BL Summer of Reading bundle

Sandlemad

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/new/summer-of-reading-bundle-2018.html

Similar to the e-shorts/quick reads at christmas bundles, a week of new stories with a slight discount for getting the lot.

I can attest to the first one, Chris Wraight's Two Metaphysical Blades. It's a heresy story following the parallels between the spears of Constantin Valdor (the Apollonian spear) and Leman Russ (the Dionysian spear). It's very good, lovely prose and quite thoughtful. Short but has scenes from the unification wars, great crusade, heresy and scouring. A very neat and well done little piece, perhaps offers a contrasting view on Valdor and Russ's relationship to Wraight's own earlier Magesterium.

Interesting to see a Nikaea story in there. I wonder if, seeing Malcador on the cover, it'll somehow have him looking back on his talks with Mortarion in Daemonology.

Though seeing that tagline about a rebellion, it makes me wonder if they're actually adding or expanding on some piece of lore that made Nikaea in some way necessary, rather than it seeming like an out of the blue trial for Magnus. Having an actual psychic rebellion on hand could go a long way to justify why they had to act the way they did.

And FYI: The Aeronautica story doesn't appear to be featured in the upcoming Aeronautica anthology. I pretty much expected it would be, but Amazon doesn't list it with the others.

Lighting Run!!! Sounds fascinating, not familiar with the author. Anyone any insights?

I would be interested in the Nikea book if it was by a different author. I’m sure it will appear in a future compilation.

Another new writer in company of shadows, great to see new names coming forward and a new guard work is always welcome! Anyone know anything about Rachael?

Archived