New Kill Teams and Killzone

Master Sheol

I'm excited for these since they are two armies I'd like to start collecting. However, it does seem weird to preview something so minor at such a large event. I guess they don't really have anything to show off until the big Ork reveal in Orktober?

I wish they said anything about the new tactics in the sets.

You’ve mastered the urban cityscapes of the Sector Imperialis

If by "mastered" you mean that I've spent about 9 hours so far removing mold lines and filling in gaps in pillars, and am not quite half way (best guess) through assembling the contents of the Kill Team box, so I haven't been able to play a game with my set yet, then.... yes.... I've "mastered" it.

(If you haven't encountered the Imperialis/Kill Team terrain yet, it is legitimately wonderful. On sets I've seen where the owner left the gaps and lines, it was hardly noticeable. Of course, "hardly noticeable" is still noticeable.)

Anyone has an idea what the next KillZone will be, after this one?

We'll get boxes for Harlequin and T'au*, so maybe kZ: Sept World?

* So far, the release schedule matches the order factions were revealed in, with a new KZ for each new pair...

@Calyptra, keep up mate, certain people have trimmed, assembled, and painted several core and all the expansions for kill team :P Yeah, those new terrain sets in particular are killer.  I'm kinda tempted to buy another one or three core sets and sell off the other extranias 'game' bits and keep all those lovely Corinthian columns for myself. 

-laughs- well, it's... interesting?  The Kill Team sets are pretty fun (I may have to snag one or both) but I was kinda gritting my teeth at the Killzone this time around.  Eeeeh, I never liked that 'deathworlds spikey tree stem' terrain,never saw it used as it just didn't look jungle-ish or what not.  Is it just the default art?  Do they actually look good-ish?  I mean, If they were the older citadel Umbrella Thorn style ones, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. They just look so sparse compared to the other Killzones. 

I'm loving the 2 new sets with a death world terrain box aswell. Another 5 death watch vets to add to my 10 already and I'll get the de since I've never played them and like to give them a go and see how they play out, perfect setter a unit of 10. And can wait to see how death world terrain plays out in kt

Previewd at WHF and preorder next saturday

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/19/next-week-new-kill-teams-and-a-new-killzone/

I don't know what's the meaning of previewing at and event like WHF one thing you release in one week ..

I think they really like showing up at events and being able to spoil a couple of things, and they're limited in just how much they can spoil ahead because they will do something similiar at NOVA.

I'm excited for these since they are two armies I'd like to start collecting. However, it does seem weird to preview something so minor at such a large event. I guess they don't really have anything to show off until the big Ork reveal in Orktober?

Not too weird if you consider how things are structured. Kill Team is its own subsystem, like Shadespire, for GW and they simply went through all their systems and subsystems one by one and showed what's new for it. For some more for some less.

Not too weird if you consider how things are structured. Kill Team is its own subsystem, like Shadespire, for GW and they simply went through all their systems and subsystems one by one and showed what's new for it. For some more for some less.

Would love for us to get Kill-team specific sculpts a la shade spire, that can then easily be converted back to 40k. 

Would love for us to get Kill-team specific sculpts a la shade spire, that can then easily be converted back to 40k. 

cough Rogue Trader cough

I've always loved the idea of deathworld jungle terrain (my other hobby is growing carnivorous plants) but have never cared for the look of the plants in the kits, or the weirdly 2D Eldar ruins. I've never seen them in person though, so maybe I'll feel differently about them when I do.

@Calyptra, keep up mate, certain people have trimmed, assembled, and painted several core and all the expansions for kill team :P

*eye twitches*

I've always loved the idea of deathworld jungle terrain (my other hobby is growing carnivorous plants) but have never cared for the look of the plants in the kits, or the weirdly 2D Eldar ruins. I've never seen them in person though, so maybe I'll feel differently about them when I do.

Same. I'd love a deathworld jungle board since my T'au are jungle themed, however that Eldar deathworld plants kit does nothing for me. Maybe I just need to see more than just a random kit on display and instead a whole board properly made with it to convince me tho.

I always thought a jungle board would be cool (not as cool as a dense urban board, but still) and I've seen pics online of people pulling it off well but never in person. There was even a cool one in the 3rd of 4th Ed. BRB that wasn't dense but still looked really nice. It takes so much work to get it right and even then you have to worry about being able to properly place your models. Kinda like a well done trench board. Rare. 

I wish they said anything about the new tactics in the sets.

You’ve mastered the urban cityscapes of the Sector Imperialis

If by "mastered" you mean that I've spent about 9 hours so far removing mold lines and filling in gaps in pillars, and am not quite half way (best guess) through assembling the contents of the Kill Team box, so I haven't been able to play a game with my set yet, then.... yes.... I've "mastered" it.

(If you haven't encountered the Imperialis/Kill Team terrain yet, it is legitimately wonderful. On sets I've seen where the owner left the gaps and lines, it was hardly noticeable. Of course, "hardly noticeable" is still noticeable.)

I'm picking up kill team soon, mainly for the terrain. Is it really that much of a pain and labour intensive?

I'm picking up kill team soon, mainly for the terrain. Is it really that much of a pain and labour intensive?

If you're not psychotic about gaps and mold lines, no it's not. People seem to be able to assemble it all in a day or two. So far I'm very impressed with how well the set is engineered - everything goes together securely and easily.

I haven't gotten to the two big pieces in the set, so it's possible my opinion will change when I do.

The mold lines are faint, and probably won't be very noticeable if, again, you're not me.

The columns are bisected into two parts, and gluing them together leaves a gap or seam running up and down the length of each pillar. It's not a big gap, it's just long. If you leave it, it will blend in with rest of the column because it follows the lines. If you fill it in with green stuff, it's going to take a while.

Apologies for the off topic tangent - I don't want to accidentally scare anyone off from the Imperialis terrain.

Has anyone here assembled the Death World terrain? I suspect cleaning and gap filling will be easier on it because of the organic shapes, but I've been horribly wrong about that sort of thing before.

Has anyone here assembled the Death World terrain? I suspect cleaning and gap filling will be easier on it because of the organic shapes, but I've been horribly wrong about that sort of thing before.

I've honestly never seen it in the wild. The sets have been collecting dust at both my FLGS for as long as I've lived in Columbus. I might pick up the Deathwatch set out of sheer curiosity. They seem to be good for obscuring line of sight.

• 2 weeks later...

I've picked up the munitorum set and want another, but can't decide whether to pick up the sector mechanicus or deathworld. I normally wouldn't consider the deathworld, but I also want the deathwatch set for the cards etc. and that happens to come with the deathworld trees, so...? - any recommendations?

It depends how many trees you want? If you want the DW one then you are getting 3 trees already. I have been making the Mechanicum set last week-end and its been fun to do, but omg, having to scrape lines off all of it is a chore. Satisfying when its all done though.

The Mechanicum and Munitorum go together very well, not sure how the trees would look with the other sets. I am hoping there will be another set that goes well with the trees.

If you were to cover the other terrain from the other sets in the citadel vine set they might look alright with the jungle set, IDK, just spit balling ideas.

GW actually has a picture of that on Page 36 of the Killteam book, there are vines on the Ferratonic Furnace in the background, unfortunately that's all that is covered.

I think part of it is how you paint GW’s Deathworld Forest kit though. I don’t have any good pictures, but I’ve seen some really good DF kits painted as underwater coral, etc.

Has it been revealed what is on the reverse side of the deathworld floor? Is it another imperialis board?

GW's listing for the product shows both sides. One is all jungle, one is the Imperialis connecting board turning into jungle about halfway in.

Archived