How old are you?

old git

I'm 32 and thoroughly thrilled to see so many oldies on here! I'll have to show this to my wife to prove I'm not the only grown up who plays with plastic army men!

32 is not one of the oldies!

Aye, he's barely out of his traning fangs. One day he will make a good Longfang.

I'm 32 and thoroughly thrilled to see so many oldies on here! I'll have to show this to my wife to prove I'm not the only grown up who plays with plastic army men!

32 is not one of the oldies! 

Indeed!  I'm old enough to have children of age 32. :teehee:

When someone asks me this in RL, I respond with 'What year is it?'

This. I'm from '82
As am I.

As am I.

As am I.

As am I. And my birthday was two days ago.

Similar vintage - clock turned over in June for me, Lots of us here!

add another. 

51 (I'm 3 weeks younger than Sergeant Pepper, and 3 months older than The Jungle Book - 1967 was great)

Been gaming since high school, all sorts of systems over the years - think we started with home brew rules for 1:72 Airfix tanks, then moved on to Panzer Leader* thinking it would be similar. Oh were we wrong... https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2639/panzer-leader

First GW game was Judge Dredd RPG about '85-86 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd:_The_Role-Playing_Game

(still haven't painted all the figures :biggrin.: ), as I've read 2000AD since it came out in '77.

Never really did Space Marines until 3ed came out, when I bought a couple of boxes of RTB01 and painted them red. And here I am now

* it may not have been exactly Panzer Leader, but it was some hex and tile affair - thought it was Panzer Grenadier, but that came out in 2000 and it was way before then

51 (I'm 3 weeks younger than Sergeant Pepper, and 3 months older than The Jungle Book - 1967 was great)

Been gaming since high school, all sorts of systems over the years - think we started with home brew rules for 1:72 Airfix tanks, then moved on to Panzer Leader* thinking it would be similar. Oh were we wrong... https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2639/panzer-leader

First GW game was Judge Dredd RPG about '85-86 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd:_The_Role-Playing_Game

(still haven't painted all the figures :biggrin.: ), as I've read 2000AD since it came out in '77.

Never really did Space Marines until 3ed came out, when I bought a couple of boxes of RTB01 and painted them red. And here I am now

* it may not have been exactly Panzer Leader, but it was some hex and tile affair - thought it was Panzer Grenadier, but that came out in 2000 and it was way before then

Was it Panzer Blitz? (Wikipedia entry)

Elvis and John Wayne died when I was a kid.

Edit: Added John Wayne.

You forgot about Bruce Lee.:sad.:

I didn't mention that I'm 46. I've got to see the development of nerd culture; both online and through gaming. I got to play late 70s early 80s d and d. I own the first warhammer, rogue trader, and WHFRPG, among many others.

It's nice being in the hobby now; the rules are better, the models are better, and the community has expanded and is more accepted. I'm enjoying introducing my children to the joys of the hobby.

When someone asks me this in RL, I respond with 'What year is it?'

This. I'm from '82
As am I.

As am I.

Me too, I bought my first issue of WD back in January 1996, at the age of 13. I feel older than my years due to poor health and my eye sight ain't what it used to be, just sat down for my first modelling session since emperor knows when, and got so frustrated by simply removing mold lines from some tac marine bits I had sitting in a container after clipping them off the sprue Months ago. Looks like its off to the optometrist in the near future for updated glasses. Any of our more venerable members got any tips for dealing with not being able to see properly? I've got a 8× magnification desk lamp, which helps, but things are still a little blurred.

40 with the body of a fat 70 year old.

Same, got a bad knee, I've been putting off going to the audiologist for hearing aids as my workmates are getting sick of may saying pardon, what was that you just said and can you repeat that please, and just booked an appointment for the optometrist

Lungs of an 80 year old coal miner from the pack and half I smoke each day and I'm four years your junior too, if could go back back twenty years I'd slap myself upside the head for the life style choices I was beginning to make, lol, but 16 year olds aren't the most rational of people, so it probably wouldn't have made a difference. Sigh.

...Any of our more venerable members got any tips for dealing with not being able to see properly? I've got a 8× magnification desk lamp, which helps, but things are still a little blurred.

Optivisor, hands down.

...Any of our more venerable members got any tips for dealing with not being able to see properly? I've got a 8× magnification desk lamp, which helps, but things are still a little blurred.

Optivisor, hands down.

Thankyou, I'll look into that.

I second this it makes things much easier.

...I'm pretty nearsighted but have to take my glasses off to work on detail on minis.  will this help someone like me?

We're wandering off topic and the mods have heavy weapons. :lol: I'll do a review of the Optivisor sometime tomorrow in the General PCA Questions forum.

...I'm pretty nearsighted but have to take my glasses off to work on detail on minis. will this help someone like me?

We're wandering off topic and the mods have heavy weapons. :lol: I'll do a review of the Optivisor sometime tomorrow in the General PCA Questions forum.
Cheers that would be great, I've looked into the optivisor a ltttle since you mentioned it, but not in any great depth. I'll be sure to check out your review and if I have any questions I'll ask in that thread, as like you day its a little off topic for this thread.

Archived