[AT] Grand Master edition, did we get shafted a bit? :/

Kastor Krieg

What I mean is the weapon cards. The GM edition was supposed to be a "contains one of everything" edition.

We've received 28 of them, most of them are single units, most of them for Reavers and Warhounds. There are TWO Warlords in the box that I need to arm with these, while the Warlord Weapon Card Pack contains:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Warlord-Weapons-Card-Pack-2018-eng

- 2 carapace mounted bolter array cards;

- 2 carapace mounted paired turbo laser destructor cards;

- 2 carapace mounted paired laser blaster cards;

- 2 carapace mounted paired gatling blaster cards;

- 2 carapace mounted apocalypse missile launcher cards;

- 4 arm mounted Belicosa volcano cannon cards;

- 4 arm mounted Sunfury plasma annihilator cards;

- 2 arm mounted Mori quake cannon cards;

- 3 arm mounted Arioch Titan power claw cards;

- 3 arm mounted macro-gatling blaster cards.

Instead, we only got 4 Bellicosas and 1 of everything else from the list above for TWO Warlords. Some doubles for Reavers, too. You can't really even make a mirror setup, not to mention double weapon setups. You need to buy that cards pack to have the full set of options.

When Reavers and Warhounds come out it will be the same, you will be able to "make do" with GM edition, but ultimately need to pay up for card packs for those as well.

All the GM edition description says is:

- 28 Titan Weapon cards: these double-sided cards are placed on the Titan Command Terminals in-game to keep track of the weaponry you’ve deployed, with one side showing the weapon characteristics, and the reverse showing that it is disabled;

and never mentions that most of those weapons are useless for the next two months AND unless you pay up for Reaver / Warhound models, which still be unoptimal, unless you pay up again for their sets of cards; while at the same time the Warlords you've paid up for? Still suboptimal, unless you pay up for the Warlord cards as well, right now.

Not cool, GW. I didn't pay through the nose for the top shelf edition to "make do" and have an incomplete set of goods.

Maybe the weapon expansion sets come with weapon cards? Not usual for GW, but it might be a good move on their part. Maybe not even as cards, but as a paper leaflet, as the datasheets that come/came? With AoS and 40k? kits?

Uh... you basically got a Warlord + some for free. So no.

In other words, I'd rather be shorted easily printed cards and have the extra models. I think you made out pretty well, I wish I could have gotten a box myself :(

You get 2 Apocalypse Missile Launcher cards in the GME or Rules set. This allows for a mirror setup of the 2 warlords included in the GME (only 1 card needed for the pair of launchers on the carapace).

Other weapons are only one of each though. At worst, nothing prevents you from writing down the profile of a specific weapon on a post-it.

Until the weapons upgrades are made available I would go for proxies, e;g. magnetised old titan weapons or 40K weapons of a similar type, adding colour markings to the current weapons to differentiate from wysiwyg (e.g. red marking on left arm belicosa = sunfury plasma or whatever weapon you choose). Although I prefer wysiwyg, I personally wouldn't mind going that road for the first few games, providing my opponent agrees of course.

Maybe the weapon expansion sets come with weapon cards? Not usual for GW, but it might be a good move on their part. Maybe not even as cards, but as a paper leaflet, as the datasheets that come/came? With AoS and 40k? kits?

AoS units get sold with their datacards so that could certainly be a possibility. I think that will definitely be the case for the more esoteric weapons made of resin. I hope it will also be the case for the plastic ones.

Archived