Warhammer Citadel Opening

Sete

My dudes quick thing on warhammer citadel opening tomorrow:

"There’ll even be a seminar held by Warhammer Community head honcho Andy, where he might just reveal some never-before-seen models…"

Oh damn im a necromancer now lol

"There’ll even be a seminar held by Warhammer Community head honcho Andy, where he might just reveal some never-before-seen models…"

Reveals new FW models for lotr or genestealers. I don't think GSC has FW stuff yet...

Reveals new FW models for lotr or genestealers. I don't think GSC has FW stuff yet...

Oh now my interest is piqued.

I predict:

Enthroned Patriarch on biological throne.

So, how was it? Did anyone go? I really wanted to, but I just didn't have the money, plus I needed to open for work the day after and I wasn't willing to do an eight hour drive (four hours to it and then fours hours back home) by myself when I had work and not a  lot of money. Did anyone take pictures?

So, how was it? Did anyone go? I really wanted to, but I just didn't have the money, plus I needed to open for work the day after and I wasn't willing to do an eight hour drive (four hours to it and then fours hours back home) by myself when I had work and not a lot of money. Did anyone take pictures?

From the vids and feedback it was a big success. Loads of people went, lines around the block for the opening.

one thing I'll say I'm disapionted about is that they aren't going to be selling any of the Warhammer World exclusives once the limited supply they got for the opening day runs out(and it was mostly gone by the time I left, who knows if folks going to day 2 even got a chance to pick up any of them).

I can understand if GW wants to keep some, or even most, of those exclusives only for Warhammer World, but having one or two also be at this US location would be nice.

but then again the staff I talked to about it said he didn't even know they were going to have any of them at all until they arrived at the store, so who knows if they might get more later.

one thing I'll say I'm disapionted about is that they aren't going to be selling any of the Warhammer World exclusives once the limited supply they got for the opening day runs out

This is news to me and if so then I'll probably never visit.  Couldn't justify opening day and PAX West on my vacation calendar.  GW loves the two steps forward one step back approach it seems.

I'll be within 3 hours of the Cafe later this year but unless something major changes I don't think I'll make the trip. It sounds like it's just a larger/nicer GW store that has more purchasing options? If that is the case I don't think it'll warrant a day trip from me just to stare at a few glass cases of models.

I'll be within 3 hours of the Cafe later this year but unless something major changes I don't think I'll make the trip. It sounds like it's just a larger/nicer GW store that has more purchasing options? If that is the case I don't think it'll warrant a day trip from me just to stare at a few glass cases of models.

I'm hoping it's a little more exciting than that, either way I'm going to make a detour during my honeymoon (which my wife will hate, but we are going to be within 40 minutes drive anyway) and if it's just a bigger GW shop i'll be a little disappointed but still happy I made it there.

I'm hoping it's a little more exciting than that, either way I'm going to make a detour during my honeymoon (which my wife will hate, but we are going to be within 40 minutes drive anyway) and if it's just a bigger GW shop i'll be a little disappointed but still happy I made it there.

You're either incredibly brave or incredibly foolish to do that on your honeymoon :jawdrop:

Don’t do it man. Don’t do it. I’ve been married over 20 years and I’m telling you that twenty years later, you’ll hear about it.

I say the above partly in jest.

But also partly in fear for your life...

I've split these posts from the old discussion about the "Warhammer Cafe."

Any news from the event can be found at the link below.

If you'd like to discuss any of the WH40K-relevant news, feel free to bring up individual discussions for each different item (if they don't already exist).

Archived