What Would You Like To See From The Scouring?

bluntblade

Lots of scope for whole worlds being put to the sword due to ongoing doubts about thier loyalty based on flimsy, circumstantial (deliberately planted?) evidence .. also working out whta to do with the 'new' knowledge about the Warp, daemons, chaos etc. that these Imperial servants now must acknowledge and collect and deploy as necessary.

The Ecclesiarchy's rise in the aftermath of the Imperial Truth as a very recent - even still enforced in some places, no doubt - thing. 

Working out what to do about Blackshields; local regional commanders who may have remained loyal but be too 'brashly' independent ; 

that usual air of pathos and tragedy inherent in forces which *are* demonstrably loyal being executed, killed in less official ways {"ork snipers" you say..} etc. because their ongoing existence is "inconvenient" ... 

This is something I hadn't really considered but there's interesting potential there. A century or two's worth of Order 66-style affairs as inconvenient truths are hidden away and forces that don't fit into the new imperium getting sidelined and 'removed' by new bodies like the inquisition. It seems some did quietly survive in some form - the Death Eagles and other fan-speculated chapters that began life as renegade forces from traitor legions by a fresh lick of paint (under the auspices of a primarch, perhaps?) - but by no means all.

I suspect this would be better dealt with through a pseudo-historical approach rather than narrative fiction. 'Here is where the shadowy paper trail of this force disappears' and so forth.

It's a time of all out war where everywhere the enemies of mankind sought to capitalise on humanity's weakness.

That's a scope for a lot of new material. New enemies, new races, new battles we've never heard of... and I think we ALL want to read about the Iron Cage.

And the destruction of the Traitor Legion strongholds. In particular the Iron Warriors and Night Lords had to be driven out.

A tastefully done examination of the politics between Dorn, Russ, and Guilliman. Guilliman pushing for his reforms, Dorn refusing to change from the Emperor’s original vision, and Russ pushing for the empire to be broken apart between the remaining Primarchs. Very little battles and combat. Almost purely intrigue and exposition.

I'm just waiting for that moment when Vulkan talks to Guilliman about how he has like fourty kids left and Guilliman wants to break them up into chapters.

Guilliman: It has to be done. We need to prevent another war like that from happening.

Vulkan: Brother, do you see the teleporter on my hip?

Guilliman: Yes.....what about it?

Vulkan: It's also a hammer.

Guilliman whilst nervously sweating: Ok, ok, your kids are exempt from the rule.

Traitor Blackshields from Loyalist Legions

And for a Chaos Warband to form up from these Chaos Blackshields that survive up the M42 Millenium

The Black Legion

The BL is a Traitor Legion though

Need more diversity in the Traitor ranks

Plus, a 10k year old Chaos Warband that would wreck multiple Loyalist Chapters would balance out the Protagonist Plot Armor of the Loyal Space Marines

Traitor Blackshields from Loyalist Legions

And for a Chaos Warband to form up from these Chaos Blackshields that survive up the M42 Millenium

The Black Legion
The BL is a Traitor Legion though

Need more diversity in the Traitor ranks

Plus, a 10k year old Chaos Warband that would wreck multiple Loyalist Chapters would balance out the Protagonist Plot Armor of the Loyal Space Marines

That’s not how this works.

I'm interested in the iron cage but I'm worried again that they will make Dorn look like an idiot. I'd prefer that the narrative from the two sides is about right, the fists walk into an obvious trap but refuse to die and somehow manage to make the mutual destruction of both forces a reality until the ultramarines intervene. It should be pretty miserable for both factions.

I'd like a book written from a civilians perspective, taking place on a world that remained loyal to the Imperium but suffers due to the changes that happen to imperial society after the Heresy.

The breakdown of freedoms, embracing a more basic bleak future, the Ecclesiarchy, The Inquisition purging possible collaborators and a final question of 'was this what we fought for? Would have we been better off siding with Horus?'

Scouring novels “confirmed” by Chris Wraight in recent interview.

Nope.

I mean it, seriously. I'm sure they'll get done (we've all been saying it for years), but that was in no way a confirmation. It was phrasing taken out of context to mean something adamant.

We've not even planned every Siege novel yet. No one is like "Yeah, the Scouring is definitely happening."

The Loyalist Primarchs learning of the cages in which they were supposed to spend the rest of their lives

Guilliman destroying the last records of the Two Lost Legions, Blood Ravens and Silver Skulls

Loyalist Primarchs scarred so much from the Heresy that they can't enjoy non-military stuff anymore:

-Khan can't enjoy painting (Thinks of Daemon Fulgrim every time he tries)

-Vulkan is claustrophobic (Konrad's torture is stuck in his head)

-Corax is afraid of apples (Can't tell if they're apples or human hearts)

-Guilliman confesses to his mother-of-sorts that he is losing interest in the things he usually enjoys (like administrator and leadership) and wishes somebody puts him out of misery

The Loyalist Primarchs learning of the cages in which they were supposed to spend the rest of their lives

Guilliman destroying the last records of the Two Lost Legions, Blood Ravens and Silver Skulls

Loyalist Primarchs scarred so much from the Heresy that they can't enjoy non-military stuff anymore:

-Khan can't enjoy painting (Thinks of Daemon Fulgrim every time he tries)

-Vulkan is claustrophobic (Konrad's torture is stuck in his head)

-Corax is afraid of apples (Can't tell if they're apples or human hearts)

-Guilliman confesses to his mother-of-sorts that he is losing interest in the things he usually enjoys (like administrator and leadership) and wishes somebody puts him out of misery

Dude. Stop. Seriously.

Nope.

I mean it, seriously. I'm sure they'll get done (we've all been saying it for years), but that was in no way a confirmation. It was phrasing taken out of context to mean something adamant.

We've not even planned every Siege novel yet. No one is like "Yeah, the Scouring is definitely happening."

That was kind of why I put the quotes round confirmed. His words in the interview referred to Scouring novels. Even if there’s no series planned a few different novels on a couple of events might be worthwhile. Of course it depends on whether there are any events that authors want to write about which may also depend on workloads.

I did realise that you’ve only just been in Siege meetings (there were pictures of beards around a table!)

Personally I don’t care if there isn’t a scouring series. I will be happy with the HH and Siege and Primarchs series being finished off. That’s plenty of my cash for BL’s coffers!

Nope.

That was kind of why I put the quotes round confirmed. 

Yeah, I caught the quotes, but I'm already seeing people online refer to it as a legitimate confirmation. In stuff like this, it's less a reply to you-you, and more to the royal You.

Well the first years of Black Templars would be nice. How they ended up with no librarians, how Sigismund modes them to his image and how they started worshipping the Emperor.

Also old school purging obviously.

Give us Straight Arrow Sigismund ADB, you gave us his death, now give us his life.

So what did Chris really mean then ? I think that is a valid question .

"No doubt there will be many White Scars stories to come, both in the Scouring and beyond..."

“no doubt” isn’t literal, it usually means ‘highly likely’

and “stories” can be anything, not necessarily novels. we’ve had stories set during the unification wars, but that doesn’t mean we’ve had a unification series

no doubt it will happen (lel), but just pointing out you don’t even need context to see this sentence is not necessarily a 100% confirmation

Archived