Making decision on Spartan allocation, looking for opinions

BrainFireBob

Frater, after 20 years in the hobby and an inability to throw anything away, I have first world problems!

I've had, for a number of years, an assembled but unpainted Spartan with Imperial Eagle LR doors.

My imperial marines are sitting somewhere comfortably north of 30k points, with 2 battle companies, a full 1st company, extensive armored support, etc.

For my imperial marines, it's my only FW model.

My Chaos marines, on the other hand, are also rocking a Fire Raptor and rapier battery, and I'm ordering up a contemptor dread. They are somewhere around 20k, split between Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Black Legion, Night Lords, and clocking in at three times the size of any other group, Iron Warriors.

There's a traitorous whisper in my mind that says "move the Spartan to your IW, you only have 2 LRs and 25 IW terminators". There's another voice that says "For the Emperor". There's a third voice that says "Only buy one stupid FW index but waste the money on those eagle doors?"...

Persuade me, fraters! Where does the Spartan go!?

I think it would look amazing with Iron Warriors, and it really fits them well.

I'm a big fan of the Spartan, and I think that Chaos have the tools to get the most out of it.

The eagle doors would not be wasted on iron warriors, just in need of a bit of work. Traitors sometimes keep using smashed and defiled imperial insignia, just make them look suitably abused.

Maybe chain a loyalist corpse (Imperial Fist?) over one as well for good measure

Archived