Khorne Titanicus Blog: Finished Kytan Knight Banner #32

Hey B&C!

I'm back with something worth sharing my Traitor Titan Legion:
Legio Inferos Canibus the Hell Hounds.

So I started a little earlier than most building scenery using a terminator as a knight for scale and hoping for the best.
I did move during starting the project so some items are at work but hopefully I'll be able to get better pictures now the full range is up and going.

So first off the Warlord Titan sporting my Legio scheme. (He is finished with magnetised arms since this picture and I'll get pictures soon).

Warlord Cerberus W.I.P

Warlord Cerberus W.I.P

Warlord Flames test

Here is some to scale scenery ive made eBay bought barrels with a Skyshield Landing Shield and a set of custom Servohaulers. (Skitarii bits for the Servohaulers)

Servohauler Skyshield Landing Pad W.I.P

Servohauler W.I.P

Finished Servohauler set

And for something to block line of sight my Titan repair station with part of a spare armiger warglaive frame.

Titan Repair Station W.I.P

And what I think is a first on the internet!
My Proto Kytan Daemon Engine copying the original lord of skulls top on knight legs, I went with AT sized legs with blood warriors top half and bits.

Proto Kytan Knight W.I.P

Proto Kytan Knight W.I.P

Proto Kytan Knight W.I.P

Proto Kytan Knight W.I.P

I hope you guys like them and ill keep you up dated with pictures as I have them.

-Noctem Cultor

So I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't see any pictures in your post...?

I did, however, go to your gallery and I must say the titans look great, the flames are just brilliant! Secondly, the little servohauler and supply depot is really nicely done.

So I'm not sure if it's just me, but I can't see any pictures in your post...?

I did, however, go to your gallery and I must say the titans look great, the flames are just brilliant! Secondly, the little servohauler and supply depot is really nicely done.

Issue with the post I have fixed it now.

Thank you first real try at flames and im really happy with them. The Servohaulers worked a million times better than I expected and I must admit I was super smug around the office once it was done.

-Noctem Cultor

Also as it helped me while planning themes etc I threw together a backstory for my Legio with some room for their fall to Khorne for the future. Rough but hey here it is.

After the World Eaters Legion and their Titan allies the Legio Audax (Ember Wolves) put down the rebellion of the Redjak Mechanicum in the Golgothan Sector. Primarch Angron put his new allies to work on the Forgeworld Sarum outfitting his Legion, but to secure the Forgeworld and sector a new Titan Legion was constructed and housed upon Sarum. Legio Inferos Canibus the Hell Hounds, named after Mythical Hounds of Terras past. Painted in charred black armour adorned with flames and skulls, the Hell Hounds struck fear into their enemies standing watch far from the light of Terra.

With the Horus Heresy tearing apart the Imperium and Angron pledged to the Warmaster it was in short order that Sarum followed suite and the Hell Hounds with them.

The Dark Magi of the Dark Mechanics and their Master started constructing foul machines in the name of the Dark God Khorne including early versions of what would be known as the Kytan Daemon engine. But the ever plotting minds of the Dark Mechanics have their eyes set on the Hell Hound Titans and their gods vision of what they they could be.

-Noctem Cultor

Forgot to say I know the Kytan Daemon Engine was not around until after the Heresy hence mine are Prototype Kytan Knights.

My colleague took some pictures of my finished magnetised Warlord Cerberus for me. (Might revisit for more detailing in the future once everything else is built and painted to a similar standard).

Hell Hounds Warlord Titan Cerberus

Was a pleasure to paint and I can see him getting weapon options soon.

-Noctem Cultor

The warlord looks great! The servo hauler is an idea I'll be trying to borrow in the future. The Kytan is also awesome! That idea never clicked in my head at all. Will you be making more and using the knight's profile in the meantime?

@Hushrong Thanks and please feel free to borrow away it works so well I'm disappointed there isn't an official kit for the Servohaulers. We get alot of Blood Warriors in at my work place so the idea just popped in. I have enough to make another two Kytans one which I'll try to mirror the FW models pose. Once I've got my hand on at least one Reaver and some Warhounds I'll be looking to convert some more Daemon engines. Hellstriders for Warhounds count as and a Lord of Skulls are planned at the moment as im trying to convince Raktra to do a custom Nurgle Titan force with Plague Furnaces.

-Noctem Cultor

Thank you.

Late Great Crusade era founding, they have fought alongside the World Eaters as the sector was brought to heel by Angron who established the Titan Legion to protect his interests in the sector. 

As the Golgothan sector is far away from Terra they are disconnected from the plight of the Emperor and bear the eye as a symbol of their support of the Warmaster.

That and the kit means you have to take the Aquilla unless you want to take ages removing it (so guess they are all Crusade era ATM).

-Noctem Cultor

2nd Kytan sporting the finished waist design like his brother. Posed this one after the Forgeworld Kytan Daemon engine so he truly is a mini Kytan.

3rd is on its way with an epic base (is that a pun now it's 8mm?)

So bar gap filling 2 down 1 to go.

W.I.P Kytan Knight Maniple

-Noctem Cultor

Those Kytan minis are awesome! What will you run them as? Also loving the ingenuity of the servohaulers and repair bay, but you may need to fill in the grates of the bay, as-is they'd be so big that people wouldn't be able to scale them, haha.

Thanks DuskRaider, I'll just be running these guys as a Maniple of Knights. I wanted to have at least one unique looking Knight Maniple my next three will be a mixture of renegade freeblades.

Thank you something about this scale really inspired me, maybe it's my childhood playing with micromachines. Ha yes I had a discussion with colleges about that and if I should put an elevator for them to get up but then I stopped working on it.

-Noctem Cultor

Excellent use of the C.A.T.! If you build another servohauler crane, I'd love a tutorial. That's fantastic!

I have two C.A.Ts I haven't converted them but will use them as Magos transport objective markers.

I'm afraid there won't be a tutorial as I kitbashed it ages ago and it was a muddle through until it looked right job.

And here is a pic with the Kytan Maniple with a splash of colour.

Kytan Knight Maniple with paint basics

-Noctem Cultor

Knice start on the paint for the Kytans!

Man, the C.A.T.S. are probably too small the Kataphorn treads too big to do a lord of skulls?

*edit* I'm not going to fix it but by the Sweet Blood God I spelt 'knice'... I need to stop looking at Khornate stuff.

Yeah it's annoying as a in-between size tracked vehicle would be perfect.

At the moment I'm toying with the idea of marking up my Titans with Khorne blood symbols (like the Gal Vorbak markings) and keeping the Kytan Knights as my only conversion for now.

-Noctem Cultor

Just wanted to out out feelers to how people feel about this idea.

As I am currently painting up my other two Kytan Knights my first banner and in love with the idea of a Khorne corrupted force, I'm thinking of introducing hints of corruption to the Titans too.

My Legio is based on the Forgeworld Sarum on the edges of the Imperium's rule so it makes sense they could be corrupted earlier than the well known Titan Legios. My plan is to use Blood for the blood god to paint on corruption runes like those on the FW Gal Vorbak, just a few on the odd pannel without markings.

Yey or nay?

-Noctem Cultor

Gorgeous work, I love your kytans. Have you thought of magnetising some parts, in particular the arms to the torsos and the torsos to the legs? Thinking maybe you can end up with 2 different units of knights that way. One the converted kytans, the other before they become corrupted.

Some way down the road I think I'll definitely try something like that.

I'm not super up to date on Titan fluff but during the siege wasn't Legion Mortis fully corrupted? Daemonic visages for their heads, corruption rife on their armor, and all the other good stuff for worshipping Nurgle. So I do not think it would be an issue at all fluff wise to model some Chaos elements on your titans. Plus, they are your minis!

Yes they were/are. The main question was regarding showing hints of chaos corruption. I used Mortis as an example that they went full on with corruption during the heresy. So it is beyond reasonable that Noctem's titans can show hints of Khorne devotion.

Archived