How old are you?

old git

I'm 32 and thoroughly thrilled to see so many oldies on here! I'll have to show this to my wife to prove I'm not the only grown up who plays with plastic army men!

32 is not one of the oldies!

Aye, he's barely out of his traning fangs. One day he will make a good Longfang.

Training Fangs!!! Brilliant!!! Hahaha

I'm 33 and my first ever Warhammer purchase was plastic Khorne Berzerkers box back in 1998 (I think). Funny to think that Berzerkers are still that same kit. :biggrin.:

So close, brother! My first kit was a 5 pack of Chaos Space Marines back in 97/98, closely followed the the 2nd ed. Big Box. I thought their exhaust packs were jump packs, because of how they stuck out to the side so much. Funny how retcons have a way of vindicating you...

51 (I'm 3 weeks younger than Sergeant Pepper, and 3 months older than The Jungle Book - 1967 was great)

Been gaming since high school, all sorts of systems over the years - think we started with home brew rules for 1:72 Airfix tanks, then moved on to Panzer Leader* thinking it would be similar. Oh were we wrong... https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2639/panzer-leader

First GW game was Judge Dredd RPG about '85-86 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd:_The_Role-Playing_Game

(still haven't painted all the figures :biggrin.: ), as I've read 2000AD since it came out in '77.

Never really did Space Marines until 3ed came out, when I bought a couple of boxes of RTB01 and painted them red. And here I am now

* it may not have been exactly Panzer Leader, but it was some hex and tile affair - thought it was Panzer Grenadier, but that came out in 2000 and it was way before then

Was it Panzer Blitz? (Wikipedia entry)

I do believe you're right, Tyler. Cheers for prodding the ageing grey cells into action :D

• 2 weeks later...

46 (Born in 1972 when Deep Purple released "Machine Head")

Started with model kits 30 years ago (a model of a ferrari car was the first one then switched to planes and tanks) then started to paint miniatures some years later to use them in D&D (i am a player of RPG since i was 14) and when 40k 2nd edition arrived i started playing too so next year will be 25 years of wargaming ;)

32, got in to the hobby when I was 12. Although I may have not had much opportunity to play over the last 10 years of having to adult, i've always kept up with the lore and background - 40k is my favourite 'scifi' setting by a country mile.

Born in 1972 so 46 years young :wink:

Started with RPG:s 1983 and 1988 a friend of mine shoved me a couple of beekies :wub: been hooked since then

Have not been playing actively since third ed. but have always been collecting, modding and reading. If family time allows it I hopefully can field 8 knights with some ground support in 2019 :smile.:

30!

I started when I was 11/12, played for a few years, then gave up when we discovered drink and girls!

Just restarted last year after being dragged back in by a friend. Dusted off my old relics, but to be honest I'm too embarassed to play with most of them as the build and paint quality is terrible compared to my newer stuff.

I am 64.   VBG    Played with our sons when they were much younger.    I think it was 2nd or 3rd edition.    I still buy new SM items and build them but rarely  finish painting.    Helped one son with his Space wolves ( he is 32 now)   and other son Tau ( he is 27).    We used go to GWS store in Forest Hills Queens  or the one in Manhattan.    Sons played at Grass hopper LI for a few years then stopped.     I have parts of 4 ultramarine Companies plus about 50 Primaris marines  to build and paint.    Also an Imperial gaurd armored company I never really started.     Wife wants me to sell all the unbuilt stuff in closet plus stuff on my work desk for WH40K.    

Twenty-six. Been collecting since 98/99 after my dad brought a space marine bike set home one day, and that kicked off with the old five-man combat squad set and the 3rd ed starter. The awesomely gothic art in that period was the gallery to my life growing up! :biggrin.:

I was born in the dying months of M2.980. Some of my friends at high school were interested in 40K; one who lived near me collected Eldar, another Space Marines.

At that age, I was only interested in Warhammer Fantasy Battle, though. I didn't become interested in 40K until this decade.

I started collecting and painting with a copy of Assault on Black Reach that I bought when it was current, but didn't actually really touch until 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost 31 and a half!

Glad to see I'm pretty much dead in the center of the standard distribution.

Discovered the hobby from a friend with Hero/WH Quest and 2nd ed 40k. I bought my first models in 3.5 ed era. Never looked back.

Archived