If you could be any character from the 40K universe.........

Axineton

Some schmuck on a peaceful backworld far removed from any battlefront whose biggest fears are whether the rains will fall at the right time and whether the voxnet will keep streaming my favorite fantasy show about Space Marines and xenos.

I don't really think primordial warp forces like Khorne or Slaanesh count as "character from the 40k universe" lol

tell that to all the species that worship/fear them. Even if they aren't characters, being Fulgrim or another suitably powerful daemon prince(ss) of slaanesh would still be great. Serve the god of excess and decadence, have lots of cults/followers looking out for me, do what ever I want, etc.

Does mad count?

although knowing my real world religious leanings* .... i'd end up as a penitent engine :sad.:.... if I was lucky and not executed for heresy!!!!

rather ironic seen as I play Sisters :tongue.:

*some where between atheist, agnostic and pagan....

My last name's only one letter off Yarrick (which I only realised a couple of months ago after over a decade in the hobby... wow....) and he's so tough he puts Space Marines to shame.

Apart from that... who's ever going to get a happy ending in 40k? Maybe an Evil Suns Ork Warboss so I can spend my time driving around in ridiculously fast cars and then sometimes fight (which as an Ork I would enjoy).

Definitely not a Space Wolf of the Iron Wolves Great Company. I think they've been destroyed three times in the last year or so...?

Ciaphas Cain, seriously, between his good fortune and sense of self preservation he's managed to survive everything that the galaxy has thrown at him, all the while being recognized as an imperial hero as well as wining the heart of beautiful xenos inquisitor.

Edit: :cuss ing auto correct, lol.

If I'm being totally honest, I fall pretty comfortably in the camp of "A upper-class Imperial citizen on an out-of-the-way planet." For all the grimdark in the story, there are plenty of people in the Imperium who live a comfortable 150 year life and die without ever seeing a battlefield.

If I'm being ambitious, some kind of Sorcerer? Maybe a radical Inquisitor?

An Imperial Knight.

A member of a glorious lineage, who strides into battle clad in a Knight suit with thunderous weapons, brilliant heraldry, and a noble history of quests undertaken and foes slain.

When not fighting alongside my peers, I would partake in traditions that have persisted for centuries, tales and tasks of noble rule and honest deeds.

When, at last, I succumbed to the foe or retired peacefully, my name would become part of the House's legends and my duty would end with knowing that I had served the Emperor well.

And there's always the giant stompy robots.

Hmmm......:happy.: So many choices. I suppose it's the life of a space marine for me..... and if I could choose a chapter it would be the Iron Snakes of Ithaka...… aaaand if I could be any character it would be Brother Sergeant Priad of Notable Damocles Squad. Well respected, in the prime of life (very young for a sergeant of a notable squad), super human, bolter in one hand, power claw in the other, doing the Emperor's work at the head of nine brave brothers of the Ithacan Phratry. That rather appeals to me.:yes:

ooooor……

Perhaps the ultimate retirement job as Venerable Dreadnought Autolochus might fit me even better. Sure, there's a lot of pain involved in being a dread, but at my age I collect new pains like it was a hobby...… and it's a simple life..... brief, brisk outings with my brother Iron Snakes followed by long naps in my cryo-chamber on Karybdis….along with my hobby of collecting new pains, I like naps:wink:

Any ork boy, nob, or war boss. You have no fear of death; only the worry of not gettin' stuck in, going fast or having enuff dakka. You don't care how long you'll live, only how many heads you get to krump in a good old fight.

As part of the only race genuinely enjoying themselves in the 41st millennium, you win. You win.

Lion el’Jonson. Sleeping away the grim darkness of the far future for 10,000 years and counting.

When I finally wake up, I’ll have breakfast served to me by my little Jawa servants and read the newest issue of the Galactic Herald. Won’t I be surprised!?

I’ll get my best black/green armor on, take my helmet from the nice guy who’s been holding it for so long and go get my damn sword off the jerk who took it all those years ago.

Then I’ll have nice new rules (thanks GW), nice new toys (thanks Cawl), and a resurrection mechanic thanks to Yvrainne.

Going to finish it up with a nice long chat with my cobalt clad brother dearest, before going to kick the smelly brother and the weirdo brother right in the Imperial jewels.

Archived