Base decorations affecting Line of Sight?

Wassa

How to base decorations affect Line of Sight?

I feel there are two possible answers:

1. Everything on the base counts as part of the model and line of sight can be blocked, drawn to, or drawn from any part of the model.
    The problem with this is when something large goes on the base that wasn't there originally (see picture below).
  2. Nothing apart from the original model counts as part of the model and it is counted as see through for line of sight purposes.
    The problem with this is that if you have 15 infantry models in the way with custom base decorations it can be a nightmare determining whether you would actually see through or not.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oMOKXa5wwXs/TVhocmF5vgI/AAAAAAAAA9E/vjLK1_tD144/s1600/MPLO%2Bleft%2Bside.JPG

The rules are fairly clear that any part of at least one model from the target unit must be visible to the firing model.

Beyond that, if you're having issues with scenic bases, I suggest you discuss with your opponent/gaming group/tournament organiser.

Claiming I cannot shoot your unit because he is behind the base of your flyer is gonna get you penalized under the pretense of "modeling for advantage".

In the case of the above image, the tree would just be ignored for all line of sight purposes. 

Archived