewagon?

In my former home the local store had a lot of those terrain pieces and I seem to remember they were quite big in diameter, so I'm not sure they'd adapt well to a wagon. However, their diameter is definitely big compared to their length so for a similar look as the picture you linked, you'd probably need 2 of those cylinders queued up.

Hidden Content

In my former home the local store had a lot of those terrain pieces and I seem to remember they were quite big in diameter, so I'm not sure they'd adapt well to a wagon. However, their diameter is definitely big compared to their length so for a similar look as the picture you linked, you'd probably need 2 of those cylinders queued up.

Err... Which one? :lol:

You might also get lucky looking into plumbing supply. There you get pipes in all sizes which can easily be used a cylindrical objects. Slap some end caps and some plates (and red stripes of course) on it and you got yourself a tank.

Hidden Content

Err... Which one? :lol:

Ah, the ferratonic furnace one :)

Err... Which one? :laugh.:

Ah, the ferratonic furnace one :smile.:

Well, I didn't have easy access to the Ferratonic Furnace, but my friend had two of the Alchomite Stacks just laying around and.... Those ones are perfectly sized:

yMtN7d1.jpg

ceH9sDS.jpg

We will wagh eternal, all shiny and krome

Archived