Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Mobile XIV

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 518 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Since my last tournament and reviewing many battle reports, I've been playing with lots of different combinations of units. I know on paper my final list doesn't look like a competitive one, but it actually performs very well. I admit it has to played a certain way or it falls apart, so it all comes down to keeping with my game plan and not letting my opponents disrupt that.

Vanguard Detachment
DP w/talons and suppurating plate
Sorcerer in Terminator Armour w/force axe and combo-bolter (Arch-Contaminator)
10 Blightlords w/6 combo-bolters and bubotic axes, 2 blight launchers and bubotic axes, and 2 flails
Foetid Bloat-drone w/2 spitters
Foetid Bloat-drone w/2 spitters
3 Myphtic Blight-haulers
Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachment
Renegade Knight w/2 avenger gattling cannons, ironstorm missile pod, and heavy stubber

It comes out to 2000 points with 4 CP. With limited CP I have to use them strategically and not waste them. Without my plague bus there aren't too many I need and in today's environment my opponents can't get many off of me.

wulfgar hammerfist

wulfgar hammerfist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,278 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

This looks like a good list.  The terminators are a unit that can cause a lot of trouble for your opponent and can't be ignored.  I'm not 100% sold on the MBHs but if they work for you, roll with it.  

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,523 posts
I see the inspiration behind the list and your own touches in it . It doesn’t seem like you are posting for advice, so I will wish you luck and as usual we’d love to see the batreps!

Interesting list and that’s definitely the loadout of the Knight I would take.

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 518 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I am always looking for advise/questions/comments, I've learned a lot coming to these boards as everyone adds something.

I wanted a low drop count with some fast stuff. I move up and shoot with MBH's and try to advance with the DP and drones to hopefully get them in fire range of something (mostly scouts first turn). Shoot chaff with knight clearing the way for turn 2.
Turn 2 move up again and drop in the rest. When I keep everything close together (minus the knight) and sharing auras I've had no issues. It's when I've spread out it hasn't gone well with for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users