Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First DG List, 2000 pts.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DamnedProphet

DamnedProphet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

Hi all. I've been tinkering and making several iterations of a list to build up to, and this is what I have tentatively so far.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [93 PL, 1672pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gametype: Matched

Gifts of Decay (1 Relic)

+ HQ [15 PL, 290pts] +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 2. Living Plague, 4. Blades of Putrefaction, Daemonic axe [10pts], The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings [1 PL, 24pts]

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

+ Troops [30 PL, 495pts] +

Plague Marines [10 PL, 189pts]: Icon of Despair [10pts]

. Plague Champion [42pts]

. . Codex [25pts]: Plague knife, Plasma gun [13pts], Power fist [12pts]

. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons [22pts]: Bubotic Axe [5pts]

. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons [27pts]: Flail of Corruption [10pts]

. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons [27pts]: Flail of Corruption [10pts]

. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons [17pts]: 2nd Plague knife

Plague Marines [10 PL, 153pts]

. Plague Champion [31pts]

. . Codex [14pts]: Plaguesword [1pts], Plasma gun [13pts]

. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun [68pts]

. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon [27pts]: Blight launcher [10pts]

Plague Marines [10 PL, 153pts]

. Plague Champion [31pts]

. . Codex [14pts]: Plaguesword [1pts], Plasma gun [13pts]

. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun [68pts]

+ Elites [20 PL, 342pts] +

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 171pts]

. Left Arm [42pts]: Combi-bolter [2pts], Hellforged deathclaw [40pts]

. Right Arm [26pts]: Ectoplasma cannon [26pts]

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 171pts]

. Left Arm [42pts]: Combi-bolter [2pts], Hellforged deathclaw [40pts]

. Right Arm [26pts]: Ectoplasma cannon [26pts]

+ Fast Attack [16 PL, 316pts] +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters [34pts], Plague probe [25pts]

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters [34pts], Plague probe [25pts]

+ Heavy Support [8 PL, 146pts] +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 146pts]: 2x Entropy cannon [40pts], Heavy Slugger [6pts]

+ Dedicated Transport [4 PL, 83pts] +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 83pts]: Combi-bolter [2pts], Havoc launcher [11pts]

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [18 PL, 326pts] ++

+ HQ [6 PL, 110pts] +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

+ Elites [12 PL, 216pts] +

Biologus Putrifier [4 PL, 74pts]

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

Noxious Blightbringer [4 PL, 65pts]: Dolorous Knell, Plasma pistol [7pts]

++ Total: [111 PL, 1998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

With a list such as this, I have a few questions:

1) Mobility: I have several components which can get to hot-spots with good speed (Prince, Drones, etc.), but my Plague Marines will be slowly trudging along.

2) Anti-Tank: Chaos Marines (and Death Guard by extension) don't have terrific anti-tank choices. Between my Axe Prince and the Crawler, is there enough to be a threat to tanks, or might I run into trouble?

3) Objectives-holders: Whilst T5 and FNP are great for troops, seven-man plague marines might run into trouble against horde armies, such as Nids or Green tide.

Anywho, here's the general strategy:

Two shooty plague marine squads walk up to objectives and/or behind cover, with a caster behind each for support. They're supported by the PBC in the rear.

The Prince will use the bloat drones as moving cover to get into can-opener range with his axe, and the drones (should they survive) will either harass enemy units or charge into them for delaying. Whilst the enemy is distracted by the trio, the Party Bus will roll up to crucial objective markers, popping smoke as necessary, and then vomit its load of cqc marines. They're accompanied by the Biologis, Blightspawn, and Blightbringer for grenade spam and melee madness.

Both forward units are supported by the contemptors on the flanks, moving to put out firefights wherever necessary.

Let me know what you guys think.

Amon777

Amon777

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
edit: delete

Edited by Amon777, 09 September 2018 - 10:23 PM.

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
While i like plague marines and have some in every lists, they cannot be relied on to do te heavy lifting.
Your list kinda auto lose to hiveguard + hive tyrant and other similar. (Regular sight here)

For tournament I would say its not great, though its fine for "regular" play.

If you are looking to improve, skip non essecial upgrade on plague marine and cut on special character.
Probably a hard pass on any footsloging infantry.
Plague marine are at their best when the heavy fire is targeted at something else, so you need a lot of something else.
I cannot endorse PBC with canon, they are better with flammer, advancing with your infantry. Even more so is you have only one. Chaos anti tank is done in melee, as intended by our lords.

DamnedProphet

DamnedProphet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts

Man, I forgot to check up on this thread. Whoops!

Thanks for the comments, BlackTriton! I'm actually not familiar with the meta at my LGS, so kinda going in blind. One person plays Eldar, for sure, and another has Nids. Before I moved out, I faced off against fellow CSM, Dark Eldar, and a cheesy Marine/Custodes player (I would not be surprised if he ran a version of Chapter Master Smash-****er), if that's helpful.

Second, I don't see myself entering a tourney, anytime soon. Maybe a local one? I just want to have something to build up to that is relatively tough, and won't get super-wrecked by turn 3.

Finally, There was one other list I was toying with. The main change was switching out the hellforged dreads for a five-man Termi squad (axes, combi-whatever, and a flail) and some cultists. That would represent another hardy, frontline unit that can deepstrike and distract from the plague marines reaching objective points or areas of cover.

For now, I'll see if I can trim the extra bits for the marines and use flamers on the PBC, as you mentioned. Maybe I can skimp out on a special character, but which one(s)?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users