where to get Heresy-era "Chaos" backpacks/powerpacks?

I've been thinking about getting into the Horus Heresy, spacifically Night Lords, and I want to kit them out with the iconic "chaos" style power packs, and while using ones from the 40K CSM kits is the obvious chioce, those tend to have bits of chaos iconogrophy in hard to remove places(not to mention the excessive cost of buying squads of CSM just for backpacks).

are there any good places to get non-chaos "chaos" powerpacks?

They used to be available directly from GW, but sadly last time I checked they had discontinued them. I'm afraid right now your best options are ebay and bits sites. I'm actually also interested un alternative sources, as I picked a 5-pack from GW some time ago but I'd like to get a few more to sprinkle them through the squads.

They used to be available directly from GW, but sadly last time I checked they had discontinued them. I'm afraid right now your best options are ebay and bits sites. I'm actually also interested un alternative sources, as I picked a 5-pack from GW some time ago but I'd like to get a few more to sprinkle them through the squads.

yeah, I'm surprised that none of the different Marks of marine armor from Forge World have them, the MK.V "Heresy" armor would have been the perfect place to do it.

EDIT: also, is there any info on a pre-heresy/pre-reunion with Conrad Cruze paint scheme for Night Lords?

Most of the stuff on the CSM Anvilus backbacks that's chaosy is really just single arrows, which a definitely fine with marines of all types. The CSM kit and Berzerkers kit are pretty much the only source unless you can find something 3rd party.

Are you referring to the Anvilus pattern power pack?

http://warpstoneflux.blogspot.com/2014/07/anvilus-pattern-backpack.html

yes.

Most of the stuff on the CSM Anvilus backbacks that's chaosy is really just single arrows, which a definitely fine with marines of all types. The CSM kit and Berzerkers kit are pretty much the only source unless you can find something 3rd party.

that is a bit of a shame, though I suppose there are other CSM bits that could have a use for Night Lords; nastier looking Chainswords, the pistol and ammo/grenade pouches being on a leather/cloth flap that could be painted as skins.

maybe I should reserve this plan to give my Night Lords Anvilus packs only for Terror Squads, help them stand out even more.

Archived