Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Nikator (Sons of the Temple)

Titan Legion Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy game

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,686 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
You truly are an inspiration, my friend.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

lionofjudah

lionofjudah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,840 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Glad to see you’re back at these beauties!! I’m holding off til the sprue comes out and then will be in a building frenzy.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,047 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Lots of Hellenistic names here. :P Keep it up

• Brother Handro likes this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

Coo, cheers all. Marshal Loss, the names are loose glosses of battles of the Diadochi. While I like the idea of the High Gothic names just being translations of Low Gothic ones, I also like the opportunity to have 'proper names' and nicknames – just like a pedigree animal will often have a long official name but end up being called Spot.

+++

+Gaugamela+

b.jpg

• Chaeron, Sandlemad, Cpt. Bannockburn and 1 other like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,047 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Coo, cheers all. Marshal Loss, the names are loose glosses of battles of the Diadochi.

'm a Diadoch historian - I get a kick seeing these names in the wild. You won't hear any quarrel from me! :P

• Apologist likes this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,138 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Cool choice of names Apologist! :lol:

When you say Diadochi, are you referring to Alexander the Great heirs? If so, it’s interesting that the term used in English is Diadochi (inheritors) as the word in Greek is Epigonoi (decendents). Of course, decedents may imply blood relation, which was not the case for Alexander and as such Diadochi would be a more correct term to use anyway. However “Epigonoi” or “Epigoni” is the standard term in Greek. Phew...

Back on topic...

So what will it take to see your fantastic work in Titans of the Heresy? :P
  • Brother Handro likes this

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,131 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Liking the name and pose - very nice!

BoxingDayBash2018.png?w=129ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

'm a Diadoch historian - I get a kick seeing these names in the wild. You won't hear any quarrel from me! tongue.png

Ah, cool! It's a period of history I'm enjoying reading about currently – which is what probably inspired the naming scheme. Initially, I wanted to bring in a subtle Persian/Babylonian/Akkadian feel, but ended up erring back towards more traditional Latinate High Gothic, so as not to be too egregious. This seemed a nice halfway house.

Cool choice of names Apologist! laugh.png

When you say Diadochi, are you referring to Alexander the Great heirs? If so, it’s interesting that the term used in English is Diadochi (inheritors) as the word in Greek is Epigonoi (decendents). Of course, decedents may imply blood relation, which was not the case for Alexander and as such Diadochi would be a more correct term to use anyway. However “Epigonoi” or “Epigoni” is the standard term in Greek. Phew...

Back on topic...

So what will it take to see your fantastic work in Titans of the Heresy? tongue.png

Ta! Interesting to hear. Marshal Loss is probably better-placed to answer – I'm very much an amateur historian – but yes, as I understand things, Diadochi refers to the four generals who inherited Alexander's lands, while the Epigonoi were the descendants of their generals.

As to your second question – I had intended to over the weekend; but all signed-up now :)

Liking the name and pose - very nice!

Cheers :)

• Marshal Loss likes this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 14,138 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Hey, when you’re right, you’re right! :lol:

welcome on board!
  • Apologist likes this

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

+ Warhorns blaring +

Senex Codomannus, known to the Legio's enemies as 'Old Spiteful', is the first in the paintshop. 

e.jpg

I've been playing around with granulation medium, inks and oranges. Great fun!

ba.jpg

• Reyner, Cpt. Bannockburn, DuskRaider and 5 others like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

Zhiv

Zhiv

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Quill

I like what you did with the carapace, but what's up with the legs? Is the idea that he's been wading in some corrosive goo? Or is that still WIP?

gallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

Thanks – and yes, still very much work in progress. The legs will likely go the same terracotta, though there'll be some white and turquoise here and there too.

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

That carapace looks excellent. It's like he's walked out of a John Blanche image - in a good way.

I do like the idea of titans with high and low gothic names. I haven't actually thought of many yet though!

Pledging a load of Primaris marines for Dorn and an Axiom Maniple for Titans of the Heresy. C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog

gallery_45765_12339_13106.pnggallery_48988_15151_1205.png

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,732 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Love the orange :) and the grimy look thumbsup.gif

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

Cheers both. Some creeping advances – the bases and some additional underlaying:

b.jpg

The launching missiles can be seen here, too.

Edited by Apologist, 23 January 2019 - 02:25 PM.

• Doghouse, Reyner, Cpt. Bannockburn and 2 others like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

Had a little test game with Bob Hunk last night; a little Legio Nikator civil war. I took Manifest Law to take on Old Spiteful and Megasthenes Dura. Since Law has a power fist, I pushed power to locomotors and trusted in the stars to get me across the table safely.

d.jpg

Shooting damage built up, with Law's shields coming down in turn three. Some lucky repair rolls and unfortunate spread of damage kept Law bearing down on Old Spiteful as Dura encircled the charging Warlord...

c.jpg

Ramming speed! In turn 5, the Warlord – shields down, plasma cannon disabled, and cratered with damage – finally caught up with the retreating Reaver. The fist swung back and targetted the head – repeatedly battering it; injuring both the Moderati and the Princeps.

All Titans remained standing by the end of the game. While Old Spiteful was all but out for the count, I don't think Manifest Law would have survived the following turn, as Megasthenes Dura was undamaged and right on his tail.

Great fun, and I'm looking forward to more games.

• Doghouse, Sandlemad, Cpt. Bannockburn and 4 others like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

yeah, judging from the battle reports I've seen of AT, the most I've ever seen is one Titan death in any given game, but usually it is just "at the end if the game the titans are pretty beat up, maybe one more round would have killed one or two of them" type of scenario.

I wonder if that's intentional on the rules writers' part, to make actually killing a Titan special, but at the same time it makes Mortis's special rule that gives their titans 1 reroll per each kill they personally make, when if they score any kills it will be towards the end of the game anyway and they won't really get to take advantage of it.

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

Entirely possible – they've gone to great lengths to make the Titans feel appropriately massive. With that said, I do think that may come down a lot to the small size of the game – had we had a full maniple, I think there would have been a lot more potential for FOEDEATH.

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

Artellus Numeon

Artellus Numeon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts

@RipOffProductions 

Actually you can kill of Titans easily if you either focus on one at a time (starting with the smaller ones) or going into cc in general (knight lancers do some serious damage!) where you can pick a segment without negative modifiers to hit and potentially use already done structural damage to your advantage for easy kills. 

• noigrim likes this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts

@RipOffProductions 

Actually you can kill of Titans easily if you either focus on one at a time (starting with the smaller ones) or going into cc in general (knight lancers do some serious damage!) where you can pick a segment without negative modifiers to hit and potentially use already done structural damage to your advantage for easy kills. 

I am yet to see a battle report featuring either Warhounds or Knight Lancers, and none featuring melee combat besides the Questorus Knights.

Apologist

Apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,690 posts

Having received Titandeath yesterday, I've been spooling up and playing around with Legio Nikator's roster for an upcoming campaign.

Legio%2BRoster.jpg

• Reyner likes this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

Sherrypie

Sherrypie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts

@RipOffProductions

With quite some games under my wings, this is true. Killing anyone on the first two turns, besides vaporizing knights who wandered out of cover, is hard but doable and often the death spiral begins in earnest on turn three if there is aggression on the board. Warhounds are especially driving in this regard, running close and dying to return fire having snagged their targets. Kills will come as players get familiar with their lists.

Also, nice work Apologist! That orange is so dark yet vibrant at the same time, I dig it.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts
The grimy orange look is great. Look forward to seeing further progress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Titan Legion, Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users