How old are you?

old git

When someone asks me this in RL, I respond with 'What year is it?'

This. I'm from '82
As am I.

As am I.

As am I.

As am I. And my birthday was two days ago.

Similar vintage - clock turned over in June for me, Lots of us here!

Some of y’all are making me feel old! :lol:

40 is the final milestone! - and I am of two minds on it: “I’m much too young to feel this damn old” and “I’m too old for this :cuss”. The latter especially when my little one starts running around me wanting to be picked up or wants to see what Daddy’s “playing with” (because it’s paint, so obviously you play with it, it won’t stain anything, “Why are you mad at me? I didn’t spill that...” and an X-acto blade can’t take out anyone’s eye), etc.

But that’s the last age to be acknowledged. :lol:

Apparently I’m right on the average here at 34.

Sometimes I wonder with kids, full time work, a house, etc (that silly thing people call “Real Life”), if I’m past my prime with this hobby, especially when I go days without having time to touch my models. Then this thread pops up and I see I’m most definitely not! Thanks everyone :D

33 here. My previous blood Bowl league used to span from 20 to 72 years old players, with our ranking veteran the meanest chaos dwarf coach I've ever seen, and his comment to our youngest member : my orc team is older than you, lad :D

1953. I'll be 65 in three months. Yeah, really. I actually look like my icon, except blue jeans and a flannel shirt. And my cane is cooler than the one in the picture.

I think I'm the oldest so far. Does that mean I get some respect? :lol: Nah, didn't think so.

Your icon looks like Prunella Frump (Granny) from Battlelords of the 23rd Century.

Most of the people here are youngins!  I'm 51 - I've been painting longer than most of you have been alive. :D

The friend who introduced me to this hobby sadly passed away but he had been in it a few years when I met him in my late 20s and he used to go to GW (maybe citadel them days) in Nottingham and they would cast to order whilst you waited. He got me my first models  - Lord of the rings hobbits.

I turn 30 later this year and am slightly amazed, impressed and amused that there are people here who’ve been doing this longer than I’ve been alive. ;)

Here’s to you, you old gits! I dearly hope to be one of you some day. :)

Born in ‘72. Haven’t freaked out too much about turning 46 but would be in a happier state of mind if HR hadn’t reminded me that I’m in a “protected” age group now. I think they took it well when I stuck my tongue out and told them I was rubber and they were glue.

Archived