Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Crows project log

- - - - - Raven Guard Successor Painting and Modelling ETL VI

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

longjohnsilver

longjohnsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
  • Faction: Space Crows

Hello again. Its time to show off my WIP command Razorback with t/l assault cannons.
Actually I need advice. I was thinking about writing '4th company' on the banner somehow but don't know if this will ruin it. What do you think? Is it enough that 4th company has the green spot colour?
The banner was downloaded from Wargames Foundry, in the free downloads section. It's actually a Viking standard but I repainted the background green and filled in the internal lines on the raven image.

3QLJtcU.jpg

2ELCnme.jpg

6iXFvd6.jpg

ui3nVib.jpg

The Apothecary is one of my favourites. I'll refrain from retaking pictures of my ETL units until I've painted a few more details on about 16 marine infantry, like that missile launcher tactical marine in the last picture. Until then I'm more in the mood for painting tanks or drop pods.
  • Race Bannon, war009 and Brother Quixote like this
ETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_AsETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,326 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
I think the flag will look better if mounted directly on the Razorback turret, allowing the weapon to traverse a full 360 degrees.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

longjohnsilver

longjohnsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
You're right. Luckily it was pinned into a small milliput cube, rather than being drilled into the chassis.

I snapped it off and cut a bit of plastic off the left side of the turret and then realised that I have no superglue to hand. *facepalm*

Just going to bluetac it in place until more painting gets done or I might drill it in place temporarily.
ETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_AsETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

Brother Quixote

Brother Quixote

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Crows, RG Successor.

I like the banner as it is, if the colour obviously matches the heraldry on your marines it probably looks fine. The big question is are YOU happy with it

If I was to put in a numeral, it'd be a small unobtrusive IV in one of the corners so as to not distract from the rest of the image.  Why not make another and test out a few things if you're unsure?

• WickedApp likes this

sml_gallery_98774_14600_40361.jpg

longjohnsilver

longjohnsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
Thanks, Brother Quixote. I was thinking of putting a '4th co' in the top corner, so as to avoid confusion with tactical squad IV, who are in a rhino (I think). Problem is the flag is two sided so it needs to look good. Good idea with printing myself another set.

Not much progress, I had 5 days of painters block so I need to break that chain tonight.

2odisWl.jpg

Quite happy with the command skull, which I drew with a 0.1mm art pen, although it looks wobbly really close up. Having new pens and brushes is so good. You should have seen what my finest 0000 brush looked like in the last days of the ETL.

IIxi7Ny.jpg

And then *drum roll* I realised that I put it on the wrong side, and I've done the one on the back as well, so its too late to change it now.
The pencils are sharpened so I'm going to try to draw the crow symbols on 5 empty spaces, even though its slightly heretical that 2 are on the wrong side..
  • Race Bannon, duz_, NiceGuyAdi and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,326 posts
I commend your painting skills.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

longjohnsilver

longjohnsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
Thanks, Bjorn. The flag was by Kevin Dallimore; its a free download under the title 'Viking flags'(on the Wargames Foundry website).
Also I might name a techmarine Mr Firewalker if that's OK with you. It's now much easier to transport my Razorback wit h the banner on the turret.

Oh, and here it is, madarms and monsewers:

28NkkzE.jpg

I4lq6Dr.jpg

lAiJOlH.jpg

GzGzeUc.jpg

Some other stuff recently assembled:

dvJqQwI.jpg

Props for guessing which game the librarian terminator came with..

Objective markers (wip):

S8LMWXL.jpg?1

Edited by longjohnsilver, 14 September 2018 - 11:38 PM.

• Bjorn Firewalker, duz_ and Brother Quixote like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,326 posts
Great job on the Razorback.

Also I might name a techmarine Mr Firewalker if that's OK with you.

I'm flattered, but I already created a "Bjorn Firewalker" for a fanfic. (He's a Space Wolf-turned-Wolfbrother who earned the name "Firewalker" for charging across a lava stream to reach the enemy. He moved fast enough to NOT lose both legs in the process.)

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 15 September 2018 - 02:19 AM.

Brother Quixote

Brother Quixote

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Crows, RG Successor.

I like how the Razorback has turned out, looks good.

That yellow plastic reminds me of some genestealer hybrid models I saw in someones tyranids in the 90's but I haven't seen the librarian model before. So I'm guessing one of the space hulk expansions.

Now I'm going to have to look it up, curse you. wink.png

sml_gallery_98774_14600_40361.jpg

longjohnsilver

longjohnsilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
Hah! Well it's close enough. It was from Genestealer which was the second expansion to the original Space Hulk. I did get the original game when I was about 15 but the rules and a handful of the models from the expansion were given to me at school. In a terrible state. I was shocked to see the bone coloured plastic as the original terminators (awful models) were blue.

FwqvJjc.jpg

I'm flattered, but I already created a "Bjorn Firewalker"

Maybe just Bjorn then. I only ever give marines one name in deference to the Soul Drinker novels.
Space Wolves are fun - I love sculpting hair and beards. I've done a few sculpted hairstyles for this army but nothing as hairy as SW conversions I used to do.
  • Brother Quixote likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raven Guard Successor, Painting and Modelling, ETL VI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users