Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Point List

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Bloodchild

Bloodchild

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
Bit of a fluffy list and very aggressive. All Terminators teleport 9" at the enemy, the 3 units of Company Veterans board the 3 Razorbacks (Vulkan He'Stan jumps in as well) and race up the field and disembarking at 12" (melta range and plasma rapid fire range) the 3 Tactical Squads hit objectives, Whirlwind spins its rockets and provides max range support.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [43 PL, 683pts] ++

**Chapter Selection**: Salamanders

+ HQ +

Captain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 141pts]: Warlord - Rites of War, Relic - The Salamander's Mantle, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer

Chaplain in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 100pts]: Crozius Arcanum

Librarian in Terminator Armor [9 PL, 143pts]: Force Stave, Storm Shield  *Null Zone  *Smite  *Might of Heroes

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 65pts]
. 4x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun/Bolt pistol

. 4x Space Marine

. 4x Space Marine

+ Heavy Support +

Whirlwind [5 PL, 104pts]: Whirlwind vengeance launcher

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [59 PL, 1316pts] ++

**Chapter Selection**: Salamanders

+ HQ +

Vulkan He'stan [8 PL, 154pts]: Spear of Vulkan, Gauntlet of the Forge, Bolt Pistol

+ Elites +

Company Veterans [8 PL, 192pts]
. Space Marine Veteran: Meltagun, Storm shield
. Veteran Sergeant: Combi-melta, Storm shield

Terminator Assault Squad [12 PL, 235pts]: Teleport Homer
. 4x Terminator: Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer
. Terminator Veteran: Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 117pts]: Lascannon & Twin Plasma Gun, Storm bolter

++ Total: [102 PL, 1999pts, 9CP] ++

• Xisor likes this

NuclearSnowyOwl

NuclearSnowyOwl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

Awesome list! I'm looking to start some Salamanders and want to do something similar with lots of marines and transports. Commenting to follow.

I'm fairly new, only played 4 games in 8th, so please forgive a noob question: I played a basic Blood Angels 1,500 pt army against Astra Militarum a few days back (admittedly my list sucked). He had his heavy tanks back behind tons of wimpy troopers, essentially screening the tanks. I couldn't deep strike close to the tanks, I was basically forced to go through the infantry first. But while trying to get close enough to him to take down the infantry and engage the tanks, he blasted me to pieces. He had one Basilisk and three Leman Russ. 

Against an army like that, how would this list win? Not being fecetious, I honestly don't know how to beat that type of army. Those friggin Leman Russ tanks have such long range, I couldn't just ignore them and sit on objectives. How do you get the men with meltas close enough to be in range? Do you use lascannons and the whirlwind to take out one part of the screen before sending all the Razorbacks there to try to hit that opening in the line?

• Xisor likes this

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,088 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
There is not a lot of mass firepower here. Seems like it will struggle with hordes and blobs. And is one squad of Terminators going to be effective? Seems like the enemy would just focus them down.

Would love to see it painted up though.

Jacques Corbin

Jacques Corbin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,488 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Good point above. Maybe drop a Tactical Squad for Scouts? Snipers with Salamanders CT are good, and if you threw in a Heavy Bolter, the Hellfire Shells stratagem would be so reliable. Or, just Bolters, maybe a Heavy Bolter, but either a Combi-melta or Combi-flamer on the Sergeant. The Combi-flamer on a midfield objective would be really annoying for horde armies. Either way, camo cloaks are a must.

Have you considered an Ironclad Dreadnought? T8 and they DO NOT DEGRADE! They move just as fast, hit just as accurately, and as many times, regardless of wounds remaining. You can go double Heavy Flamer, or Heavy Flamer and Meltagun. Always take the Chainfist, and the Assault Launchers.

Have you considered a Lieutenant with a Thunder Hammer? He would hit on 3+ like other marines, but reroll 1s to wound. Brutal...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users