So I'm looking at reigniting my Thousand Sons, something to keep me busy when not painting Blood Angels, and I read about these guys in the codex. 

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Silver_Sons

Their goals of collecting precious/rare metals with which they lace their amour and war machines appeals to me, and fits in with the original vision of my Thousand Sons army - the tenuous ally/slave Overlords of my Iron Warriors.

All I can find is the reference in the codex, which lists a warband known as 'The Nova Born', and some brief spiel in Wrath of Magnus.

I was wondering if anything else was known about them? Anything I've missed in any of the codex timelines?

Cult: Cult of Time

Exiles: Yes

Sect: The Silver Sons

Known Warbands: The Nova Born

Notable Sorcerers: ?

Segmentum(s) active in: Ultima Segmentum, Prospero Region, close proximity to Fenris, Armageddon, Catachan, The Maelstrom

Notable engagements:

Major engagement with Cult of Time vs Nephrekh Dynasty:

"In their battles with the Necrons of the Nephrekh Dynasty, the Silver Sons forged sigils that filled their Maulerfiends with a rapacious hunger for metal. The machine-beasts thundered through the enemy lines, tearing the metallic warriors limb from limb. Even when the Necrons reassembled themselves, the warp energy emanating from the slavering Daemon Engines caused them to reconstitute as twisted, inviable conglomerations of mismatching body parts."

"In their war with the Necrons of the Nephrekh Dynasty, the Silver Sons loose a quartet of Heldrakes upon a Tesseract Vault. The winged monstrosities tear the prison open, freeing the C’tan Shard within and allowing it to begin a years-long rampage through Nephrekh space."

Any light that can be shed on them is most welcome!

Edited by Xenith

47 views no response?

I think that tells me that there is no more available information on the Silver Sons, which also suits me fine. 

As an aside, is there a general prevalence of mutated vs non-mutated regarding Magnus faction TS and Exiles?

The exiles loathed the mutation more, and enacted the Rubric, but they would have possibly embraced mutation in the last few millennia, right?

The exiles loathed the mutation more, and enacted the Rubric, but they would have possibly embraced mutation in the last few millennia, right?

Being that M+A being on good terms again was mostly "hand waivium", I'd still think that most weren't in favor of the mutations still, more the rare few (like the Oracle in the trilogy). Even in the Magnus camp they weren't fully embraced (considering battle of the fang and the sorc with feathers).

Xenith, I think this is an opportunity to put as much dedication and creativity you’ve shown in the Blood Angels forum here.

My sect has apparently embraced their destiny, no longer following an exile’s path, but my models are still very light on beastmen, possessed, spawn etc.

I look forward to seeing your work here.

Xenith, I think this is an opportunity to put as much dedication and creativity you’ve shown in the Blood Angels forum here.

My sect has apparently embraced their destiny, no longer following an exile’s path, but my models are still very light on beastmen, possessed, spawn etc.

I look forward to seeing your work here.

Why thank you, those are kind words!

I've got my copy of the Kill Team rules and will likely make a start with 4 rubes and a sorcerer based on that. I dislike painting more than 5 power armour models at once...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely well done. Why the wolf cuirass, though?

Because he can.

Why wouldn't you steal the trophies of those ragged mongrels? Insult to injury.

All of the above. He either scavenged some wolf armour on Prospero, then got Rubric-ed, or a Sorcerer patched him up with wolf stuff after his mk4 was rent asunder, then the soul bound into the armour.

Any desecration of Space Wolf wargear is fine with me. 

There's some Thousand Son Space Wolf Possessed somewhere in my Chaos painting Log.

Edited by Xenith

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just like Ahriman, I'm raising this from the dead to point you at the latest addition to the Silver Sons in the WIP section:

gallery_58096_7835_690906.jpg

gallery_58096_7835_579131.jpg

I'm still enjoying this scheme, thought it needs a highlight. I'll be using the Citadel Colour app's reccomendations for Crimson Fist armour colour and highlights. I considered doing them all with contrasts, but I'd hate to have to go back and touch up mistakes on the main armour.

Still not 100% on the red eyes, but they're growing on me.

The colours come together neatly, are you sticking to the previous basing scheme for them?

Yes, I toyed with the idea of having them on runic bases/shattered dominion to look like wraithbone, but I think I want them to fit in with my Iron Warriors, basing wise, so theyre a unified army. Still open to the idea, though!

• 1 month later...

The colours come together neatly, are you sticking to the previous basing scheme for them?

Yes, I toyed with the idea of having them on runic bases/shattered dominion to look like wraithbone, but I think I want them to fit in with my Iron Warriors, basing wise, so theyre a unified army. Still open to the idea, though!

I think unified bases where it makes sense is best, all my Chaos armies have the same base scheme. If it works and looks good that works :thumbsup:

I looked back and wondered "Why not both?" I broke up chunks of the eldar runed milliput and stuck them into my normal basing scheme as decoration. I think it worked pretty well, and now the Scarabs pretty much done, barring a colour choice for the sorcerer's cape.

gallery_58096_7835_194989.jpg

Edited by Xenith