How old are you?

old git

Quiet at work on night shift so thoughts turn to random stuff. As my user name might suggest I'm somewhat mature. I've been gaming for over 30 years, mostly GW stuff but with a smattering of other systems thrown in now and again. I still have the same enthusiasm as I did when I was first hooked and I'm now at the crusty old age of 57.

Anyone else care to share?

Goddammit Cryptix, stop reminding me that I'm not one of the youngest people in this hobby so some references and benchmarks don't make sense :tongue.:  I jest, I jest. 

YEAAAAAAh, Born in the '80's!  The, uh, late 80's... the latest 80's... 29 here! 

Post Scriptum; I just didn't want to break that '82 chain.  But, I did get into the hobby when I was 7 (with Ultramarines, of course) so I still got more than 20 years experience.  

Goddammit Cryptix, stop reminding me that I'm not one of the youngest people in this hobby so some references and benchmarks don't make sense :tongue.:  I jest, I jest. 

YEAAAAAAh, Born in the '80's!  The, uh, late 80's... the latest 80's... 29 here! 

Post Scriptum; I just didn't want to break that '82 chain.  But, I did get into the hobby when I was 7 (with Ultramarines, of course) so I still got more than 20 years experience.  

I'll catch up to you in a couple of months, does it depress you too that we will be 30 next year?

I'll catch up to you in a couple of months, does it depress you too that we will be 30 next year?

-looks around and thinks about the question and sighs- yeeeeees.  Reyner, dude, you know it.  Kinda scary, eh?  It's that point where everyone gets to ask, "The hell happened to the last decade?!" you do a quick bit of math and realize what year it is and suddenly things make a lot less sense than they did a few seconds before.  And being born in the 80's I still have that  "hah, 90's kids don't drive cars, I'm so much older and cooler than them"  Sorry Cryptix, Pearson, Dosjetka, sfPanzer, it's a hardwired petulant 80's response from junior highschool :tongue.:  Sad thing is that my nephew is 2 years younger than me to the day, but I still feel the need to be able to lord something like this over him. 

Oh, and happy soon-to-be birthday Dragonlover!  And you too Aqui

Hmm, y'know NiceGuyAdi, I kinda wonder about that.  I mean I didn't get a cell or social media anything until I was in my 20's ( rural reception) and the soundtrack to my nightmares is still Jaws and dial up modems.  But I kinda wondered if I was more the exception. 

No probs, Vykes. I very recently spent a weekend gaming with some B&C members and made sure they were aware that the youngest of them is a decade older than I am during the entire event. Fun times. :teehee:

Hah!  Man, right on there Dosjetka!  I kinda know the feeling: one editor I had on a project was about a decade younger than me too.  I was simultaneously impressed, humiliated, and horrified that I had a minor in English lit, he had English AP from high school :P 

Archived