Acolyte hybrids or hybrid metamorphs?

I have been looking at this dual kit and I think that I must be missing something.

The acolytes can take 2 power fist style weapons for every 5 models, have 2 attacks base and are troops (therefore help the battalion).

Metamorphs have 3 attacks base, but can't get access to the power fists and are elites where they are up against aberrants and the purestrain genestealers.

Has anyone found any use for the metamorphs? Am I overplaying the strenght of the acolytes?

I haven’t really found a use for Metamorphs myself. More attacks but the Hybrids already do fine. I think the only Metamorphs I have were because of 7e’s Formations.

It's good to know that I haven't managed to skip over and dismiss a super powerful unit!

I have 2 sprues worth of acolytes (10 models worth) I was planning on making 2 rock saws and probably 2 rock drills is this too much heavy weaponry in a small squad?

What size units are people running?

The *only* possible reason would be if you want/need to put your "men" in transports. 10 ´morphs do more damage to may targets than 10 acolytes. But point for point the acolytes outprefom metamorphs, and stealers outpreform them both (other than filling troops in battalions).

I hope and expect the metamorphs to interact with some stratagem in the gsc-codex or that they get a complete rework of how their unique weapons work?

Purestrains are just better in almost every way than both.

Only exception is the acolyte heavy weapons, which are useful againsy heavy targets but are also often outperformed by aberrants with hammers.

Offensively there both okay but they suck defensively and that's where stealers are just way better for an extra 4 pts.

RIght now, Acolytes are better in terms of play, they have less attacks whit rending claws but have better special weapons and demolition charges!. Metamorps have more loveable apearence for me, more character whit the strange mutations, so i build mine in Metamorph fasion. I can use them in the way i need, in one game they are Acolytes and if i want i use them like Metamorphs.

Archived