Legio Venari Fera (The Wild Hunt)

TheTrans

Legio%2BInfo.jpg

After seeing Apologists amazing start to his custum legio, figured I'd follow suit and chuck up some stuff that I've been working on.

Currently nutting out the back ground of them, but so far I'm feeling they live on a heavily forested world, with very nasty native fauna. Essentially their Forgeworld is a death world (Troicinet) which is abundant in rare minerals and unobtanium. Any lasting settlements are pretty much destroyed/eaten etc by the nasties that live on the planet. So essentially the Forgeworld is pretty much the Arch Mechanicus that just wallows in low orbit over the planet and moves every couple of months when they've exhausted a certain site. The Titans are dropped down as guardians of that site while it is being mined or what not. 

As I said, very basic so far but you get the jist. 

I also thought that every man and his dog will be rocking mars-alpha pattern Titans, so I figured I'd jump the gun and try some Lucius based stuff (I realise there is almost a certainty that FW will release a Lucius upgrade pack in the future that will be far better than mine, but where is the fun in waiting :P.)

I give you Imlerith E Arctos

20180829_224210.jpg

So proceeding along pretty well with the Lucius styled armoured sections. I'll be looking at casting these up once done so I can have a few warlords (then reavers, then warhounds :P ).

Cor, that's awesome! I'd toyed with the idea of making Lucius armour, and it's great to see it accomplished so well. Imlerith is looking fantastic already, and I like the style of presentation on your opening image. 

Looking forward to seeing where you take this. Have you had any thoughts on colour scheme etc.?

If you cast them up, I’d probably buy a few “Lucius upgrade kits” from you ;)

How do the shin plates work so far with the ankle joints? Do the joints still fit underneath or do you think you’ll have to shave them down?

Woot!! Lucius is mah favorite and that sir is looking fantastic!!

Really excited to see where you go with this as I’m trying to visualize the gribblies that would require a warlord dropped onsite to defend against.

Wondering your weapons loadout as the belicosa seems a tad overkill and quad multi launchers may not be feasible;)

Picturing a deep green paint scheme with a strike of yellow.

Also hopeful for a Lucius head.:)

Cor, that's awesome! I'd toyed with the idea of making Lucius armour, and it's great to see it accomplished so well. Imlerith is looking fantastic already, and I like the style of presentation on your opening image. 

Looking forward to seeing where you take this. Have you had any thoughts on colour scheme etc.?

Thanks a heap mate! Wanted to sort of replicate how the FW black books do it! 

I honestly am super stuck on colouring, so if you have some thoughts I'd be all ears mate!

If you cast them up, I’d probably buy a few “Lucius upgrade kits” from you :wink:

How do the shin plates work so far with the ankle joints? Do the joints still fit underneath or do you think you’ll have to shave them down?

Actually looking into casting some up, so I'm sure i could 'gift' some out if the cast is ok.

I'm honestly just bashing out the main armour sections at the moment, when I've got them cast then I'll go to town on the titan with a knife. The angle joints seem OK if you don't go too nuts, but the pistons may be another issue (I may need to make up a skinnier piston and housing for it).

Woot!! Lucius is mah favorite and that sir is looking fantastic!!

Really excited to see where you go with this as I’m trying to visualize the gribblies that would require a warlord dropped onsite to defend against.

Wondering your weapons loadout as the belicosa seems a tad overkill and quad multi launchers may not be feasible;)

Picturing a deep green paint scheme with a strike of yellow.

Also hopeful for a Lucius head.:smile.:

Thanks a heap mate! 

Oh I was imagining the gribblies being large creatures..maybe with a good whack of intelligence. I was thinking even that maybe there is a full blown like culture there ruled by Leshie (that creature that is the symbol) maybe they aren't as large but have a hold over the less intelligent but larger creatures that roam the huge forests of Troicinet?

Will definitely magnetise the load out, but after playing a game last week I must say the Quake Cannons are super fun!! 

Keep talking..as super unsure of scheme at the moment. 

Archived