Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How old are you?

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 604 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,009 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Hatched two days after Jimmy Hendrix died, so ‘middle aged’.
Still doing chin-ups better than all my younger gamer crowd. (When I’m not injured due to ‘old age’ symptoms. :lol:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz, 21 October 2018 - 08:59 AM.

• Greenz likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_4664_5295_5937.gifETL_VI_Badge_Titanicus.jpgPtR_Black_Pearl_Badge____Shield.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gif

Stobz'z DAngles

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

I'm 38.  Married father of four.  I started 40K right when 5th edition dropped in 2008.  I actually got into gaming at 10 or so with FASA Star Trek and then Star Fleet Battles.  Then Magic the Gathering until I went to college.  I had seen 40k since going to Gen Con in the mid-90s but never tried it until 2008.  Still love the hobby.

• Montford and Zebulon like this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Knight_Commander

Knight_Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors/Imperial Army

I'm 17. Got started with 40k in middle school, graduated to HH last year 

Am I the youngest so far?

Edited by Knight_Commander, 28 October 2018 - 04:54 PM.

Watcher in the Dark

Watcher in the Dark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,247 posts
  • Faction: Steel Chargers

35 here.  Was introduced to 40k when the models were made of lead, 2nd edition.  Was out of the hobby until recently when I realized I needed a creative outlet.  Now I'm back.

Still have some of those old lead models, too.

• Zebulon likes this

Flint&Steel

Flint&Steel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 937 posts

46, father of 2 (girl-10, boy-8). Havent played in more than a decade, almost sold of a lot of unpainted stuff, but decided recently to try the "first strike" box.

Hope to have some fun games with the youngest, see how it will go from there. I have no intention to let him take up this... "habit". But we'll see I guess  biggrin.png.

He can always pick up Bloodbowl, I've never stopped playing that game. Will go to "Dornbin" next year, too. rolleyesclean.gif

Edited by Flint&Steel, 29 October 2018 - 12:13 PM.

This is not the signature you are looking for. Move along.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 174 posts

36 and my son is 10. 

I started playing back in school when I was 13 with a friend who had 4 armies (I wasn't allowed to have my own - too much money). Would have been around 1995 (ish) so not sure what edition that was. 

Edited by happyslugger, 29 October 2018 - 12:24 PM.

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR

Jareddm

Jareddm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,107 posts

30.  Got into 40k at the start of 5th edition in undergrad, so just a little past 10 years of involvement.  I can't say I have much of a connection to the older stuff but I've certainly tried to scour every codex, source book, and novel I could find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users