Primaris Aggressor Upgraded

Kicking off work on my Primaris Marines with some conversion work on my Aggressors.  

968831_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

968829_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

968830_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

After seeing some other conversions using Taurox barrels I wanted to replace my Aggressors boltstorm barrels with something a bit more dynamic. I had some spare Red Dog Minis autocannons laying around so I tried a test fit and decided that they paired up quite well.

The modification is pretty simple, first I removed the boltstorm barrels on each arm along with the small secondary rod that is right next to it being careful not to damage the lip that helps form the knuckle of the power fist. Once that was removed I carefully scraped and filed the surface so it was flat.

968823_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

968824_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

I removed the forward section of the autoncannons with a jewelry saw, then using a knife and file to clean up the backside making sure it was flat and level. Then I simply glued them in place. Even if your model is already built the barrels are easy to remove and upgrade.

968825_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

968827_md-Primaris%20Aggressor%20Convers

IMO it gives them a much more aggressive and threatening profile and also looks like it can pump out the withering amount of bolter fire that the ammo feed belts would suggest.

Boltstorm gauntlets are an odd pair, for instance I like your conversion it really emphasizes the ranged firepower but while doing so I get this nagging thought of how unwieldy it would be to fight in CC with those barrels eclipsing the fists.

I get this nagging thought of how unwieldy it would be to fight in CC with those barrels eclipsing the fists.

Good to know I'm not the only one who noticed. Boltstorm chainfists might be a better option, especially if some kind of muzzle brake/handguard is added, to prevent foreign objects- the enemy's torn flesh and shattered bones- from obstructing the gun barrels. Any takers?

Boltstorm gauntlets are an odd pair, for instance I like your conversion it really emphasizes the ranged firepower but while doing so I get this nagging thought of how unwieldy it would be to fight in CC with those barrels eclipsing the fists.

I think the Rule of Cool wins out, as long as its a common Rule across the rest of the army. 

And anyhow, the Power fist is superposed to be a weapon that grabs and rips, and I cans still see that working. As much as it works on another Power fist. 

Archived