AT Sprues are genius

I am lucky (ok well I got a big boy job) to have bought a grandmaster box. I’ve started building my first Warlord...and hoo boy the sprues are absolute heaven. For a majority of the build I’ve been able to pull off one sprue alone. Case in point - all the armor sections to paint separately are on a different sprue than the chassis, whereas all the weapons are on the third sprue.

Have to give credit where it’s due, whomever designed the sprues for the warlords was a genius. It sounds so basic a concept, but it must be understandably hard to configure such a thing to make it efficient.

Hats off to them!

I think there is one minor flaw in terms of how one of the feeds(or whatever the bit that connects the parts to the rest of the Sprue) on the outer shoulder armor goes into the middle of a tiny/tight concave curve so it's really hard to fit the snippers around it to cut(and these are GW's branded ones to boot! you'd think they'd design the sprues around that thing), on top of the issues of cleaning up the nub on said concave curve.

but besides that little bit of frustration, it is a great kit when compared to the Knights and Armigers I've assembled.

I hate building vehicles but really loved building the Warlord. I hope the other Titans follow that design process.

Now if they could fix the buildings so it's easier to build a long wall that would be great. Why make corners super easy with slots that line up then ignore it for the other way to build it?

-Noctem Cultor

One of my warlord endoskeleton sprues was quite warped and i was worried about it going together, but other than having to hold one bit longer as it glued there's been no trouble and it's an amazing experience assembling it. It's so well engineered. Though posing the legs dynamically and especially getting the ankles right so all the pistons and plates would sit right was a challenge but the effect is certainly worth it.

Archived