Fulgrim? Speculative theory

Mendi Warrior

I initially thought this

Leaning towards a much larger version of the centipede-type unknown creature running down the back of Snazzgar cloak

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Moonclan-Grots-Snazzgar-Stinkmullett-2018

but then

Well i could be mistaken about the plates bein too far apart to be fulgrim.....hmmmmmmmm

6saz0ma.jpg

And as I do like puzzles and scenarios, I had a look into some of the rumour engine teasers that are yet to be solved and here is my speculative theory about Fulgrim. Please apply an appropriate amount of salt.

Fulgrim's belly? Or the back of his tail? 

Add to this the sword in the teaser of June 5
June5-RumourEngine1ugx.jpg

And you get something like this

This is the Epic model of Fulgrim, Chaos Daemon of Slaanesh

My initial thought regarding the sword was Eldar, it is curvy and there are some kind of gemstones on it, but a little bit more twisted and evil looking to be Eldar. Looking at another model, I find some similarities in the weapon of the Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount (curvy with gemstones) https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Lord-of-Slaanesh-on-Daemonic-Mount reinforcing my idea that the sword is a Slaanesh-related item.

I would be tempted to believe the teasers from July 24 and 31 are also both related to Fulgrim, but I am less confident than for the ones here above.
The teaser of July 24 makes me think of a helm with some kind of scaly adornment to the left and right, similar to what is seen in the teaser of July 31 which I would put somewhere near the model's base. The markings on it reminds me of the ones on the daemonette's claws, something which was already pointed out by several people if not mistaken. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Daemonettes-of-Slaanesh-2017

July24-RumourEngine6qdo.jpg

July31-RumourEngine8hex.jpg

Curious to see ...

The sword could indeed be Genestealer cult, there is one quite close in the Acolyte Hybrids set.

I am really curious to see as its curvature nicely matches the one on the Epic model of Fulgrim and I would not be surprised to see some kind of a false positive with GW teasing something very close to but eventually different (maybe some subconscious wishful thinking involved as well :biggrin.: ).

Fingers crossed.

The reason i don't think the image at the top is Fulgrim is because of the non-uniformity of the plates. Fulgrim (and the EC's in general) whole shtick is perfection, and those are rough, uneven and chipped. Compare against Morathi where every scale is perfectly uniform, and even against the image of the two longer rows of scales posted at the end of the OP; GW has the tech to recreate the Fulgrim of that art image, right down to the deliberate, sharp lines on the carapace, so the only reason the chitin plates in the top image are rough is because they were specifically designed that way, which to me suggests it's NOT Fulgrim. And the sword is 100% Genestealer Cult.

That said, I do believe Fulgrim is coming this year, just that these specific images do not all point to him.

The reason i don't think the image at the top is Fulgrim is because of the non-uniformity of the plates. Fulgrim (and the EC's in general) whole shtick is perfection, and those are rough, uneven and chipped. Compare against Morathi where every scale is perfectly uniform, and even against the image of the two longer rows of scales posted at the end of the OP; GW has the tech to recreate the Fulgrim of that art image, right down to the deliberate, sharp lines on the carapace, so the only reason the chitin plates in the top image are rough is because they were specifically designed that way, which to me suggests it's NOT Fulgrim. And the sword is 100% Genestealer Cult.

That said, I do believe Fulgrim is coming this year, just that these specific images do not all point to him.

Their sense if perfection and uniformity is flawed and twisted due to Slaanesh. You don't need to look any further than WH community banner for them at the CSM codex release.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/40kLegionFocus_EmpChi_Banner8csv.jpg

Only one I'd disagree with is the sword which is almost certainly from a gsc model. Also the claw we saw is definitely from a mutant from the rogue trader box.

I'll keep everything crossed though :D

The claw we saw doesn’t match any of the models from Rogue Trader.

Their sense if perfection and uniformity is flawed and twisted due to Slaanesh. You don't need to look any further than WH community banner for them at the CSM codex release.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/40kLegionFocus_EmpChi_Banner8csv.jpg

Okay, but even in that image, the armour is all well defined lines and patterns, just in an asymmetric style. There's no obvious damage or roughness to it as shown in the image at the top of the thread. So i'll stick with my previous assertion; Fulgrim is coming, but this isn't him.

The first pic really doesn't fit the artwork. Fulgrim has a single row of scales on his front and the rumour engine pic looks like the scales would go all the way around the body.

I'll stick with AoS Grot release.

And yeah the sword is 110% GSC.

Here's a nice speculative thought.

We still don't have an Ynnari release.  Ynnari coming out at around the same time as Slaanesh would make a lot of sense.  That could definitely point towards a big coming release and make the Slaanesh/Fulgrim rumors have a bit more weight behind them.

We still don't have an Ynnari release.  Ynnari coming out at around the same time as Slaanesh would make a lot of sense.  That could definitely point towards a big coming release and make the Slaanesh/Fulgrim rumors have a bit more weight behind them.

I like that thought. I have kept an eye out on AoS concerning developments on Slaanesh's situation there, and with the buildup to their 2nd Edition in Malign portents, it was revealed that the elf factions were "fishing" souls out of Slaanesh, but Morathi was taking more than she was permitted, and slowly throwing Slaanesh's prison off balance. She also said something that implied that if the portents came to pass, Slaanesh would be freed. And as far as I know they did pass, even if the Skaven tampered with Nagash's plan, it still went off.

What I mean by this is that there are moves being made on Slaanesh in both settings, and they both have something to do with Elves and Death. I personally doubt any of these teasers have anything to do with Slaanesh (yes, even the weird one everyone says it's a Noise Marine helmet), but something's being set up, lore wise. Slaanesh is coming, whether or not that comes before or after World Eaters, that's something we'll have to see.

Well if the make a box Ynnari vs Emperor's Children and after multiple new units for both faction with separate codex.

AND new Slaanesh Daemon for AoS and 40k : it would be my bigger warhammernerdgasme. 

Archived